arb winch bar

Brand new and fixed fit location.

So shitty when you wait over two months and when the bumper finaly arives there seems to be some kind of manufacture defect.

I googled myself to at pictures on the web and none look like this but sometimes flat picture can decive your eye so just wondered if anybody have this bumper in first person.

To me it looks to short on the short sides. Also the angle look a bit werd.

Ausjeep113

I've got one and before I got my flat flares it had about half an inch clearance between the factory fenders. Looks like it was cut wrong.

I've got one and before I got my flat flares it had about half an inch clearance between the factory fenders. Looks like it was cut wrong.

Does they really differ so much?

Or is it the jeeps that differ so much?

I have send the pictures to arb and are waiting for a response. Maybee the tolerance are not better than this but than again, on the pictures when I google this bumper it sure looks better all the time. I did notice that the gap between the fenders and the bar differ on some pictures but not on the side. Maybee I´m to picky but when you are showel upp a lot of bucks for stuff I do like more or less perfect fittings.

If it was a cheap chineese production I would not have had any opinions but ARB products are supposed to be quality products.

Except this odd thing the bumper is ver very nice. Perfect weldings, perfect paintwork and a lot of thoughts build into it.

frenchjk

Caught the Bug
maybe there is a bit of slack built in to adjust it so you try and rotate it a bit, a few degrees might be just enough.

edit: just checked the install manual on the web site: the pict in the end shows a pretty tight fit.....

Last edited:

hinrichs

Caught the Bug
Just googled it, and it does seem like its short for sure on the ends. All the other pics it seems like it lines up perfectly with the edge of the flare. It is really suprising that it doesnt fit for being ARB. I was thinking maybe the frame for a euro market JK is a tad longer since your bumpers are very different, but that doesnt make much sense to me.

Are the ends of your frame horns a flat plate?

Just googled it, and it does seem like its short for sure on the ends. All the other pics it seems like it lines up perfectly with the edge of the flare. It is really suprising that it doesnt fit for being ARB. I was thinking maybe the frame for a euro market JK is a tad longer since your bumpers are very different, but that doesnt make much sense to me.

Are the ends of your frame horns a flat plate?

They are flat plates witg a big hole in the middle so you can look into the frame. Nothing is changed or altered in any way on the frame. Thing is, it is possible to make the 4 bolt holes in the plates a litle bit bigger so tge bumper can be located a little bit more down ( talking about a few milimeters ) but it is impossible to have the bumper more towards the front. The gap between the bumper and front is nice, as a matter of fact everything else is super, but not the corners. My stock bumper did fit perfect and as you say the also line upp with the fenders ( export jk ).

ARB is manufactured in Australia and they have the same bumpers as the jk sold in sweden and also no crashcans. So the frame should be the same on them all and for sure the same on the ones sold to europe and Australia.

I´ve contacted ARB and are waiting for their response. I will let you know what they say.

Ausjeep113

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455744880.380663.jpg

This is how mine used to look with the old flares.
Yours seems a bit off the mark.

If it could rotate down a bit it would be spot on.

WJCO

Meme King
They are flat plates witg a big hole in the middle so you can look into the frame. Nothing is changed or altered in any way on the frame. Thing is, it is possible to make the 4 bolt holes in the plates a litle bit bigger so tge bumper can be located a little bit more down ( talking about a few milimeters ) but it is impossible to have the bumper more towards the front. The gap between the bumper and front is nice, as a matter of fact everything else is super, but not the corners. My stock bumper did fit perfect and as you say the also line upp with the fenders ( export jk ).

ARB is manufactured in Australia and they have the same bumpers as the jk sold in sweden and also no crashcans. So the frame should be the same on them all and for sure the same on the ones sold to europe and Australia.

I´ve contacted ARB and are waiting for their response. I will let you know what they say.

I assume you've never been in a wreck with the Jeep? And there's no stress cracks in the paint on the new bumper to indicate that it was in an accident?

I assume you've never been in a wreck with the Jeep? And there's no stress cracks in the paint on the new bumper to indicate that it was in an accident?

Never had any kind of accidents with my jeep. No stress cracks on the arb bumper. The arb bumper is only 4 days old and I took the picture the day after I put on the arb bumper. You can still se the package in the background that the bumper arrived in. Thing is that no off roading have been done after the install and I can unwilling admit that my jeep have not seen any hard off roading yet. only bad dirtroads and some military practice area which means mostly some mud.

View attachment 188502

To rotate it I must put some washers between the frame and the bumpers lower holes and I really do not think that that is a god idea since the mounting plates on the bumper and frame will no longer sit tight together, there will be a gap. I also think that all the other correct angle will start to be incorrect. But I agree, the corners would start to at least look better if the bumper is rotated slightly downwards.

WJCO

Meme King
Looking at the pics again, your frame rail and the top of the bumper (where it meets the fender) are not parallel. I'm guessing the bumper was built improperly. Hopefully ARB will have some good info for you when they get back to you.

WJCO

Meme King
View attachment 188502

Sorry to hijak thread, but Ausjeep113, did you paint those rims? I have the same rims and am thinking about doing the same thing by leaving the center caps silver. I've seen a couple different ways to paint the rims but not sure how I want to do it yet.

Ausjeep113

Sorry to hijak thread, but Ausjeep113, did you paint those rims? I have the same rims and am thinking about doing the same thing by leaving the center caps silver. I've seen a couple different ways to paint the rims but not sure how I want to do it yet.

They were just plasti dipped mate. 4-5 good coats and they held up good for the 6 months I had it like that. Came up like new after wheeling through mud and shit.

Hi all

Giving some updates.

I have had a lot of e-mail correspondance with ARB and to this date they are not very helpfull. I think it is over 16 e-mails now between them and me.

First they sad I had to adjust my fenders. Now they want me to elongate my mountingholes on the frame plates.

However, the discussion have been very long and the outcome is always that there is something wrong with my jeep. I´ve told them that my stock bumper did fit perfect as my fender flares also. Actually everything sits perfect on my jeep except my bull bar.

I´ve shown them a lot of pictures of different angles.

Now I have requested measurements of the bar and also all neccesary measurements of the jeep. Then we can end the discussion that my jeep is fucked up.

I´m still waiting for response of that.

The clearnce between the fender flares and the outer wing section of the bar should be at least 10 mm due to the flex of the body when you do some wheeling. If I´m going to elongater the mounting holes so much on the frame plates there will barely be any holes left, more like a open slot regarding the lower holes. The paint have already been worn of of the bar because of rubbing against the fenders.

I still like the bar very much but I do not like how ARB is taking care of this.

I also think it is not only the clearance that is wrong but also it seems to me that the bar is somehow tilted.

Best Regards

Top Bottom