Maryland laws help

chili84

Hello everyone,

I'm getting ready to be stationed in Maryland in a few months and I was wondering if anyone knew what the laws were like there regarding fenders. I've heard the tires can't stick out past them and I've also heard that there are no laws. Thank you!!

WJCO

Meme King
Hello everyone,

I'm getting ready to be stationed in Maryland in a few months and I was wondering if anyone knew what the laws were like there regarding fenders. I've heard the tires can't stick out past them and I've also heard that there are no laws. Thank you!!

Just a quick google search brought up several results. I would check with .gov websites to ensure the information is accurate.

https://www.google.com/webhp?source...1&espv=2&ie=UTF-8#q=Maryland+dot+laws+fenders

WarriorJeep

Was stationed at APG for awhile, and in 18 months I never got pulled over or had something said to me on my TJ running 40s and flat fenders

chili84

Was stationed at APG for awhile, and in 18 months I never got pulled over or had something said to me on my TJ running 40s and flat fenders

Same goes for those at the gate? I'm going to chop mine using the article that Eddie did. I just don't want it to be a waste of time.

I was at PAX as a contractor from 2000-2006 (helicopter mech with DynCorp- shitty company, but I digress). If you've never registered a vehicle in MD, get ready to be ass raped. The vehicle inspection is the only thing you need to worry about. Can't get a plate without passing. All the local shops are shady as hell and will fuck you in any way possible to get your money. You will need to "fix" something in order to pass inspection. All the locals are related (inbred) so don't try to go from Billy Rays shop to Billy Bobs shop to get a better deal. They're most likely brother/cousins and already called each other. I hated every second I was there but I needed a job. It's in the southern most part of the state and while it has grown since I was there it's still rife with local inbred shit hicks and asshole cops. While this post is full of my disdain for that god awful fuckhole, the parts about the registration and inspection are not opinion- they're truths. Hope you have a better experience than I did. Good fuckin luck!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I was at PAX as a contractor from 2000-2006 (helicopter mech with DynCorp- shitty company, but I digress). If you've never registered a vehicle in MD, get ready to be ass raped. The vehicle inspection is the only thing you need to worry about. Can't get a plate without passing. All the local shops are shady as hell and will fuck you in any way possible to get your money. You will need to "fix" something in order to pass inspection. All the locals are related (inbred) so don't try to go from Billy Rays shop to Billy Bobs shop to get a better deal. They're most likely brother/cousins and already called each other. I hated every second I was there but I needed a job. It's in the southern most part of the state and while it has grown since I was there it's still rife with local inbred shit hicks and asshole cops. While this post is full of my disdain for that god awful fuckhole, the parts about the registration and inspection are not opinion- they're truths. Hope you have a better experience than I did. Good fuckin luck!

Lol! I love having to read this as my first post this morning

WJCO

Meme King

Awesome post! :cheesy:

Two door Dave for the WIN!!!

Christina152

The fender laws in MD apply to big rigs. You will need them to pass a MD inspection but otherwise your okay. If you are in southern Maryland I can recommend a honest shop to do your inspection if you are switching your tags over.

chili84

The fender laws in MD apply to big rigs. You will need them to pass a MD inspection but otherwise your okay. If you are in southern Maryland I can recommend a honest shop to do your inspection if you are switching your tags over.

Thanks. I'm going to try and avoid any and all SMIBS. I'll be back home in Tennessee next week and will be registering it there.

MallRated

Well don't know where that one is. If you ever feel like coming over to the APG Harford County area let's grab brews.

zimm

Caught the Bug
The good news is once you get tags- there's no more inspections. I see some shitty cars running around southern MD- missing lights, you name it. So get it safety'd, tagged, then mod it.

nknacd

having been in the military and stationed in maryland then getting out and staying in the peoples republic of maryland, I can say that if you stay in the military you won't have to switch your tags over as long as they are still valid. i had florida tags for 3 years while i was stationed here. once i got out i had to switch them over. as for the fenders, i've seen tons of jeeps without fenders but there is an old retired cop in annapolis that seems to read jeepers the riot act about how their jeeps are illegal so watch out around there. he can't do anything but the 3 or 4 jeepers i know who got it from him say he seems to have nothing better to do than harass people

ChiliDawg

You still around to make this rec? Or anyone else in the area? Need to get an inspection done, my Nevada registration is almost up.

Sent from my iPhone using WAYALIFE mobile app

Top Bottom