Installing King Bump stops.

When installing your bump stops was a spanner wrench included or how did you tighten the nuts?
They are hand tight only at this point and I'm stalled out on going further till I get a spanner or figure out how to tighten these up.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455410179.696624.jpg .

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455410198.702789.jpg .

JKRicky

I just used a flat head screw driver and hammer to tighten mine with no issues. Doesn't take much to get them tight. Don't forget to tighten the little screw on the spanner nuts to keep them from moving.

I just used a flat head screw driver and hammer to tighten mine with no issues. Doesn't take much to get them tight. Don't forget to tighten the little screw on the spanner nuts to keep them from moving.

That's what I'm going to do if I can't find a proper wrench for it.
Thanks.

kbp810

Caught the Bug
Nice investment! Loved these on my previous jku; nice to not rattle the teeth out of your jaw every time you come down off a rock or mound. Which reminds me that I need to get a set of these ordered up for the new one.

When I did mine I also could not find a spanner wrench to use locally; as JKRicky said, just a flathead and a few taps of a hammer does the trick. I also put some electrical tape over the tip to help keep from marring/gouging up the nut... which in hindsight was kind of a silly concern considering all the trail tattoos that jeep had, lol.

Evil

Just a flat head screwdriver and a rubber mallet. Dont hammer the shit out of it. Nice and snug, then remove the little set screws on the collars and put a tiny dab of blue lock tite on them and snug those down. I just put mine in last night but they are not set up for my tires as I don't have my tires yet. IMG_2359.jpg

After going to a few shops and not able to find anything. Out of desperation I went to Harbor Freight. No luck on any spanners either.

However this cheapie HF rubber strap wrench will do the trick. Won't have to worry about gouging now.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455421336.659616.jpg .

Evil

if you hit it flat with a screwdriver dead on the ledge, it will not mar it or scratch the anodizing.

Top Bottom