Rubicon Transfer Case Swap (2014 JKU w/ Manual trans)

utepgrad

Hey guys,

I read the tread about the bolting up of the rubi xfer case swap for an automatic trans, would the rules still apply if i am swapping out a rubi xfer case for a manual trans?

Do i need to change out the drive shaft? Other than changing out fluid, do i need anything else.

Correct me if im wrong, but i can pull any rubi manual trans transfer case from year models 2012 - Present?

thanks guys

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
Same applies and you dont need a new driveshaft or anything else. But for a manual you need any rubi case from an 07-11 or a 12+ manual. The 12+ autos have a different input spline that won't fit your manual.

mastrcruse

I changed mine to a Rubi case. It's not a bad swap but I made it harder than it should have been. It went really fast after I stopped fighting with the cross member and just removed the tranny Mount and cross member. No need for a new driveshaft.

One thing I can't get a clear answer on is the need for changing the ratio to the computer. I have a flashpa which changed the t case ratio and I have had no shifting issues. I'm not sure if it's needed because I've heard others say it's not.

While you're in there, I'd recommend doing the RSE t case bracket...much easier to do outside of the jeep.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
I changed mine to a Rubi case. It's not a bad swap but I made it harder than it should have been. It went really fast after I stopped fighting with the cross member and just removed the tranny Mount and cross member. No need for a new driveshaft.

One thing I can't get a clear answer on is the need for changing the ratio to the computer. I have a flashpa which changed the t case ratio and I have had no shifting issues. I'm not sure if it's needed because I've heard others say it's not.

While you're in there, I'd recommend doing the RSE t case bracket...much easier to do outside of the jeep.

On 12+ autos you need to reprogram the ratio or it will go into limp mode. Not necessary on a manual.

utepgrad

to confirm

the tcase for 07-11 will work auto or manual?

i haven't found any out of a rubicon yet in my area. i may look at the teraflex kit, but it cost damn near what a tcase costs...

Same applies and you dont need a new driveshaft or anything else. But for a manual you need any rubi case from an 07-11 or a 12+ manual. The 12+ autos have a different input spline that won't fit your manual.

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
the tcase for 07-11 will work auto or manual?

i haven't found any out of a rubicon yet in my area. i may look at the teraflex kit, but it cost damn near what a tcase costs...

Yes the 07-11 auto and manuals as well as the 12+ manuals are all the same. The 12+ autos are the unique ones, they have a 26 spline input to match the a580 auto trans. The others all have a 23 spline input.

utepgrad

one last question

Hey,

One last question and will stop whipping your @$$. I found a transfer case on ebay for $1,000 from an 11 rubicon. My questions is, will it bolt straight on, or will i have to do some modifications. I haven't swapped out a transfercase before and my mechanical knowledge is pretty limited. The best if done was install my big brake kit....

I need to figure out if i can bolt it on in the my garage or if i need to take it to a trans shop for a little more work to make it work. i do have a tuner that will allow me to change the ration from 2.72 to 4.

thanks again. I know we all blow money on our rigs, but i would hat to spend a grand on a transfer case that i will not be able to use.

have a good day mr. gecko

Yes the 07-11 auto and manuals as well as the 12+ manuals are all the same. The 12+ autos are the unique ones, they have a 26 spline input to match the a580 auto trans. The others all have a 23 spline input.

Top Bottom