Noob question on alignments / driveline

Murfphy

My background:
Moved to Mexico not to long ago. Its a desert where i live. About 3hrs away from the AZ border.
Im from SF. Never really looked into jeeping till I moved here. Potholes are rampant here(it's kinda fun driving out here with a off road vehicle, anyways)

My wonderful truck info:
2008 jk
3.5 medalcloak arb lift
Moog adjustable ball joints
Adjustable LCA, UCA and front / rear trackbar
STICKSHIFT

I drove to Tucson to get a alignment done yesterday. I was reading the numbers but the reality is i do not understand them totally.
From what i read, the caster seems to be to much for my drive line.
Am i correct about this?

Even with a google search and hours of reading, i learn with my hands and i actually need to see and feel that of what im trying to learn (if that makes sense).

So will these number shorten my driveline life. If so, should I have them correct it or just get another driveline.

How it rides:
-I places 9oz bb's in the 35x12.5x17 beadlock tires.
-Tires are off balanced and shakes at 65mph
-Other than the tire shakes, seems to ride better than it did prior to.

Being my first lift, I have nothing to compare to. Just concerned about my driveline.

Thanks guys.

Attachments

• 1455290212488.jpg
    1455290212488.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 168

RMC2

Caught the Bug
I am curious how they changed your rear settings. They changed your toe in and caster on your REAR axle?

Seems fishy.

Murfphy

Rmc2 didn't see the response till now.

They adjusted my front passenger side LCA which I readjusted back to get rid of the out of spec caster.

They installed moog adjustable ball joints in her. I asked if the dynatrac ball joints I have are better they say no.

I thought dynatracs were the best in the market so I started to see smoke signals being blown out thy gluteus maximus.

They charged me a lot of money for this but because I drove in from mexico and didn't want to spend the night or two looking for another place, I paid it.

I'll never be going back there again. And I'm not sure if folks flam shops here but I'm a noob on the forum and I'm learning as I go.

So I assume that adjusting the rear is not a normal feat hmmm?

WJCO

Meme King
Rmc2 didn't see the response till now.

They adjusted my front passenger side LCA which I readjusted back to get rid of the out of spec caster.

They installed moog adjustable ball joints in her. I asked if the dynatrac ball joints I have are better they say no.

I thought dynatracs were the best in the market so I started to see smoke signals being blown out thy gluteus maximus.

They charged me a lot of money for this but because I drove in from mexico and didn't want to spend the night or two looking for another place, I paid it.

I'll never be going back there again. And I'm not sure if folks flam shops here but I'm a noob on the forum and I'm learning as I go.

Dang, just did a little searching and that is fishy......

There are no adjustments on the rear.

Ginlow

I agree with others on here, somethings fishy! Sounds like they got you on the ball joints as well....

I just put new ball joints in my Dodge and it was a toss up between Dynatrac ball joints, and Carli extreme duty ball joints. They are both of great quality and I ended up going with the Carli, but second choice would of been Dynatrac for sure.

Last edited:

Dynatrac ball joints are rebuildable (IMO the best too). They took you!!!!!!

Top Bottom