Yukon 4340 Chromoly Axle help

Fireball

Hey everyone, first post here. I am having a hard time understanding if an acceptable route to run 37's on a dana 30 is by installing the Yukon 4340 chromoly axle kit.

1) I want to go the next step above installing C-Gussets, however is the Yukon 4340 a strong enough option or should I just run dana 44's in the front?

I would hate to throw money into the dana 30, and not be satisfied. (My off road use is minimal however I would like to keep up with the crew if I wanted too)

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
Don't waste your money on axle shafts. Your axle (d30 or 44) weak spot is the tubes by the pumpkin. Just add c gussets and save your money for an aftermarket axle

rogerk93

I just got my 37's and not mounting it for a few weeks and was wondering on upgrading my axles too. But almost everyone says don't waste your money and just gusset the c's and save for an upgrade. There are many people on this form with more experience than me so I'm taking their advise. Sorry can't help much but I just think you should listen to others words of wisdom.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
I run 37s on stock axle shafts front and rear, with only c-gussets up front. Same as I did on my last jeep with no issues. I went yukon rear shafts and bent them within 500 miles. Just my :twocents:

Top Bottom