2012 JK Unit Bearing - which one?

jk12blk

My UBs are shot. I cannot find any Timken inventory, so thinking I will buy the Mopar UBs. I'm not sure which part number is correct as Quadratec and other auto sites show 52060398AD as the correct mopar UB for 2012 yet a local jeep dealer near me says the part number is 52060398AE. Anyone know which is correct for 2012 JK? Or, if you can recommend another brand (Moog, Centric, Crown, etc) which may work equally well, that works too.

thanks!

13_gecko_rubi

Caught the Bug
AE would be the newer one that superceded AD. Either would work. Have heard best reviews of timken but I've never had an issue with the mopar ones. I swapped then when I installed my pr44 just to be safe abd have two spares now.

jeeeep

Hooked
My UBs are shot. I cannot find any Timken inventory, so thinking I will buy the Mopar UBs. I'm not sure which part number is correct as Quadratec and other auto sites show 52060398AD as the correct mopar UB for 2012 yet a local jeep dealer near me says the part number is 52060398AE. Anyone know which is correct for 2012 JK? Or, if you can recommend another brand (Moog, Centric, Crown, etc) which may work equally well, that works too.

thanks!

52060398AE is correct:

http://www.stevewhiteparts.com/jeep.../front-brakes-scat/?part_name=hub-and-bearing

I used O'reilly Auto Precision Hubs, they have a 3yrs warranty. I had one fail and it got replaced free but I did have to work on the replacement showing it wasn't normal wear and tear and knowing the manager didn't hurt.

They've held up well with 37's, I installed them Jan 2014 and have at least 40k+ miles on them.

just looked them up on O'reilly for your 2012 and they are a lot more than Mopar and more than I paid for my 2010 hubs :icon_crazy:

JoeB-JKURX

From what I understand, the only difference between the AD and the AE is the length of the wheel speed sensor cable. In fact (also as I understand), Timken (perhaps others) lengthened the cable on the AD to be the same as the AE (and most outfits sell the AD at a significant discount to the AE). Either should work on JKs through 15 at least though you may have to re-route the cable. Also, you can purchase a longer speed sensor cable separate from the Unit Bearing if you can't get the one that is supplied to fit.

toxicwaste29

What I always do is use rockauto to find the part number for the manufacturer I want. Then I search around for the best pricing.

jk12blk

Yup, what he said ^^^

I run Timken and found them on Amazon for cheap.
http://www.amazon.com/Timken-HA5902...automotive&vehicleId=2&vehicleType=automotive
I chose this option - $122 for qty 2 UBs to my door after applying some AMEX credit. Nice!

Do I also need to replace the speed sensor cable? Seems some wheel hub kits comes with a new speed sensor cable as if the old cable needs to be replaced. I'm not receiving any error codes, so hoping I can re-use the existing cable.

thanks again!

JoeB-JKURX

The old sensor can be reused (if the new UB doesn't come with one - which is unusual). They are pretty easy to damage when you are removing them from the old UB. As I said in an earlier post, you can purchase them (the sensor with cable) separately if you break the old one or if the cable for the new one is too short (though in most instances, any of the provided cables can be made to work with a bit of rerouting).

Hammmerhead

Anyone have the part number for a 2015 JK UB with the Timken bearing? It says something has changed from the 2012 version and I cant seem to get a clear answer or part number for 2015. I found the Omix version from Quadra, but doesn't say it comes with Timken brand bearings

Hammmerhead

I just got 2 timkin's from amazon for about 89.00 each.

I couldn't find them on amazon in this part number. HA590482 I Read where some were warning that some showing Timken, but were actually Korean built. I guess its a crap shoot anymore

Top Bottom