Battery corrosion help

Gadget

Caught the Bug
Not jeep related but need help. I have a Mag light flashlight that uses D cells, one of them went bad and oozed inside. Because of the corrosion I can't get it out of the housing, so is there a way to dissolve the corrosion without damaging the flashlight so I can get it out and put new batteries in?

It'll come out. Unscrew the top and remove it as to not break the glass and bulb.

Now start banging the shit out of it. Take a punch and hammer and tap the battery to get it to crack free.

WJCO

Meme King
Not jeep related but need help. I have a Mag light flashlight that uses D cells, one of them went bad and oozed inside. Because of the corrosion I can't get it out of the housing, so is there a way to dissolve the corrosion without damaging the flashlight so I can get it out and put new batteries in?

As long as power source is removed from the device, you can do a lot with it. Don't do anything with liquid until you get the battery out. I would then put some baking soda and water in there enough to make a little paste to eat the corrosion. The most important thing is to make sure it is 100% dry when you put new batteries in. I would try to use some kind of thin plastic like a ziptie to try to poke the corrosion away until the old battery comes out.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
It'll come out. Unscrew the top and remove it as to not break the glass and bulb.

Now start banging the shit out of it. Take a punch and hammer and tap the battery to get it to crack free.

This^^^ also some battery corrosion spray will help get whatever else is left out.

Peak

After your done a packet of battery protectant from your local auto parts store should prevent this from happening again. Should be less than $2

brizon85

I have a nice led flashlight that the two double a's leaked. took the whole thing apart and soaked it in baking soda and water. That did the trick, as mentioned before let it dry real good. ;)

Top Bottom