Heater not as cold

Ismel7981

Need help, I have searched this topic on this site and others and get pretty much the same results. I purchased a used 2010 jk Mountain edition. Long story short I went to use the heater and noticed that it was blowing hot air from the passenger vents and cooler air from the driver side vents. Did the research and heard the usual horror stories about the casting sand and heater core needing to be replaced. I tried to hope for the best (out of warranty) and did a heater flush. That helped a lot, but after a week or two the vents on the passenger side were not blowing as warm. I tried burping the system thinking it may be that but i didn't find air in the system. Could it be a bad thermostat? Any ideas would be great. The Jeep does take a while to warm up when it is cold that is why I think it may be the t-stat.

jeeeep

Hooked
Need help, I have searched this topic on this site and others and get pretty much the same results. I purchased a used 2010 jk Mountain edition. Long story short I went to use the heater and noticed that it was blowing hot air from the passenger vents and cooler air from the driver side vents. Did the research and heard the usual horror stories about the casting sand and heater core needing to be replaced. I tried to hope for the best (out of warranty) and did a heater flush. That helped a lot, but after a week or two the vents on the passenger side were not blowing as warm. I tried burping the system thinking it may be that but i didn't find air in the system. Could it be a bad thermostat? Any ideas would be great. The Jeep does take a while to warm up when it is cold that is why I think it may be the t-stat.

Let the engine warm up and check the top radiator hose, if it's hot it means the thermostat is likely stuck open and should be replaced.

Top Bottom