Long arms compatible with evo protek skids.

CCJKUR

So I have the evo protek skids and I want a long arms kit and wanted to do the evo long arms kit but I read that there not compatible with each other. I thought I read it on her but can't remember.

So does any one run a protek skids system and have a long arms kit that bolts on?

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Think you have to do some cutting on the transmission crossmember skid, the one farthest back of the three skids.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
You'll have no problem with the two skids that really matter, the engine oil pan and auto transmission skid plates. The exhaust crossover/transmission crossmember skid plate will interfere with alot of long arm kits out there. It can probably be cut and trimmed to work, but it really isn't necessary since it only covers the exhaust crossover and crossmember. You can instead buy a stronger crossmember like the one from Evo Mfg and don't worry about the exhaust crossover.

CCJKUR

You'll have no problem with the two skids that really matter, the engine oil pan and auto transmission skid plates. The exhaust crossover/transmission crossmember skid plate will interfere with alot of long arm kits out there. It can probably be cut and trimmed to work, but it really isn't necessary since it only covers the exhaust crossover and crossmember. You can instead buy a stronger crossmember like the one from Evo Mfg and don't worry about the exhaust crossover.

OK I might go that route or just get the evo cross member and go with out the long arms kit

CCJKUR

Does the protek skids and the evo hd cross member work together? I figure while I'm under there is may as well do the cross member.

JAGS

Hooked
Ttfhell has this set up. I believe some modification in necessary to make them play nice together. Maybe he can post up.

JeepFan

Hooked
Does the protek skids and the evo hd cross member work together? I figure while I'm under there is may as well do the cross member.

Yes, the EVO protek Oil pan and Trans pan skid will work with the heavy duty cross member. With this combo you really don't need the cross member and exhaust skid.

On the other hand if you decide not to do long arms and the heavy duty cross member, go with the cross member and exhaust skid for added protection.

CCJKUR

Yeah i think since i have the exhaust skid ill get the cross member and stick with a standard lift kit Evo of course enforcer kit more than likely

So I'm in a similar boat, have the Evo protec skids unfortunately I didn't buy the one for long arms. What I'm thinking is removing the exhaust crossover one and just going with artec HD crossmember. Im trying to move my build from a mid arm to a long arm and start going down ONETon route. Anyone see any madness to this? I havent see many builds on Internet using the HD for upper CAs.

J

JKDream

So I'm in a similar boat, have the Evo protec skids unfortunately I didn't buy the one for long arms. What I'm thinking is removing the exhaust crossover one and just going with artec HD crossmember. Im trying to move my build from a mid arm to a long arm and start going down ONETon route. Anyone see any madness to this? I havent see many builds on Internet using the HD for upper CAs.
Couldn't you just remove the exhaust protec skid and run the EVO long arms? That skid isn't nearly as useful as the engine/trans one anyway.

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3000 using WAYALIFE mobile app

Yeah could, so I'm on a rock krawler lift now, Evo long arm is what I would do if I was buying another kit. What I have been contemplating tho is using that HD crossmember with mounts already installed and go 3 link custom onto which ever axles I decide to do. Really just want to build own CAs and run those. Plus I wanna run Barnes enduro joints if possible. Trying to get more hands on, on the lift otherwise I might just buy a kit again, aka EVO long arm. So what's kinda why I pinged this thread just based on me having the proteck skids now and trying to hopefully spare some money on more skids, but we all know I'll prob go artec full skids lol.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

H8ROADS

Caught the Bug

I was in the same situation - just buy the one new exhaust skid. it's not expensive and the only one you have to change out. Took 10 minutes and problem solved.

We-B-Jeep-N

We just removed our crossover skid. It was not compatible with my new setup. I added the ARTEC HD Crossmember with long arm pockets. I now have custom made 35” end to end lower long arms. We removed the drivers side upper link pocket from the frame. Cut the exhaust loop and twisted it 1/2”. This allows the drivers long arm to clear the loop. We then removed the upper passenger link pocket as well on the frame and built a custom bracket that welded above the crossmember on the inside of the frame tight to the tub. This allowed us to build an upper link and keep it at 35” length as well. I now have a full custom 3 link. Much better flex and it softened the ride a touch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Top Bottom