'11 2-door Long Arm Upgrade and Evo Rock Rails

BBrown626

I have an '11 2-door with the rock rails welded on.
I was looking at upgrading to Evo Double-D long arms, but it looks like the rock rail would have to be modified as the rear mount for the rock rail is right where the lower control arm mounts. Is there another option?
What have others done in this situation?

mount.JPG

Attachments

• mount.JPG
    mount.JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 159

Ctimrun

I am curious about this as well, but I'm prob a few weeks to a couple months out on mods since I just got my new JK, have to let my bank account recover a bit. Have you tried calling Off Road Evolution?

BBrown626

I am curious about this as well, but I'm prob a few weeks to a couple months out on mods since I just got my new JK, have to let my bank account recover a bit. Have you tried calling Off Road Evolution?

I'll probably just bring it to them and turn them loose. Maybe have them put some more stuff on there too!

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I have always wondered how it would work cause at some point I would want to do the Evo long arms. As you mentioned you would prob have to ask Evo mfg to send you some sliders without the last leg welded on so you could mount it yourself.

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
The last leg is in the way, you can order them without that leg welded on for this exact reason. I'm sure if you take it to them they can cut that one off and modify what you have in place.

Reaper

do they have one with the last leg moved up to continue to provide the three frame connections or is it not needed?

Reaper

ok and you were saying they have an option with the already done? caue if so i need to order those and not the ones im thinking about ordering today since im going with the long arm kit

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
ok and you were saying they have an option with the already done? caue if so i need to order those and not the ones im thinking about ordering today since im going with the long arm kit

No, the last leg comes loose. Your welder will have to weld it in place and on the slider.

Top Bottom