Evo tire carrier question

Jersey_Devil

So I love evo tire carrier, but my question is, why don't anyone I see with that evo carrier has NO rear bumper? Does a bumper simply not fit with it? Or is it a style thing? Can I get that carrier and keep my bumper?

ForumRunner_20121225_095649.jpg

ForumRunner_20121225_095547.jpg

ForumRunner_20121225_095621.jpg

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
It is possible, its just a choice people make. There are pictures somewhere let me look for them.

RearBumper-TireCarrier.jpg

532619_409113299098724_1139860700_n.jpg

main.php

12877_10151239122708680_157327715_n.jpg

Last edited:

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
What OverlanderJK said. A lot of folks run a bumper with the EVO tire carrier. If anything, just a few of us don't. My whole reason to have a bumper was to have a swing away tire carrier but, now that I don't need it, I didn't really see a need for a bumper. :crazyeyes:

biggy

I have an evo carrier on order. Im going to go with no bumper for a couple reasons. One is I think it looks better, and two the carrier and skins weigh in at about 160 lb. Add my wheel combo which is 130lb, and you have almost 300 lb hanging off the back of the jk. Im sure a solid quality bumper has to weigh close to a hundred pounds I would think, so now you would be looking at close to four hundred pounds. Thats a lot of weight :yup:

Jersey_Devil

It is possible, its just a choice people make. There are pictures somewhere let me look for them.

What OverlanderJK said. A lot of folks run a bumper with the EVO tire carrier. If anything, just a few of us don't. My whole reason to have a bumper was to have a swing away tire carrier but, now that I don't need it, I didn't really see a need for a bumper. :crazyeyes:

The blue one has the same rear bumper as me so I know it'll look good, but now that u mention it Eddie, it does make more sense to just get rid of it as its a just a clearance issue if it don't have a carrier.... Looks like my buddy PlmKrzy on jkf will be getting my entire rear setup when I get the Evo one then...

Thanks guys and Happy Holidays!

Psr76

Evo tire carrier with 35s

Anybody running the evo tire carrier with 35s, wondering if they look small to small in the carrier. Might be time to go to 37s :brows:

MTG

Caught the Bug
I have an evo carrier on order. Im going to go with no bumper for a couple reasons. One is I think it looks better, and two the carrier and skins weigh in at about 160 lb. Add my wheel combo which is 130lb, and you have almost 300 lb hanging off the back of the jk. Im sure a solid quality bumper has to weigh close to a hundred pounds I would think, so now you would be looking at close to four hundred pounds. Thats a lot of weight :yup:

:thumb::yup:

StrizzyChris

Anybody running the evo tire carrier with 35s, wondering if they look small to small in the carrier. Might be time to go to 37s :brows:

Buddyhydro had his with 35's and it looked ok. It clearly didn't look nearly as awesome or fit the carrier as well as a 37-40 does. The only problem(cosmetically IMHO) is the carrier is so damn beefy and rugged that it dwarfs smaller tires!

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

Bullwinckle

Hooked
It clearly didn't look nearly as awesome or fit the carrier as well as a 37-40 does. The only problem(cosmetically IMHO) is the carrier is so damn beefy and rugged that it dwarfs smaller tires!

Sent from a migrant connectivity device

More of a reason to go bigger. :yup: :thumb: :brows:

NOPULP13

The blue one has the same rear bumper as me so I know it'll look good, but now that u mention it Eddie, it does make more sense to just get rid of it as its a just a clearance issue if it don't have a carrier.... Looks like my buddy PlmKrzy on jkf will be getting my entire rear setup when I get the Evo one then...

Thanks guys and Happy Holidays!

keep me in mind! im in jersey too i may be interested in your rear bumper!:rock:

jelliott076

Yeah. this is on the list of add-ons for this year. Tire Carrier, Sport cage, PSC Ram Assist Steering. I'm digging deep into the savings and working as much Saturday overtime as the boss will let me!

I do have a question for Eddie and anyone elso who is running the EVO Tire carriers: Where do you store the extra Jerry Fuel and water cans??

Hatewagon

Yeah. this is on the list of add-ons for this year. Tire Carrier, Sport cage, PSC Ram Assist Steering. I'm digging deep into the savings and working as much Saturday overtime as the boss will let me!

I do have a question for Eddie and anyone elso who is running the EVO Tire carriers: Where do you store the extra Jerry Fuel and water cans??

I have a EVO carrier on order as well, replacing my ORFAB carrier. Its been my experience that you dont really need extra fuel cans on board for most of the wheeling most people do. That said, I have two rotopax can on hand for over a year and only needed extra fuel a few times. Twice for someone elses Jeep. Therefore, I will be mounting a basket inside the Jeep and strapping one spare fuel and water rotopax inside. Alot of the trails I run are miles away from anything and when we make a long weekend of wheeling, we go nowhere near a gas station.

jelliott076

I have a EVO carrier on order as well, replacing my ORFAB carrier. Its been my experience that you dont really need extra fuel cans on board for most of the wheeling most people do. That said, I have two rotopax can on hand for over a year and only needed extra fuel a few times. Twice for someone elses Jeep. Therefore, I will be mounting a basket inside the Jeep and strapping one spare fuel and water rotopax inside. Alot of the trails I run are miles away from anything and when we make a long weekend of wheeling, we go nowhere near a gas station.

Yeah, the two 5gallon jerry cans are an extra 80lbs of dead weight, but I alway try to plan for the unexpected and tend to have the worst luck in the business. I can alway strap them inside as you said, that's what I was doing before I had my current rack fab'd up.

Top Bottom