How do you disengage the elettrical control?

Guascone

When I make off road I prefer to have totally under control on my jeep.
I would like to block the abs, ebd and so on...
How can I do that?

Thanks!

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Hi Guascone,

Once in 4xlo you can keep the ESP switch down for 7+ seconds, you get a chime, and it disables ESP, etc etc all you keep is BLD.

Otherwise you can disable it with the steering wheel hocus pocus.....:rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

Or you can cut the purple and blue wire in the console armrest and put in a switch, then you can disable the whole thing. 5you can re-enable when hitting pavement (remember to turn you ignition off and on to reset)...look for the mod on the web in the usual places.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Otherwise you can disable it with the steering wheel hocus pocus.....:rolleyes2::rolleyes2:

Or you can cut the purple and blue wire in the console armrest and put in a switch, then you can disable the whole thing. 5you can re-enable when hitting pavement (remember to turn you ignition off and on to reset)...look for the mod on the web in the usual places.

Neither of these options are viable as the OP owns a 2015. Atleast as far as my understanding. I was planning on the kill switch mod myself, but I have yet to find an equivalent solution for the 2015.

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
Neither of these options are viable as the OP owns a 2015. Atleast as far as my understanding. I was planning on the kill switch mod myself, but I have yet to find an equivalent solution for the 2015.

as far as europe is concerned the kill switch mod is still good.

PS: the wire is still the same on 2011+ models here.

Last edited by a moderator:

Alon

Cutting the purple wire worked for me in my 2015.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Cutting the purple wire worked for me in my 2015.

Welcome to WAL!

I was under the impression that this mod no longer worked for the newer jeeps. Did you cut the wire or install a switch? Some photos would be much appreciated. Thanks

Jay1st

as far as europe is concerned the kill switch mod is still good.
DELETED

PS: the wire is still the same on 2011+ models here.

Ahahh that's my Rubicon with the kill switch...........and I think some of our guys did the mod on a 2011+

Last edited:

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Hey French dude - If you have something to add to the forum, then please be respectful of this forum's owners and just add the information. Posting a link to other forums is bad form and against the rules. Thanks.

Top Bottom