Tire toss-up

Jern26

Buying 35s soon, and having a front d30 I'm trying to stick to some lighter ones. Anyone have opinions of goodyear MT/R Kevlar, or Pro Comp xtreme mt2? Or maybe more I'm missing?

I've ran bfg km2's before and liked them, so they'll be my fallback if I can't decide lol.

I don't do alot of rocks, mostly trails/dirt/light mud (pennsylvania)

Thanks again for any input!!

Edit: Long story short I'm indecisive and can't make up my own mind so please talk me into a tire so I can get it ordered soon haha

Last edited:

robx251

Caught the Bug
I am running duratracs and in very similar conditions to what you are taking about. I am very happy with them and will most likely get another set.

Jern26

I am running duratracs and in very similar conditions to what you are taking about. I am very happy with them and will most likely get another set.

Funny thing is I have 33" Duratracs on it right now haha. I love them and I'm going to keep them for winter treads, I just want a more aggressive tread for the new ones ha. Thanks though!! I agree they are really surprising for an a/t!!

robx251

Caught the Bug
Funny thing is I have 33" Duratracs on it right now haha. I love them and I'm going to keep them for winter treads, I just want a more aggressive tread for the new ones ha. Thanks though!! I agree they are really surprising for an a/t!!

I am running a set of grabber red letters on my pick-up love those too not very good in the snow tho but if you're going to keep your 33 duratracs for the winter I'd think about those too

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I certainly will no matter which tires I get!! $60 and a couple hours time vs a new axle, sounds good to me [emoji106]

Ok good! Lol

As for tires don't get the mtr's. I hated my set when I had them. They were super hard to balance and tracked really weird on the road. I only had them off road once so I can't really comment.

Jern26

Ok good! Lol

As for tires don't get the mtr's. I hated my set when I had them. They were super hard to balance and tracked really weird on the road. I only had them off road once so I can't really comment.

I've heard about the mtr balancing deal before come to think of it. I just wish bfg's were really their advertised size, I'd have my mind made up ha. Good road manners, light, but always 1" too short haha. Which is no big deal really, until that guy with true 37s parks next to me and makes me reconsider my entire build. AGAIN. hahaha

Jern26

Oh and cozdude one more thing, how do you like those mud graps? Was considering them too if I ignore the heavy weight factor!

Jtvegas

I like my ko2's. Drive 70-80's on your way to trails. Had no problems on the trails in Moab & Colorado. Had km2's in the past and they did look cooler on my rig but like my ko2 for my function. As for procomp MUDs had them in the past and they were hard to balance.

Jern26

I like my ko2's. Drive 70-80's on your way to trails. Had no problems on the trails in Moab & Colorado. Had km2's in the past and they did look cooler on my rig but like my ko2 for my function. As for procomp MUDs had them in the past and they were hard to balance.

Good to know about the procomps, thankyou!! The trails I frequent are 1-30 miles away from home, and a 10 mile trip to work everyday - and that's all 45 speed limits max. This jeeps lucky to see 65+ once a month lol

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Oh and cozdude one more thing, how do you like those mud graps? Was considering them too if I ignore the heavy weight factor!

I love them and will get them again. Handle great on and off road and super easy to balance. If you don't like loud tire tho then skip them as they are prob the loudest out there

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
If your keeping your duratracs I would look at the trail grappler, or the toyo mud tire (don't rem the name) or even go all out and get the mud grappler or a super swamped or something (though they won't last as long if your driving it on the road)

Or sell your current ones and go with the KO2s or the KM2s or again the Nitto or Toyo. I have over 10k miles on my trail grapplers and they still look new. So I think even the Nittos or toyos will give you some mileage life.

Jern26

I love them and will get them again. Handle great on and off road and super easy to balance. If you don't like loud tire tho then skip them as they are prob the loudest out there

As an avid mall crawler I actually secretly enjoy loud tires lol. You might have me sold... they do look rugged as hell

Jern26

If your keeping your duratracs I would look at the trail grappler, or the toyo mud tire (don't rem the name) or even go all out and get the mud grappler or a super swamped or something (though they won't last as long if your driving it on the road)

Or sell your current ones and go with the KO2s or the KM2s or again the Nitto or Toyo. I have over 10k miles on my trail grapplers and they still look new. So I think even the Nittos or toyos will give you some mileage life.

That's what I figured, for a summer setup the more agressive the better. Even if I get 35,000 miles out of it that'll still be almost 5 years. I can't sell stuff to save my life, I'm literally the worst negotiator ever ha

jeeeep

Hooked
...... I just wish bfg's were really their advertised size, ..........................

I haven't come across any tire that runs their advertised size, they come close but final size mounted also depends on how much load you have on them and what width wheel - the squat could be up to 2" lower
35x12.50 KM2 34.8, KO2 34.5

correcting my tire advertised size comment, I've found several 18" that show at stated size or just a little larger - Nitto mud Grappler is one of them

Last edited:

patr1ckm

For your needs, I vote for Goodyear MT/R Kevlar. This tire has a very strong sidewall, making it perfect for rock crawling and conquering mud and dirt.

Top Bottom