Tire climbing question

Jersey_Devil

OK so I've been dieing to climb someone's tire but I've never done it before...I want to climb my buddies jeep tire this weekend but I didn't ask cuz I don't know if his jeep is climbable and then of course I'd let him climb mine too but I need advice first..... I know the obvious that I need to deflate my tires some and the other jeep has to have a wide tire.... But what else do I need to know? Can his jeep climb mine? Can I climb his?

ForumRunner_20121224_215731.jpg

His is a 2012 2door Sahara with 2.5" Skyjacker sport lift and 3/4" Daystar coil spacers, 1 1/2" wheel spacers pretty sure he's running a 285 tire, I got a 2010 JKU Rubicon with a 4" Skyjacker lift and 315/70R17 Goodyear Duratrac tires..... Thanks in advance for any help.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It'll be hard with full width fenders like you guys have. If you do this, have the tire to be ramped turned a bit. Make sure to disconnect and lock up. Have someone spot you.

Jersey_Devil

So turn the wheel of the jeep to be mounted, deflate tires (about how much?), disconnect, and lock the diffs? And have a spotter. He don't have lockers.... Does that mean he cant do it?

Jersey_Devil

O one other thing.... Do I climb up from the rear of the tire or the front of the tire?

Ex: jeep being mounted has wheels turned hard to the right (passenger side) Which side do i mount on? Driver or passenger? Front or rear of the tire?

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
When I had my old ranger a buddy climbed my tires. I have a pic I just have to dig deep into the files for it.

Found them. Nobody aired down either.

038.jpg

040_zps75c7ab81.jpg

Last edited:

Tackerdown

Banned
O one other thing.... Do I climb up from the rear of the tire or the front of the tire?

Ex: jeep being mounted has wheels turned hard to the right (passenger side) Which side do i mount on? Driver or passenger? Front or rear of the tire?
I think that all depends on whether you like missionary or doggy better.

JK1

Found them. Nobody aired down either.

040_zps75c7ab81.jpg

dem dar some big nutz:D..................................................................................................................^

jksmith93

not disconnected, not locked. couldn't quite get all the way up though... :(

Attachments

• IMG_2154.jpg
    IMG_2154.jpg
    119.6 KB · Views: 428
  • IMG_2155.jpg
    IMG_2155.jpg
    115.4 KB · Views: 430
Last edited:
Top Bottom