PDA

View Full Version : FIRST TIME : Lifted Jeep Renegade Trailhawk & Stock JK Rubicon on the Rocks

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 01:05 AM
There’s a first time for everything and when it came time for us to test out our newly lifted Jeep Renegade Trailhawk out on the rocks, we decided to do it on one of our favorite trails in Southern California and that would be, Last Chance Canyon. Fortunately for us, our good friends Tony and Stephanie were able to join us in their brand new Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited and Tom and Susan were able to tag along as well in their highly modified JK and with Susan taking the wheel as a first time driver. In this short video, you'll get to see how well everyone did as well as all the fun we had along the way. We hope you enjoy the presentation and we'd love to hear what you think of the Renegade :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFC3ZeKHldI

For those of you who are wanting to know, our red 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk is running a 1.5" Daystar lift and a set of 225/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires mounted on 16" Chevy HHR Wheels and 1.25" wheel spacers to make it all work. Tom and Susan's black 2013 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited is running an EVO DTD coil over system with long arms and 37" tires. Last but not least, Tony and Stephanie were driving a bone stock anvil 2015 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.

WIN A NEW WAYALIFE T-SHIRT!!To help celebrate the release of FIRST TIME for EVERYTHING, Cindy and I will be giving away a brand new WAYALIFE T-shirt and if you'd like a chance to WIN one, all you have to do is post up a response and let us know what you think about the all new Jeep Renegade (good or bad) here on this thread. There is no limit as to how many posts you make and a WINNER will be selected at random and announced on Monday, February 15th. You will not have to be online to win. Thank you for watching, thank you for chiming in and good luck to all of you!
http://project-jk.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=454126&g2_serialNumber=1

And the WINNER is...

Great video! My personal thoughts on the new Renegade are that it fills a gap for the Jeep Corporation and it fills a void in the Jeep community. In order for Jeep to continue making our beloved Wranglers and continue to make improvements on the platform, they need to be a successful car company first. The Renegade does a great job of competing in the small SUV market space.
I've had several opportunities to drive the Renegade, and I have to say that I love this little thing. It rides comfortable, has a surprising amount of space on the inside, and I think it looks great. I love all of the little 'nuggets' that you can find inside and out. I also like that, in the space it competes in, it still delivers the legendary Jeep off-road capabilities, especially in the TrailHawk edition. You can hit up to moderate trails in it comfortably, and it does a great job as a daily driver and commuter, without having to stray from Jeep.
I have heard and read several people say its not a real Jeep. Really? Ill agree its not a Wrangler, but it is every bit Jeep as my full size Cherokee and Wagoneer were back in the day. If I were in the market for a smaller daily driver or a small vehicle at all, the Renegade would no doubt be first on my list!

Congratulations AllAmericanInfidel!! You have just won a new WAYALIFE t-shirt! :thumb:

WAYALIFE EPIC TREX ADVENTURES are off-road films created by Cindy and I. We have been responsible for producing the JK-Experience (also known as the JKX) video series "KEEP IT TIGHT" which was made in 2011, the 2012 series "HEARTLAND", the 2013 series "WILD WILD WEST" and the 2014 "PACIFIC NORTHWEST". We are NOT paid professionals who have been hired to film events but rather, we are amateurs who simply enjoy sharing what we do and love. Our films are produced and paid for entirely by us and we receive absolutely NO funding from manufacturers or vendors to help subsidize our work.

CastleRockJeep
02-11-2016, 01:09 AM
Link is not working for me, on the Wayalife App.

Found it on YouTube. Watching it now!

BitBucket
02-11-2016, 01:09 AM
I think Renny is awesome and really enjoy the videos of him getting over some amazing obstacles. Keep the videos coming....

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 01:10 AM
Link is not working for me, on the Wayalife App.

Sorry about that, give it a try now.

robx251
02-11-2016, 01:20 AM
Just watched the video, it was great guys. I hope to be able to tag along with you guys on a ride at some point of I can ever get out to meet you.

I am suprised at how the toaster did, but sometimes it's just as much about driver skill set as it is the vehicle. I too enjoy testing abilities on lesser modded vehicles.

MR.Ty
02-11-2016, 01:26 AM
Simply awesome! I thoroughly enjoyed the video. It was really cool to see your Rennegade out wheeling like that. It was also cool that the trail you took it on had the mining history behind it. Thank you for sharing.

BamBamDeer
02-11-2016, 01:27 AM
Just watched your video with my 17 y.o. Daughter. We have been shopping for a Renny for her...her reasoning..."it's so cute!" Awesome little machine but I think a lot of the Credit needs to go to the Pilot.

Thanks for another great Vid!

notnalc68
02-11-2016, 01:27 AM
Great video. That Renegade just won't quit! Love it.

CZEBJKU
02-11-2016, 01:32 AM
Nice! Thanks for sharing!!! Wish my daughter would let me lift her Renegade.

Benito
02-11-2016, 01:35 AM
"....keep the shiny side up, at least 2 on the floor..." -renegade version. that little jeep is pretty darn cool.

dcbjk
02-11-2016, 01:35 AM
I must say Eddie bud I will give Renny a 10 out of 10 very impressed with the way it climbed and wheeled in general through the whole trail. I will say due to observation the ground clearance may have been an issue at times, but it made it through and that says alot. I think the independent suspension worked pretty well as well along side the solid axle setup of the JK.
Overall Jeep has put out another great vehicle that'll take you where you need to go.
Awesome film Eddie looking forward to the next one.

Fireball
02-11-2016, 01:37 AM
The Ren really shined in performance going over those rocks, great driving skills also... Time to invest in some armor though lol!

JeepFan
02-11-2016, 01:37 AM
Sssssssssss! This video rocks! Easy! :thumbup::thumbup:

CastleRockJeep
02-11-2016, 01:38 AM
Great video I loved Susan's facial expressions. Renny did great. I've been pleasantly surprised with what it can do.

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 01:38 AM
Just watched the video, it was great guys. I hope to be able to tag along with you guys on a ride at some point of I can ever get out to meet you.

I am suprised at how the toaster did, but sometimes it's just as much about driver skill set as it is the vehicle. I too enjoy testing abilities on lesser modded vehicles.

Glad you liked it and I do hope you can join us on a run sometime. Regarding lesser modded vehicles, I just love how much fun you can have going over rocks that a built up Jeep would never even know existed. It's great :yup:

Simply awesome! I thoroughly enjoyed the video. It was really cool to see your Rennegade out wheeling like that. It was also cool that the trail you took it on had the mining history behind it. Thank you for sharing.

So glad you enjoyed it! There really is so much to see and do on this trail other than just go driving over stuff. It is the reason why we love the trail so much.

Just watched your video with my 17 y.o. Daughter. We have been shopping for a Renny for her...her reasoning..."it's so cute!" Awesome little machine but I think a lot of the Credit needs to go to the Pilot.

Thanks for another great Vid!

LOL!! "It's so cute" is awesome. Glad you enjoyed the video and thank you for the compliment :cool:

Buster3479
02-11-2016, 01:39 AM
Thanks for sharing. I was very surprised by how the Renegade did. I hope to see some more adventures with it.

robx251
02-11-2016, 01:41 AM
Glad you liked it and I do hope you can join us on a run sometime.

Or if you guys ever wanted to come do a New England run....

Brent McCartney
02-11-2016, 01:41 AM
Awesome truck and video.

JKRicky
02-11-2016, 01:42 AM
Very cool video and really awesome seeing Renny working out on those rocks! Really surprised me. I will def agree though that having a stock Jeep is a lot more fun on the trail at times. Now that you have an idea of what he can do, I'm looking forward to seeing where you take him next!

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 01:43 AM
Great video. That Renegade just won't quit! Love it.

I won't lie, it amazed even me how much it just wanted to keep going and going. I kid you not, if we had rocker guards, I would have been able to do so much more with this thing :crazyeyes:

LOL!! You just need to take her out on the trail. That might change her mind :yup:

"....keep the shiny side up, at least 2 on the floor..." -renegade version. that little jeep is pretty darn cool.

:cheesy: That's perfect :clap2:

I must say Eddie bud I will give Renny a 10 out of 10 very impressed with the way it climbed and wheeled in general through the whole trail. I will say due to observation the ground clearance may have been an issue at times, but it made it through and that says alot. I think the independent suspension worked pretty well as well along side the solid axle setup of the JK.
Overall Jeep has put out another great vehicle that'll take you where you need to go.
Awesome film Eddie looking forward to the next one.

I'm glad to hear you say as much. Clearly, the Renegade isn't for everyone but in spite of what some seem to think, I personally feel that Jeep put a lot of thought into making this vehicle as capable as possible.

crumpler
02-11-2016, 01:46 AM
If I was shopping for a small SUV this video would certainly inspire me to check out the Trailhawk equipped Renegade.
But the price point for a 'hawk'd out Renny would leave me feeling a lil cold I think.
PERSONALLY, I'd rather get a new base JKU Sport or a nicely equipped 1-2 year old JKU, and have a larger, more capable Jeep with a TON of aftermarket support.

If I could get a Trailhawk for $20K or less, it would be up for consideration, though.

What do you guys think?

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 01:50 AM
The Ren really shined in performance going over those rocks, great driving skills also... Time to invest in some armor though lol!

Thank you and YES!! We're literally chomping at the bit waiting for a set of rocker guards :crazyeyes:

Sssssssssss! This video rocks! Easy! :thumbup::thumbup:

:cheesy: Thank you so much for joining us out on Last Chance Canyon and for helping to spot me over the rocks. Cindy and I had a ton of fun with you and Steph :thumb:

Great video I loved Susan's facial expressions. Renny did great. I've been pleasantly surprised with what it can do.

LOL!! We absolutely LOVE wheeling with newbies. The excitement and enthusiasm is contagious and it always reminds us of what it was like the first time we took on some rocks. :yup:

Thanks for sharing. I was very surprised by how the Renegade did. I hope to see some more adventures with it.

We're glad you enjoyed it and you can count on more adventures to come :cool:

Rharvey160
02-11-2016, 01:50 AM
Your little red jeep looks pretty capable with the mods you have made to it. Great video. Thanks for sharing.

DWGrip
02-11-2016, 01:51 AM
Did not expect that from a renegade. But i'm very impressed

JAGS
02-11-2016, 01:51 AM
What an awesome trip. Wish I could've made it out with you.

Renny was really impressive watching that thing take on some rocks. I bet it's a bit like being a newby again. [emoji41]

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 01:53 AM
If I was shopping for a small SUV this video would certainly inspire me to check out the Trailhawk equipped Renegade.
But the price point for a 'hawk'd out Renny would leave me feeling a lil cold I think.
PERSONALLY, I'd rather get a new base JKU Sport or a nicely equipped 1-2 year old JKU, and have a larger, more capable Jeep with a TON of aftermarket support.

If I could get a Trailhawk for $20K or less, it would be up for consideration, though.

What do you guys think?

Honestly, I couldn't agree with you more. If I could only afford to have one Jeep and wheeling as much as I'd prefer, I'd rather get a JK Sport as it will still be way more capable than a Renegade Trailhawk. In my opinion, Jeep blew it by pricing the Renegade so high because I really do think they would sell so many more units if it were more affordable.

Your little red jeep looks pretty capable with the mods you have made to it. Great video. Thanks for sharing.

Glad you enjoyed it :thumb:

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 01:56 AM
Did not expect that from a renegade. But i'm very impressed

Truth be told, we didn't even expect it to do all this :crazyeyes:

What an awesome trip. Wish I could've made it out with you.

Renny was really impressive watching that thing take on some rocks. I bet it's a bit like being a newby again. [emoji41]

You know, that's the best part about driving the Renegade - it can be a challenge driving over the smallest rocks in a way that you could never feel challenged in something like moby unless you were about to die :crazyeyes:

highoctane
02-11-2016, 01:58 AM
Just finished watching it. I like the new Renegade because, after watching this video, looks like it's still a Jeep at heart and does just fine off the pavement.

Daro
02-11-2016, 01:59 AM
Great video like always. I'm not surprised that jeeps other than the wrangler can do well on the trail. I have a lifted 2007 Grand Cherokee, and people are always surprised how far it can go

crumpler
02-11-2016, 02:02 AM
Honestly, I couldn't agree with you more. If I could only afford to have one Jeep and wheeling as much as I'd prefer, I'd rather get a JK Sport as it will still be way more capable than a Renegade Trailhawk. In my opinion, Jeep blew it by pricing the Renegade so high because I really do think they would sell so many more units if it were more affordable.

Glad you enjoyed it :thumb:

Glad I'm not totally out of order with my thoughts regarding pricing.

My Jeep is a 2012 JKU Sport that I purchased in January of 2013 with only 4,000 miles on it for $25,500.
It wasn't even the basest of models, as mine was equipped with the 17" alloy wheels (instead of the sad little 16" steelies), power options, tinted windows on the non-premium soft top, and a couple other options I'm forgetting - what they used to refer to in the marketing material as the 24S package... For $25,500 - this is a LOT of capable Jeep!

To think the starting price of the Renny Trailhawk is thousands more?

Nope. Not for my dollars, I'd get another JK.

Fridge81
This video should be a great inspiration to anyone who looking for an entry level rig and possibly wanting to go bigger. I loved watching the novice in the built rig and the veteran in the questionable rig. Man, the renegade freaking stole the show! I had a grin on my face the whole video! That little thing rocks, haha! I can't believe how well it did! You gotta love the expressions and excitement from the lady in the built rig though....we've all been in her shoes. Best feeling ever and a pure joy to witness first hand....she's hooked, just like us....

RDO_23
Nice little video guys.

What was it shot with? - the images are soooo crisp!

rewolfe13
02-11-2016, 02:06 AM
Awesome video guys.

Armydog
02-11-2016, 02:06 AM
Can you wheel it bro?
Yeah, bro.
Damn straight - Eddie can! Nicely done.

Tylersilverjku
02-11-2016, 02:07 AM
Loved the video! I was extremely surprised at the ability of the renegade!

Dubzy
02-11-2016, 02:13 AM
Wow! Not going to lie, I am full blown impressed. I honestly would not have thought a renegade would be able to do that.

HappyHooligan
02-11-2016, 02:14 AM
Great video. A couple of years ago I was Jeepin' with some friends and we let the wives drive too. They had a BLAST!!!

RockyJk
02-11-2016, 02:15 AM
Renny did awesome! Was waiting to see it do the V-notch haha Last Chance canyon is a fun trail [emoji106]

JK07
02-11-2016, 02:17 AM
Cool! I'm surprised at how well the little Renegade did. Thanks for sharing.

Bathtub23
02-11-2016, 02:19 AM
Looks like a fun trail and good friends. That is what the jeep life is all about no matter what kind of jeep you are in. And by the way, I'm glad you're not giving away an old or used t-shirt!!

JKinAK
02-11-2016, 02:20 AM
That's pretty cool! I know my wife has been looking at these. The lift/wheels and tires really spiced up the look. We might have to pick one up!

Karnaugh
02-11-2016, 02:23 AM
Impressive little machine. Just need some armor. Love the technology with the traction control assist without lockers.

Trevo
02-11-2016, 02:23 AM
Not really a fan of the renegade, comes off to me as a hipster car, but I'm slightly impressed with it's performance as seen in the video.

That being said, I would never purchase one myself. Good video though as always. :)

TrainWreck618
02-11-2016, 02:29 AM
I am really enjoying watching what that little jeep can do. Cant wait to see more videos

Sessoms14X
02-11-2016, 02:30 AM
Another job well done Eddie. It's cool to see what this jeep is capable of. I really liked how you put in a stock wrangler as well. Watching the video I just kept thinking how much of a difference the driving would be if the bumpers weren't so bulky and would give ya a better angle at things. I'll be keeping an eye on this little jeep to see what it can become.

JCMULEY
02-11-2016, 02:32 AM
Great driving! Thanks for the video. Renegade aesthetically undesirable.

hawklee
02-11-2016, 02:35 AM
sweet, makes me wished i lived in Cali!

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 02:37 AM
Just finished watching it. I like the new Renegade because, after watching this video, looks like it's still a Jeep at heart and does just fine off the pavement.

Obviously, there are a lot of people who don't like the Renegade but really, they're kidding themselves if they really think it's not a Jeep at heart. :yup:

Great video like always. I'm not surprised that jeeps other than the wrangler can do well on the trail. I have a lifted 2007 Grand Cherokee, and people are always surprised how far it can go

Couldn't agree with you more. I have no doubts that Jeep makes every effort to make ALL their vehicles capable of going off road and having some fun. :yup:

Glad I'm not totally out of order with my thoughts regarding pricing.

My Jeep is a 2012 JKU Sport that I purchased in January of 2013 with only 4,000 miles on it for $25,500.
It wasn't even the basest of models, as mine was equipped with the 17" alloy wheels (instead of the sad little 16" steelies), power options, tinted windows on the non-premium soft top, and a couple other options I'm forgetting - what they used to refer to in the marketing material as the 24S package... For $25,500 - this is a LOT of capable Jeep!

To think the starting price of the Renny Trailhawk is thousands more?

Nope. Not for my dollars, I'd get another JK.

To be fair, that is for a Trailhawk. You can get a Sport for about $17k. Granted, the Trailhawk has what it takes to do what we did but then, not everyone will want or need to do what we did :cool:

This video should be a great inspiration to anyone who looking for an entry level rig and possibly wanting to go bigger. I loved watching the novice in the built rig and the veteran in the questionable rig. Man, the renegade freaking stole the show! I had a grin on my face the whole video! That little thing rocks, haha! I can't believe how well it did! You gotta love the expressions and excitement from the lady in the built rig though....we've all been in her shoes. Best feeling ever and a pure joy to witness first hand....she's hooked, just like us....

Exactly! You just can't make that stuff up and I think what you see in Susan is what ultimately got us all into the Jeep WAYALIFE :yup:

Nice little video guys.

What was it shot with? - the images are soooo crisp!

If you can believe it, we just use an old Sony HD camcorder. Of course, Cindy has a way of working some magic too ;)

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 02:40 AM
Can you wheel it bro?
Yeah, bro.
Damn straight - Eddie can! Nicely done.

LOL!! Thanks, I appreciate it :cool:

Loved the video! I was extremely surprised at the ability of the renegade!

Wow! Not going to lie, I am full blown impressed. I honestly would not have thought a renegade would be able to do that.

No joke - so was I. At one point and time, we had the JK go in front of us thinking we'd need a tug up some of the obstacles but much to our amazement, none was needed.

Renny did awesome! Was waiting to see it do the V-notch haha Last Chance canyon is a fun trail [emoji106]

:shock: Maybe next time.... NOT :crazyeyes:

notnalc68
02-11-2016, 02:41 AM
If you can believe it, we just use an old Sony HD camcorder. Of course, Cindy has a way of working some magic too ;)

You two should have a show on cable.

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 02:42 AM
Cool! I'm surprised at how well the little Renegade did. Thanks for sharing.

Glad you enjoyed watching it go :cool:

Looks like a fun trail and good friends. That is what the jeep life is all about no matter what kind of jeep you are in. And by the way, I'm glad you're not giving away an old or used t-shirt!!

:cheesy: Now that's funny. That being said, the shirt is a brand new "design" :yup:

That's pretty cool! I know my wife has been looking at these. The lift/wheels and tires really spiced up the look. We might have to pick one up!

Awesome :thumb:

Impressive little machine. Just need some armor. Love the technology with the traction control assist without lockers.

DEFINITELY needs some armor. As for the traction control, it's WAY BETTER than what comes on the JK. I can only hope they include it on the new JL. It's almost like having lockers.

Erockhopper
02-11-2016, 02:43 AM
Great video, classic Jeeping day spent with friends and ending with an incredible sunset and some fender trimming/body work.

Fridge81
02-11-2016, 02:43 AM
That's a fact! You killed it with this video. Bravo. Seriously makes my heart smile because this encompasses so many jeep emotions that I feel. Sorry, not sorry if it's weird that I classify "Jeep" as an emotion...haha!

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 02:47 AM
Not really a fan of the renegade, comes off to me as a hipster car, but I'm slightly impressed with it's performance as seen in the video.

That being said, I would never purchase one myself. Good video though as always. :)

LOL!! I'd be the first to admit that the Renegade isn't for everyone. That being said, I think we've proven that it is still a Jeep :yup:

I am really enjoying watching what that little jeep can do. Cant wait to see more videos

Glad you enjoyed it and you can be sure we will do more with it in the future :yup:

Another job well done Eddie. It's cool to see what this jeep is capable of. I really liked how you put in a stock wrangler as well. Watching the video I just kept thinking how much of a difference the driving would be if the bumpers weren't so bulky and would give ya a better angle at things. I'll be keeping an eye on this little jeep to see what it can become.

The big front bumper really is a liability. The break over angles aren't too bad with a lift and the departure angle is actually okay. Cindy and I are hoping to address some of these things in the near future.

Great driving! Thanks for the video. Renegade aesthetically undesirable.

Thank you. I'm sure Jeep had a different audience in mind than guys who already own a Wrangler. :)

thardy
02-11-2016, 02:49 AM
Simply impressive, that's all there is to say. Too cool to actually see a Renegade out on the trail!

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 02:50 AM
Great video, classic Jeeping day spent with friends and ending with an incredible sunset and some fender trimming/body work.

Thank you, it really was a perfect Jeeping day and really, it's the time we get to spend with friends and out in such amazing places that makes us love the Jeep WAYALIFE so much. :yup:

That's a fact! You killed it with this video. Bravo. Seriously makes my heart smile because this encompasses so many jeep emotions that I feel. Sorry, not sorry if it's weird that I classify "Jeep" as an emotion...haha!

Thank you! We really do appreciate it and we're so glad that we were able to capture just how much fun we have out on the trail. :yup:

Land Guru 1
02-11-2016, 02:53 AM
Great vid. Very impressed with the Renny. The stock Rubi looked at home on the rocks.

WJCO
02-11-2016, 02:54 AM
Great video and great wheeling. It's really impressive what you've done with the rig and how you use it. Of course, I'm just a newbie here posting so I can win some free shit.

Fridge81
02-11-2016, 02:56 AM
Thanks for what you do, man. You and Cindy are pretty awesome. I know I'll catch up you some day, be it on the trail or by Happenstance, either way it'll be a pleasure shake to both of your hands. Thank you both.

LasVegasJK
02-11-2016, 03:00 AM
Looked as though the traction control system worked well.

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 03:03 AM
Simply impressive, that's all there is to say. Too cool to actually see a Renegade out on the trail!

It was way cool to wheel it on the trail too :yup:

Great vid. Very impressed with the Renny. The stock Rubi looked at home on the rocks.

Oh yeah, a stock JK belongs out there.

Great video and great wheeling. It's really impressive what you've done with the rig and how you use it. Of course, I'm just a newbie here posting so I can win some free shit.

:cheesy:

Thanks for what you do, man. You and Cindy are pretty awesome. I know I'll catch up you some day, be it on the trail or by Happenstance, either way it'll be a pleasure shake to both of your hands. Thank you both.

That would be awesome to meet you in person someday :cool:

Looked as though the traction control system worked well.

It really did and we were really impressed with it.

Jeffcashdollar
02-11-2016, 03:03 AM
I'm new here and thank you for reaching out and inviting me to view the video. Nicely done and the trailhawk is impressive with just a few light-mods.

Looking forward to watching more and if ever in Nashville... I know a 2016 rubicon that works for beer.... J$

CZEBJKU
02-11-2016, 03:06 AM
Originally Posted by CZEBJKU

LOL!! You just need to take her out on the trail. That might change her mind

She loves getting off road in the JK. Haha I'm just going to keep sending her your Renegade videos and hoipe that she will get tired of watching and want to start doing.:thumb:

KICKROX
02-11-2016, 03:08 AM
I must say, that was pretty cool.. little jealous I wasn't there as it looked like a lot of fun and what a perfect place to get my wife Chely behind the wheel and get her started wheeling.

Renny did really good and obviously with the right driver behind the wheel it can really go places most wouldn't dare take it. I can see where aftermarket companies could have a field day with body armor protection options for this.

I showed my daughter this video and now she wants one and quite possibly be a good 3rd car option for us one day.

OJK12
02-11-2016, 03:14 AM
I loved it!! Totally amazing what it's capable of.

psheffern
02-11-2016, 03:17 AM
Love seeing stock and minor adjusted Jeeps rolling over rocks like they are pebbles. Awesome video....thanks for sharing

cozdude
02-11-2016, 03:27 AM
Another great video Cindy and Eddie! Love how capable the renegade is! I'm glad to see that you had so much fun pushing it to its limits!

WarriorJeep
02-11-2016, 03:27 AM
Ive been watching your videos on the renegade and I hate myself for saying so, but I like it. Seems equally capable to the new Cherokee, and a whole lot more fun. I was amazed when you managed to crawl those rocks and not do any damage. I was waiting for you to come off the other end and leave the bumper behind or some such. But nope. Now I just need my wife to buy off on the fact that we "need" a renegade. Yeah that's it... we "need" one. I should trade her Lincoln MKC in on it as a surprise for her on Valentines day!

dwvninety
02-11-2016, 03:29 AM
Dang that Renegade is impressive. I thought it did great considering some of the lines it took, although I was winching several times when I though it was going to go down hard on the rocker panel.

Honor2afault
02-11-2016, 03:29 AM
I, truly, enjoy watching the videos of Renny going through its paces. And, yes, the transformation from stock Renny to lets hit the rocks Renny. A joy. Thank you for sharing.

kep01
02-11-2016, 03:37 AM
That jeep is awesome. Trying to talk the wife into getting one for her

CJW
02-11-2016, 03:39 AM
Still not a fan of the new renegade's looks and its type of vehicle but, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't impressed with its capability. Very cool video!

BABOOZLE
02-11-2016, 03:40 AM
I thought this was a great video to showcase what can be done with a lesser vehicle. People sometimes get too wrapped up in spending loads of money for upgrades before they even hit the trails. Jeeps are extremely capable in stock form. Get out there and test your jeep and yourself. Thanks for sharing.

catahoula
02-11-2016, 03:42 AM
Nice video with the comparisons. I really like the Renegade ESPECIALLY after you have modified it. I'll say it again they should come stock like that. So question. How's the gas mileage with the new shoes?

10frank9
02-11-2016, 04:00 AM
Fantastic Destination video! You really captured what I've experienced wheeling with you, Tony and Steph. Add Tom and Susan and you have three awesome couples.

RockyJk
02-11-2016, 04:00 AM
:shock: Maybe next time.... NOT :crazyeyes:

Lol! [emoji23] wonder how moochie's Cherokee would do compared to the renegade?

RedSyndrome
02-11-2016, 04:01 AM
I got a chance to drive the Renegade at the FCA introduction.
I liked the way it handled on dirt trails and the IFS made wash boards smoother than a straight axle Jeep.
I was not impressed with its rock crawling ability. Going up the wash with a bunch of inexperienced magazine guys, they quickly broke the rear drive train.
It seemed great to go skiing, out camping, or to the mall.

I enjoyed your video and am looking forward to how far you can push its abilities.

bnatt78
02-11-2016, 04:06 AM
Thank You for the awesome video! Now, I will be showing the video to a friend of mine so he can show to his wife, so he can start making it better and taking it off the road. Like always, Thank you for the great information.

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 04:33 AM
I'm new here and thank you for reaching out and inviting me to view the video. Nicely done and the trailhawk is impressive with just a few light-mods.

Looking forward to watching more and if ever in Nashville... I know a 2016 rubicon that works for beer.... J$

It's good to have you here and glad that you enjoyed the video :cool:

I must say, that was pretty cool.. little jealous I wasn't there as it looked like a lot of fun and what a perfect place to get my wife Chely behind the wheel and get her started wheeling.

Renny did really good and obviously with the right driver behind the wheel it can really go places most wouldn't dare take it. I can see where aftermarket companies could have a field day with body armor protection options for this.

I showed my daughter this video and now she wants one and quite possibly be a good 3rd car option for us one day.

Well, we'll most likely be heading down there again in March if you want to make the drive :D
Otherwise, there are some trails up here where we can do something like it :yup:

I loved it!! Totally amazing what it's capable of.

Us too! Glad you liked it. :)

Love seeing stock and minor adjusted Jeeps rolling over rocks like they are pebbles. Awesome video....thanks for sharing

Glad you enjoyed it

pop2tu
02-11-2016, 04:38 AM
That thing is amazing. I can't believe how capable it is!

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 04:38 AM
Another great video Cindy and Eddie! Love how capable the renegade is! I'm glad to see that you had so much fun pushing it to its limits!

Thanks Steve. You know we wouldn't have it any other way :D

Ive been watching your videos on the renegade and I hate myself for saying so, but I like it. Seems equally capable to the new Cherokee, and a whole lot more fun. I was amazed when you managed to crawl those rocks and not do any damage. I was waiting for you to come off the other end and leave the bumper behind or some such. But nope. Now I just need my wife to buy off on the fact that we "need" a renegade. Yeah that's it... we "need" one. I should trade her Lincoln MKC in on it as a surprise for her on Valentines day!

LOL!! We did a little damage but nothing of significance but when we went into it, I thought we may have done a lot more.

Dang that Renegade is impressive. I thought it did great considering some of the lines it took, although I was winching several times when I though it was going to go down hard on the rocker panel.

We did come down hard once and to the point where it bent up one of the rocker trim mounting points but, it really was no big deal and I was able to straighten it out over lunch.

I, truly, enjoy watching the videos of Renny going through its paces. And, yes, the transformation from stock Renny to lets hit the rocks Renny. A joy. Thank you for sharing.

Glad to hear it :)

That jeep is awesome. Trying to talk the wife into getting one for her

I think the two of you would enjoy it.

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 04:42 AM
Still not a fan of the new renegade's looks and its type of vehicle but, I'd be lying if I said I wasn't impressed with its capability. Very cool video!

Thanks! It's a good thing that Jeep makes a bunch of different vehicles. Clearly, some appeal more to others than not but in the end, they're still all Jeeps :)

I thought this was a great video to showcase what can be done with a lesser vehicle. People sometimes get too wrapped up in spending loads of money for upgrades before they even hit the trails. Jeeps are extremely capable in stock form. Get out there and test your jeep and yourself. Thanks for sharing.

Agreed. There is so much fun you can have without throwing more money at your Jeep than is needed.

Nice video with the comparisons. I really like the Renegade ESPECIALLY after you have modified it. I'll say it again they should come stock like that. So question. How's the gas mileage with the new shoes?

Just like any Jeep, once you build it up, MPG will go down. Still getting about 20 MPG with my heavy foot but it was getting more like 28 before.

Fantastic Destination video! You really captured what I've experienced wheeling with you, Tony and Steph. Add Tom and Susan and you have three awesome couples.

Thanks Frank, you know spending time with our friends is what it's all about. The wheeling thing is just icing on the cake.

sunnysideup
02-11-2016, 04:45 AM
Looks like the little toaster did really good! I took a forester subi off road a few times, no low range so it did no where near as good as the renegade... but it seemed to not like it real well. a little extra noise after each trip... so I just quit taking it on anything more than gravel.
I look forward to hearing about how well it holds up over the long haul. If it gets really squeaky and turns into a rattle can, or if continues to seem like it was built for at least a little time off road! From what it has been Advertised as being, I would hope it maintains nothing but minor scratches and dents. It looked like it did really well!

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 04:46 AM

I bet Moochie's Cherokee would do pretty good. But, the odds of him scratching up his bumper and rockers would be pretty high :crazyeyes:

I got a chance to drive the Renegade at the FCA introduction.
I liked the way it handled on dirt trails and the IFS made wash boards smoother than a straight axle Jeep.
I was not impressed with its rock crawling ability. Going up the wash with a bunch of inexperienced magazine guys, they quickly broke the rear drive train.
It seemed great to go skiing, out camping, or to the mall.

I enjoyed your video and am looking forward to how far you can push its abilities.

Wow, how the hell did you get to go to the FCA introduction?? I personally know the senior designer of Jeep and other top officials and I never get invited to their events. As far as the magazine guys go, I think it's clear they really don't care much for the Renegade and never gave it a fair shake OR, they just suck as drivers.

Thank You for the awesome video! Now, I will be showing the video to a friend of mine so he can show to his wife, so he can start making it better and taking it off the road. Like always, Thank you for the great information.

LOL!! Hope we were of some help :D

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 04:48 AM
Looks like the little toaster did really good! I took a forester subi off road a few times, no low range so it did no where near as good as the renegade... but it seemed to not like it real well. a little extra noise after each trip... so I just quit taking it on anything more than gravel.
I look forward to hearing about how well it holds up over the long haul. If it gets really squeaky and turns into a rattle can, or if continues to seem like it was built for at least a little time off road! From what it has been Advertised as being, I would hope it maintains nothing but minor scratches and dents. It looked like it did really well!

We have about 10,000 miles on our Renegade now and so far, we have one rattle on the passenger side sun visor but then, we've always had it. The tires are much louder than the stock street tires and our new light bar whistles in the wind but the rest of the Renegade seems good.

Clem319
02-11-2016, 04:48 AM
My wife and I laughed as Renny went over the rocks. I hated the renegades when they came out. You have changed my mind and I actually kinda like them now. I dig the little lift and black rims.

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 04:49 AM
My wife and I laughed as Renny went over the rocks. I hated the renegades when they came out. You have changed my mind and I actually kinda like them now. I dig the little lift and black rims.

:cheesy: It's hard not to laugh. It's funny for sure but it's also fun to watch. Really amazing even to us what all it could do.

Clem319
02-11-2016, 04:53 AM
:cheesy: It's hard not to laugh. It's funny for sure but it's also fun to watch. Really amazing even to us what all it could do.

I thought it did really well. I'd drive it [emoji106]🏼

Moochie
02-11-2016, 04:56 AM

Cage match?

UGAdudeoo7
02-11-2016, 05:01 AM
Another awesome production! The renegade impresses yet again!

Between convincing my wife to buy a renegade and progressing through the Wayalife features, like I do every time there's a new video, I'll be gainfully employed tonight.

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 05:03 AM
I thought it did really well. I'd drive it [emoji106]

And, I think you'd have fun driving it too :yup:

Cage match?

Let's do it! :thumb:

Another awesome production! The renegade impresses yet again!

Between convincing my wife to buy a renegade and progressing through the Wayalife features, like I do every time there's a new video, I'll be gainfully employed tonight.

LOL!! Thanks

JeepFan
02-11-2016, 05:10 AM
Cage match?

This would be fun.

jagrubb99
02-11-2016, 05:22 AM
Awesome video! Initially, I did not particularly care for the renegade as it appeared to be just a little grocery getter. The more I read and watch what you guys have discovered with Renny the more impressed I have become! It looks like a capable little rig for someone wanting a mini rig that compromises off road capability with drivability and comfort! Really the only "4x4 compact" out there. Love it! Thank you guys for all the awesome videos. I find myself watching them in any free time I get.

JAGS
02-11-2016, 05:22 AM
Cage match?

This would be fun.

Ha ha. That would be awesome. Though not really fair. The renegade is now "highly modified." [emoji2]

I'm actually somewhat torn between a renegade and Cherokee as a daily, or waiting for the JL.

So many people hate the non-wrangler models, but I think they are a great Jeep brand extension. My grandpa recently traded in his JK for a 2016 Cherokee and loves it.

Moochie
02-11-2016, 05:23 AM

I'll meet you after school...across the street....in the park! :)

boardsurfer
02-11-2016, 05:30 AM
Nice driving, Eddie. That little thing just kept going! Your friends driving were very endearing. Great video, and thank you for sharing that.

Moochie
02-11-2016, 05:34 AM
I challenged a Desert Tortoise to a race and I kicked his ass!

Idaho 51
02-11-2016, 05:35 AM
it is interesting to see the little guy go and go. the driver makes it look easy, spotter assist helps. the electronics are changing the world. now imagine the driverless.....:eek:

jkrichard
02-11-2016, 05:55 AM
Not that I'd buy one but still quite impressed with its capabilities. I have a friend that let his wife buy a Renegade, trying to convince her to let us have our way with the car... keep posting sweet videos so I can use them in this uphill battle.

When I was at EJS 2 years ago they said stock the Renegade could do a 5 rated trail, I'm not seeing that capability, but... a solid 2, and maybe some 3's

DMF
02-11-2016, 06:18 AM
The pics of your Renegade does not do it any justice after seeing it in person. And after watching this video I'm shocked to see what it's capable of doing.

Trail JK
02-11-2016, 06:24 AM
Loved the video! Really enjoyed watching Renny climb the rocks! Also really enjoyed watching Susan as first time driver! Way to go girl!

Pretty incredible what the renegade can do!

TeamFaust
02-11-2016, 07:23 AM
Enjoyed the video.
When these first came out I wasn't real keen on them however they are definitely growing on me...especially with the modified stance of Rene with the little lift and out spaced wheels/ tires. Well done.

Tombstone
02-11-2016, 07:33 AM
Thanks folks for a fun video, the Wanglers little bro. does pretty good, I am impressed...........

stressball
02-11-2016, 09:34 AM
Another great video guys! It's certainly no JK and was never intended to be but it's always great to see an unassuming vehicle impress the doubters - Good driving! It's definitely time for some rock sliders though..

Siebermd
02-11-2016, 09:49 AM
Great vid. I did Last Chance Canyon back in 2005 with my 2002 TJ with a friend in his XJ. It was a blast. That intimidating rock 3/4 of the way up on that last steep hill resulted in me needing a new output shaft on my T-case. Gave her just the right little bump. Didnt stop us from enjoying our weekend of overlanding. But I did have to drive back to LA with just the front drive shaft. The rear was throwing crazy vibrations on the highway so we pulled it off. Our intent was to do all the trails in that area and Red Rock. Then head out and do some of the Mojave Road. But we skipped the Mojave Road do to my unfortunate T-case injury. It was an amazing weekend out there. I love that area.

2nd.gunman
02-11-2016, 12:11 PM
Great video as always guys! Looked like a lot of fun.

Still haven't driven a renegade yet but really want to. They look pretty cool especially the tail lights

YAYMUD
02-11-2016, 12:13 PM
Will be interesting to see the toasters as they gain popularity and the builds get bigger and badder. Nice Video!!

Weeeee
02-11-2016, 12:37 PM
Excellent video, nice to see the Renny out there on the trail, and very surprising to see it was able to conquer some of those obstacles. I also always love seeing first time drivers wheel, and thanks for sharing.

Makes me wish I lived closer to be able to have access to trails like that.

Voyager_1700
02-11-2016, 12:45 PM
I have been eye balling the Renegade and after watching your video..
knowing it doesn't have the same clearance as a wrangler I was very impressed...
Thanks for sharing..

Jern26
02-11-2016, 01:09 PM
I'm still beyond amazed everytime I see what these little renegades can do lol

NotAllWhoWander
02-11-2016, 01:15 PM
great video. i have liked the Renegade since i first saw it. really impressed by what it can do in the hands of a skilled driver.

Scuba
02-11-2016, 01:33 PM
WOW that Renny is impressive. Good job to Susan also on her first time wheelin.

plext0r
02-11-2016, 01:50 PM
Nicely done, Renny! Most impressive what the Renegade was able to accomplish with Eddie behind the wheel. :rock:

SJ21XDC
02-11-2016, 02:02 PM
Another Great video! Thanks for sharing!:thumb:

joose
02-11-2016, 02:13 PM
The best part of the video is hearing you say that's the most fun I've had in awhile. My best time's wheeling over the years is that first run with a stock rig. It's full of anxiety knowing that you going to damage it in some way, and then when you don't what a rush. After we get home we build up our rig to handle the trail better, but is does so well that it wasn't as much fun as that first time:clap2: Keep up the great work guys.

ItsTTime
02-11-2016, 02:28 PM
Another entertaining and well made video! I really enjoyed the video and am surprised like many others on how well the Renegade performs. Its somewhat comforting to know that stamping a Jeep badge on vehicle still means something!

CandAMudders
02-11-2016, 02:31 PM
Sitting here with -21 celcius looming, I enjoyed watching you all crawl through the beautiful sunshine. Definitely going to put the Renegade on the short list when it is time to get a smaller vehicle.

jamesrw30
02-11-2016, 02:37 PM
I am amazed what that little Renegade can do. I never thought I would see one doing this kind of wheeling when I first saw them. Great job showing everyone what they really can do. Looks like a little rocker protection wouldn't be bad haha.

philbrattin
02-11-2016, 02:37 PM
There’s a first time for everything and when it came time for us to test out our newly lifted Jeep Renegade Trailhawk out on the rocks, we decided to do it on one of our favorite trails in Southern California and that would be, Last Chance Canyon. Fortunately for us, our good friends Tony and Stephanie were able to join us in their brand new Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited and Tom and Susan were able to tag along as well in their highly modified JK and with Susan taking the wheel as a first time driver. In this short video, you'll get to see how well everyone did as well as all the fun we had along the way. We hope you enjoy the presentation and we'd love to hear what you think of the Renegade :cool:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DFC3ZeKHldI

For those of you who are wanting to know, our red 2015 Jeep Renegade Trailhawk is running a 1.5" Daystar lift and a set of 225/75R16 Cooper Discoverer STT Pro tires mounted on 16" Chevy HHR Wheels and 1.25" wheel spacers to make it all work. Tom and Susan's black 2013 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited is running an EVO DTD coil over system with long arms and 37" tires. Last but not least, Tony and Stephanie were driving a bone stock anvil 2015 Jeep JK Wrangler Rubicon Unlimited.

WIN A NEW WAYALIFE T-SHIRT!!To help celebrate the release of FIRST TIME for EVERYTHING, Cindy and I will be giving away a brand new WAYALIFE T-shirt and if you'd like a chance to WIN one, all you have to do is post up a response and let us know what you think about the all new Jeep Renegade (good or bad) here on this thread. There is no limit as to how many posts you make and a WINNER will be selected at random and announced on Monday, February 15th. You will not have to be online to win. Thank you for watching, thank you for chiming in and good luck to all of you!
http://project-jk.com/gallery2/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=454126&g2_serialNumber=1

WAYALIFE EPIC TREX ADVENTURES are off-road films created by Cindy and I. We have been responsible for producing the JK-Experience (also known as the JKX) video series "KEEP IT TIGHT" which was made in 2011, the 2012 series "HEARTLAND", the 2013 series "WILD WILD WEST" and the 2014 "PACIFIC NORTHWEST". We are NOT paid professionals who have been hired to film events but rather, we are amateurs who simply enjoy sharing what we do and love. Our films are produced and paid for entirely by us and we receive absolutely NO funding from manufacturers or vendors to help subsidize our work.

Great video Eddie & Cindy! Like Reny and think it's a neat project! Keep up the great work and really enjoy the Wayalife site.

philbrattin
02-11-2016, 02:38 PM
Great video Eddie & Cindy! Like Reny and think it's a neat project! Keep up the great work and really enjoy the Wayalife site.

segt99
02-11-2016, 02:55 PM
I am surprised what that little Renegade with hardly any suspension travel can accomplish. :clap2: However you are going to need some armor if you keep hitting those rocks.

Spazbyt
02-11-2016, 03:00 PM
When rock slides for Rennys start hitting the market I think you will see more and more of these 7 slot toasters roaming the rocks.

ob_tj
02-11-2016, 03:06 PM
I was really impressed with how renney did! Watched that video with my dad and for a guy who has always been big into his JKs he said he wants one! :what:

johnstanford819
02-11-2016, 03:07 PM
Great video as always. Rene looked good and I'm sure got the best fuel economy. I am very impressed that it made it over the obstacles and up the hill climb. I sold my 2010 unlimited Rubicon so now I need advice. If you could buy something under $30,000 would you opt for the Renegade, Cherokee, or the Wrangler, what options would you suggest. I spend the majority on the road and am a volunteer fireman that deals with snow, ice and mud. Thanks and again I love the videos.

MNAJeep
02-11-2016, 03:18 PM
I wasn't sure I liked the Renegade at first, but Reny and other's are changing my mind for the better! The more accessories that come out, the more I want one!

rflowers65
02-11-2016, 03:24 PM
In one word ... impressive. There are obvious limitations to the Renegade, but the ability to move through some of those obstacles with the aid of that traction control surprised me bigtime!

There’s a first time for everything and when it came time for us to test out our newly lifted Jeep Renegade Trailhawk out on the rocks ...

ljvsnyder
02-11-2016, 03:29 PM
It is like the little engine that could. Not the biggest and baddest rig in the world but amazing job by jeep to build a capable vehicle. Some small simple mods and you have a decent trail rig that rides comfortably and handles moderate backwoods trails. Great video as always eddie. Would love to see how the little renegade handles trails like Black Bear pass and trails in Moab.

Steve's Rubi
02-11-2016, 03:29 PM
Just watched the video and was wondering why even bother. I personally would never own one of those things. I agree with everyone else that Eddie could drive a Prius up there and make it look easy.:thumb:

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 03:34 PM
Nice driving, Eddie. That little thing just kept going! Your friends driving were very endearing. Great video, and thank you for sharing that.

Thanks! Me having a little experience certainly helped but none of it would have mattered if the Renegade weren't up to the task. Glad you liked the video :yup:

it is interesting to see the little guy go and go. the driver makes it look easy, spotter assist helps. the electronics are changing the world. now imagine the driverless.....:eek:

Pretty amazing isn't it! After seeing some of the other videos out there and magazine editors having so much trouble with the Renegades they were given to wheel for a day, I wasn't sure how much we could do. After this trip, I now see these guys didn't really give the Renegade a fair shake or they just suck as drivers. The electronic traction control on the Renegade is amazing.

Not that I'd buy one but still quite impressed with its capabilities. I have a friend that let his wife buy a Renegade, trying to convince her to let us have our way with the car... keep posting sweet videos so I can use them in this uphill battle.

When I was at EJS 2 years ago they said stock the Renegade could do a 5 rated trail, I'm not seeing that capability, but... a solid 2, and maybe some 3's

What's a "5 rated trail"? :idontknow:

The pics of your Renegade does not do it any justice after seeing it in person. And after watching this video I'm shocked to see what it's capable of doing.

As I've said, we were pretty shocked as to what it could do too. :crazyeyes:

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 03:39 PM
Loved the video! Really enjoyed watching Renny climb the rocks! Also really enjoyed watching Susan as first time driver! Way to go girl!

Pretty incredible what the renegade can do!

Thanks Rachel! Glad you enjoyed it and it was fun seeing Susan out there behind the wheel :yup:

Enjoyed the video.
When these first came out I wasn't real keen on them however they are definitely growing on me...especially with the modified stance of Rene with the little lift and out spaced wheels/ tires. Well done.

Without question, the Renegades look 100 times better with a slightly taller and wider stance. For us, it completely changed the look of it. :cool:

Another great video guys! It's certainly no JK and was never intended to be but it's always great to see an unassuming vehicle impress the doubters - Good driving! It's definitely time for some rock sliders though..

Exactly!! It's no Wrangler but it was never intended to be. :thumb:

Great video as always guys! Looked like a lot of fun.

Still haven't driven a renegade yet but really want to. They look pretty cool especially the tail lights

Thank you, we always have a great time when we're out with our friends. If you get around to driving a Renegade, I think you'll find that you like it :yup:

Will be interesting to see the toasters as they gain popularity and the builds get bigger and badder. Nice Video!!

Well, Jeep is gonna need to get a lot more Renegades out there first but if they can, I think they will be come more popular and with any luck, more parts will be made for it.

Excellent video, nice to see the Renny out there on the trail, and very surprising to see it was able to conquer some of those obstacles. I also always love seeing first time drivers wheel, and thanks for sharing.

Makes me wish I lived closer to be able to have access to trails like that.

Thank you. Being around first time drivers is always fun as you get to relive what it was like through their excitement. It's awesome!

lekmedm
02-11-2016, 03:43 PM
I continue to be impressed for what the Renegade is. I guess it could use some sliders and some bumpers or other protection from body damage.

Nice job, Cindy and Eddie! Thanks for demonstrating.

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 03:44 PM
I have been eye balling the Renegade and after watching your video..
knowing it doesn't have the same clearance as a wrangler I was very impressed...
Thanks for sharing..

As I've said before, the Renegade is no Wrangler nor should it be thought as one. Still, it is impressive what it can do.

great video. i have liked the Renegade since i first saw it. really impressed by what it can do in the hands of a skilled driver.

Nicely done, Renny! Most impressive what the Renegade was able to accomplish with Eddie behind the wheel. :rock:

You guys are too kind, thanks!

WOW that Renny is impressive. Good job to Susan also on her first time wheelin.

Indeed, good job to Susan! :thumb:

The best part of the video is hearing you say that's the most fun I've had in awhile. My best time's wheeling over the years is that first run with a stock rig. It's full of anxiety knowing that you going to damage it in some way, and then when you don't what a rush. After we get home we build up our rig to handle the trail better, but is does so well that it wasn't as much fun as that first time:clap2: Keep up the great work guys.

It really is ironic isn't it. :crazyeyes:

8POUND
02-11-2016, 03:50 PM
That was an awesome video. Very impressed with the capabilities of the Renegade. Definitely a good setup for daily driver and light trail use.

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 03:59 PM
Another entertaining and well made video! I really enjoyed the video and am surprised like many others on how well the Renegade performs. Its somewhat comforting to know that stamping a Jeep badge on vehicle still means something!

It really is nice to know that a Jeep badge still means something :yup:

I am amazed what that little Renegade can do. I never thought I would see one doing this kind of wheeling when I first saw them. Great job showing everyone what they really can do. Looks like a little rocker protection wouldn't be bad haha.

Tell me about it. Mechanically speaking, the Renegade is way more capable than I am willing to damage it - okay, so I went ahead and damaged it anyway but I would have preferred not to. Rocker guards would help out a lot! :crazyeyes:

I am surprised what that little Renegade with hardly any suspension travel can accomplish. :clap2: However you are going to need some armor if you keep hitting those rocks.

Fortunately, the Renegade is small enough that you can wiggle around the harder stuff and so long as you're picking good lines, you can do a lot with one of these. While it is armored up underneath, it definitely needs some rocker protection and a smaller front bumper.

When rock slides for Rennys start hitting the market I think you will see more and more of these 7 slot toasters roaming the rocks.

I think you could be right :yup:

I was really impressed with how renney did! Watched that video with my dad and for a guy who has always been big into his JKs he said he wants one! :what:

:cheesy: That's awesome!

SmilinVamp
02-11-2016, 04:00 PM
...I am always a fan of the underdog!

JK_MARINE_93
02-11-2016, 04:05 PM
To be honest I think the Renegade is an awesome little outdoors vehicle. Especially once you put some upgrades on it. Been thinking about leasing/buying one.

Hbomb
02-11-2016, 04:10 PM
That looked like a ton of fun. I was impressed with the Renegade. It held its own pretty well!
My 20 year old daughter bought a solar yellow one, albeit two wheel drive only and she loves it.
That shot at the end of the video of the sunset was stunning....nice work.

Linebacker
02-11-2016, 04:12 PM
Have to admit the little guy, with very few mods, is surprisingly good on the trail.:thumb::thumb:

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 04:24 PM
Great video as always. Rene looked good and I'm sure got the best fuel economy. I am very impressed that it made it over the obstacles and up the hill climb. I sold my 2010 unlimited Rubicon so now I need advice. If you could buy something under $30,000 would you opt for the Renegade, Cherokee, or the Wrangler, what options would you suggest. I spend the majority on the road and am a volunteer fireman that deals with snow, ice and mud. Thanks and again I love the videos.

That's hard to say. Based on where you live and what you have stated, you can get a stock Wrangler Sport in the price range that you're shooting for and while it does have cool factor, it won't come with the same great ride and creature comforts that a Renegade or Cherokee will have for the same price. If you think you'll be wanting to wheel your Jeep hard and on a regular basis, a Wrangler is still what I would recommend. Being that driving in snow, ice and mud (I assume not deep mud trenches but muddy roads), I can tell you that the traction control on the Renegade and Cherokee is much better than what the Wranglers have. For me, I knew I wanted to modify and do some wheeling in whatever I got and there are a lot more options available for a Renegade. It is why I got what I did. If you were to get a Sport, Latitude or Limited, you would even have better MPG than a Trailhawk.

I wasn't sure I liked the Renegade at first, but Reny and other's are changing my mind for the better! The more accessories that come out, the more I want one!

LOL!! More accessories even make a JK look better.

In one word ... impressive. There are obvious limitations to the Renegade, but the ability to move through some of those obstacles with the aid of that traction control surprised me bigtime!

No joke, it really surprised me as well. On the harder rocks, we had Steph go ahead of us thinking that I'd most likely need a strap but then, the little Renegade just kept on making it all on its own :crazyeyes:

It is like the little engine that could. Not the biggest and baddest rig in the world but amazing job by jeep to build a capable vehicle. Some small simple mods and you have a decent trail rig that rides comfortably and handles moderate backwoods trails. Great video as always eddie. Would love to see how the little renegade handles trails like Black Bear pass and trails in Moab.

There's a video out there of a Renegade doing Black Bear Pass and it was kind of disappointing. There's a scene where the driver couldn't crawl up a ledge and asked for a push from one of the camera guys. Sure, he was in a stock Trailhawk but if it really just took a push to get him up, he clearly wasn't interested in showing the Renegade in the best light or he just wasn't a good of a driver. As far as Moab goes, there are a few clips out there of the Renegade out on Fins-n-Things and a few other trails.

Just watched the video and was wondering why even bother. I personally would never own one of those things. I agree with everyone else that Eddie could drive a Prius up there and make it look easy.:thumb:

LOL!! Sign me up!! :thumb:
The nice thing about variety and options is that none of us have to buy something we don't like. Clearly, the Renegade isn't for everyone but then, I don't think Jeep ever intended it to be :cool:

wayoflife
02-11-2016, 04:30 PM
I continue to be impressed for what the Renegade is. I guess it could use some sliders and some bumpers or other protection from body damage.

Nice job, Cindy and Eddie! Thanks for demonstrating.

Glad you liked it and yes, I can't wait to get my hands on some rocker guards :crazyeyes:

That was an awesome video. Very impressed with the capabilities of the Renegade. Definitely a good setup for daily driver and light trail use.

Thank you. For a daily driver and light trail use, I think the Renegade is a great option for anyone to consider.

...I am always a fan of the underdog!

:cheesy: Us too :D

To be honest I think the Renegade is an awesome little outdoors vehicle. Especially once you put some upgrades on it. Been thinking about leasing/buying one.

With a few upgrades, it really does change the way it looks and really, it is a fun little Jeep :yup:

That looked like a ton of fun. I was impressed with the Renegade. It held its own pretty well!
My 20 year old daughter bought a solar yellow one, albeit two wheel drive only and she loves it.
That shot at the end of the video of the sunset was stunning....nice work.

Thank you and that's great that your daughter loves her Renegade. As much as the Wrangler is the mainstay of Jeep, they still need to reach a broader market if they hope to remain a viable part of FCA. At least, that's how I see it.

Have to admit the little guy, with very few mods, is surprisingly good on the trail.:thumb::thumb:

Definitely surprising even to us. :D

rinkishjk
02-11-2016, 04:51 PM
It's quite impressive what renny can do! Great video! Looks like renny could use a set of sliders, and am I missing something or is there no skid plates at all underneath? That rear diff center looks mighty soft.

geberhard
02-11-2016, 04:58 PM
I got a chance to drive a diesel Renegade in Brazil in December and it kicked butt and took names! I think it is a very capable rig :)

By the way, the Renegade won the car of the year in Brazil: http://www.carscoops.com/2015/11/jeep-renegade-wins-2016-car-of-year-in.html

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-GyUM3RYeWRw/Vj0WcQCl7rI/AAAAAAAABNU/Gd3jU5h71rk/s1600/Jeep-Renegade-Brazil-1.jpg

jkrichard
02-11-2016, 05:27 PM
What's a "5 rated trail"? :idontknow:

They were referring to the EJS trail ratings, or the RR4W rating rather. I just don't see it completing some of the trails for clearance. Very impressed none the less.

Great video, and like I said, keep them coming to help our case for mods.

Basquelander
02-11-2016, 06:02 PM
Great color combination on the Renegade! It's amazing what these vehicles can do...with (as others have posted) a good driver. Hats off to your mad skills. Wish I had them :blush:

JeepDrum
02-11-2016, 06:13 PM
Man, Renny looks great! Those renegades are really growing on me. Awesome video

Josh27
02-11-2016, 07:58 PM
Love the Video! That little thing is impressive! not sure if I would buy one, but not a bad little jeep!

Strainger's Heart
02-11-2016, 08:11 PM
Great video, Eddie & Cindy. It reminded me of being nervous and scared :eek: but at the same time happy and so excited.:biggrinbounce: What a trip! Thanks!

Thanks, Stephanie for inspiring me and no thanks to Tony for teaching Tom "sssssssssss" ;)

Now that I've seen the Renegade in action, if we don't find one with the options we want in California, we'll order one...AND the first upgrade will be lifting it! :thumb:

Bluejacket
02-11-2016, 09:08 PM
Pretty cool video (as usual). When I was first looking at the Renegade online I didn't care for them very much. After seeing yours with some aggressive tires and actually being used like a real Jeep I feel like they have more potential than I had previously given credit. Excellent job.

cpospish
02-11-2016, 09:16 PM
Love the video and would love even more to have one (or two) of those WayaLife T-Shirts...!!!

maragon5
02-11-2016, 09:28 PM
It's nice to see what the Renegade can do. The renegade looks like it can benefit from some rock sliders and a steel rear bumper if and when released. Thanks for posting. Everyone looks like they had a great time which is what this is all about.

allwhitejeeps
02-11-2016, 09:34 PM
Awesome video the renegade looked great taking on those rocks. It looked like so much fun taking it out and pushing it taking on those rocks [emoji106]🏻

Stomper Herb 74
02-12-2016, 12:12 AM
The video was great and watching the Renegade was impressive but if it was stock, I'm sure it would have been stuck and you would have been using the winch. Great video though it's great watching people have fun jeepin... :-) Renagade or not. They're jeeps great vehicles... :-)

jesse3638
02-12-2016, 12:52 AM
That was awesome. I'm really impressed how the traction control kept the power where you needed it and you moving forward. I'm sure once you get some armor on Renny you'll be able to tackle some tougher obstacles. Hopefully I can see it perform in person one of these days.

Maud'Dib
02-12-2016, 01:30 AM
Terrific job by all! Can't wait to see where you go next.
I have only had my Wrangler Sport Unlimited for a few months, and still waiting to go on an adventure.

rich67
02-12-2016, 01:45 AM
I have to say, I am really impressed with the capability of that little machine. I was not sold on the looks, and I still am not totally into it, but with your prowess behind the wheel, that thing can do stuff I would have never imagined it could. Great, fun video too.

JoshuaC999
02-12-2016, 05:46 AM
Great video. Love the sunset shot at the end. Thanks for showing some love for the toaster Jeeps.

Desert Rose JK
02-12-2016, 05:51 AM
Great video Eddie and Cindy!!! Thanks for sharing the adventure! It's the accomplishment of the challenge that make the feel of fulfillment, no matter what the rig size or the challenge size, but better yet when it's a small rig and a large obstacle !!! :thumb:

MTG
02-12-2016, 06:37 AM
Finally got a chance to watch this. Great video, as always. Super jealous of being out on the trail. The video makes me want to consider getting a toaster jeep. :thumb:

TimOHthy
02-12-2016, 07:45 AM
Finally got to watch the video while at work, renegade is looking good and seems pretty capable. I didn't like them at first but I actually kinda do now lol

blackrubi14
02-12-2016, 02:05 PM
Not what I expected, although not a fan of the name, when I think of Renegade I think of an old CJ. Pretty impressive tho :thumb:

Labricon
02-12-2016, 05:24 PM
As usual, an excellent video. Cool that it incorporated a couple of other first time experiences as well as showing off Renny! :thumb::clap2:

HighwayTrout
02-12-2016, 07:16 PM
Great video!
More and more I'm liking the Renegades.

Lank
02-12-2016, 08:23 PM
Thats one brave little toaster. Not my style but surprisingly more capable than I gave it credit for

mudmobeeler
02-12-2016, 10:38 PM
Awesome video as always. Your Renny really impressed me as to what you all were able to do with it.

I will admit, I'm not a fan of them. Or rather I wasn't a fan and they are growing on me. We actually looked at one last weekend as we are thinking about trading in the wifes car on another SUV. I could go for a Renegade as long as she let me lift it and put a roof rack on it much like yours. But I bet she wont let me do all of that. LOL.

NavyJeeper
02-12-2016, 11:54 PM
i was excited to see this video and definitely after she received the lift. still don't know how i feel about the toaster but it was fun to see what she could do

atrollip
02-13-2016, 03:43 PM
Really nice to c the toaster Jeep keeping up on a trail. Love how you incorporated other first times too. I always feel privileged to watch these amazing videos. Thanx👍 for giving up so much of your time to produce these lovely videos.

Napalm
02-14-2016, 11:33 PM
Great video guys.

Love seeing Renny in action. I am a huge fan of the new renegades and i am really trying to get the wife into one! The more and more I see them, the more I love them.

Also, to add to the renegade wheeling, It's awesome to see a stock wrangler wheeling as well!

LYCCYX
02-15-2016, 12:44 AM
It's great to see a vehicle like the Renegade take on some rocks. Not many fuel-efficient vehicles could handle such terrain and still survive.

Keep up the great, informative vids!

-Brian

Stick
02-15-2016, 01:25 AM
Great Video as always, keep up the good work and inspiring the rest of us.

metalic
02-15-2016, 01:59 AM
Awesome
I imagine that's the most you have ever hung a tire in the air. Kinda makes me regret not buying a renegade after seeing your's being built and wheeled. Can't wait till you get bumpers and sliders.

AllAmericanInfidel
02-15-2016, 03:04 AM
Great video! My personal thoughts on the new Renegade are that it fills a gap for the Jeep Corporation and it fills a void in the Jeep community. In order for Jeep to continue making our beloved Wranglers and continue to make improvements on the platform, they need to be a successful car company first. The Renegade does a great job of competing in the small SUV market space.
I've had several opportunities to drive the Renegade, and I have to say that I love this little thing. It rides comfortable, has a surprising amount of space on the inside, and I think it looks great. I love all of the little 'nuggets' that you can find inside and out. I also like that, in the space it competes in, it still delivers the legendary Jeep off-road capabilities, especially in the TrailHawk edition. You can hit up to moderate trails in it comfortably, and it does a great job as a daily driver and commuter, without having to stray from Jeep.
I have heard and read several people say its not a real Jeep. Really? Ill agree its not a Wrangler, but it is every bit Jeep as my full size Cherokee and Wagoneer were back in the day. If I were in the market for a smaller daily driver or a small vehicle at all, the Renegade would no doubt be first on my list!

Slimebones
02-15-2016, 03:58 AM
Good to see Jeep adding another player in the stable. Keeping the Jeep name strong and positive in the public's eye is good for us all. Glad to see you guys expanding it's abilities. Hope others pick up on this. Nice job.

Gallamine
02-15-2016, 04:10 PM
The Renegade is still too small for my needs, but I certainly wouldn't turn down one that showed up at my door :rolleyes2:

USMC Wrangler
02-15-2016, 11:54 PM
I don't think it's possible for Eddie or Cindy to create a bad video! Like the others, well done! Looks like fun! :yup: :thumb:

wayoflife
02-16-2016, 03:08 AM

Selected completely at random, AllAmericanInfidel has just won a new WAYALIFE t-shirt! Congratulations!! :thumb:

WJCO
02-16-2016, 03:13 AM
Congrats, senor! :clap2:

CastleRockJeep
02-16-2016, 03:14 AM
Selected completely at random, AllAmericanInfidel has just won a new WAYALIFE t-shirt! Congratulations!! :thumb:

I'm sorry to say you misspelled castlerockjeep. Haha. Congrats AllAmericaInfidel!

dcbjk
02-16-2016, 03:15 AM
Congrats allamericaninfidel

AllAmericanInfidel
02-16-2016, 04:41 AM
Awesome, thanks Eddie! We all really appreciate all of the awesome opportunities you provide to us here on WAYALIFE! Great way to start off a new week!

USMC Wrangler
02-16-2016, 04:47 AM
Awesome, thanks Eddie! We all really appreciate all of the awesome opportunities you provide to us here on WAYALIFE! Great way to start off a new week!

Congrats! :clap2: :yup:

bnatt78
02-16-2016, 08:53 AM
Congratulations!

rinkishjk
02-16-2016, 09:46 AM
Congratulations!!

mudmobeeler
02-16-2016, 07:27 PM

Congrats!!!!!!

RedSyndrome
02-29-2016, 10:46 PM
Wow, how the hell did you get to go to the FCA introduction?? I personally know the senior designer of Jeep and other top officials and I never get invited to their events. As far as the magazine guys go, I think it's clear they really don't care much for the Renegade and never gave it a fair shake OR, they just suck as drivers.

Actually I was fortunate enough to work the pre-intro setting up the site. They wanted a course in the hills it could handle and we were given one to use. I then worked on the course during the event keeping an eye on the magazine staffers. It does take a little getting used to. Keeping the throttle on keeping the traction control working is definitely different than most people are used to in a truck or Jeep.
A friend of a friend got me on the staff to help.

notnalc68
03-01-2016, 02:03 AM
Your videos have my girlfriend saying her next vehicle will be a Renegade!

papasurf
03-19-2017, 05:19 AM
Thanks for sharing that video Eddie! We followed your lead and used it as the test ground today for my son to off-road his newly inherited JKU.