Any Skiiers/Snowboarders on WAYALIFE?

Well i'm bored so I figured i'd start a thread!

I, myself, am a skiier. I love being on the mountain. I lived in Utah for 15 years but I recently moved to Florida so I guess i'll only ski on vacations. Oh well, I have beaches now LOL! I love talking about skiing though. I lived in Park City, UT. I held season passes at Deer Valley and PCMR (Park City Mountain Resort). Any other skiiers on Wayalife? Where do you ski and whats your favorite terrain?

FishsJK

Just got back from a ski trip in northern Michigan for a week condo on the resort with the girlfriend it was perfect! Headed in Larch to Colorado for some skiing. One thing about the hobby is there really isn't an easy way to carry ski's in a 2 Dr JK going to add a roof rack before next season.

WJCO

Meme King
I used to ski and snowboard, but the traffic and lift lines are so bad around here, I gave it up. I prefer back-country hiking and mountaineering instead now.

rinkishjk

I used to ski and snowboard, but the traffic and lift lines are so bad around here, I gave it up. I prefer back-country hiking and mountaineering instead now.

I totally agree with the lines. Most resorts around here are mobbed on the weekends. I truly hate it, ruins the day for me. I grew up skiing. My mom used to take me, sit in the lodge reading or whatever while I rode. I skied for at least 10 years, then I got into riding and I have been snowboarding since. I really want to get a ski setup and give it a go again.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I ski. Got a nice set of 168 vokle ac30's. Great downhill ski. Been to Bretton woods in NH, Breckinridge CO, and a few different mountains in the poconos. I haven't been this year but I will next winter for sure

I ski. Got a nice set of 168 vokle ac30's. Great downhill ski. Been to Bretton woods in NH, Breckinridge CO, and a few different mountains in the poconos. I haven't been this year but I will next winter for sure

Oh Breckenridge and Jackson Hole are on my bucket list!

Just got back from a ski trip in northern Michigan for a week condo on the resort with the girlfriend it was perfect! Headed in Larch to Colorado for some skiing. One thing about the hobby is there really isn't an easy way to carry ski's in a 2 Dr JK going to add a roof rack before next season.

I daily drove my JK during the last winter I was there, completely stock. Its a 2012 JKU with the back seats down my skis fit perfectly!!!

I totally agree with the lines. Most resorts around here are mobbed on the weekends. I truly hate it, ruins the day for me. I grew up skiing. My mom used to take me, sit in the lodge reading or whatever while I rode. I skied for at least 10 years, then I got into riding and I have been snowboarding since. I really want to get a ski setup and give it a go again.

Yeah places in Utah are packed these days. Snowbird is the worst on weekends you'll wait 25-45 min at any given chair!

WJCO

Meme King

Yeah places in Utah are packed these days. Snowbird is the worst on weekends you'll wait 25-45 min at any given chair!

It's hard on me to spend the money on gear, lift pass, and then only have limited time away from work/family...only to spend it waiting in line or in traffic....I lost the enjoyment of it because of that. I still love snowshoeing though and getting out in fresh powder. If I had more time off, I would probably enjoy it more.

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I started skiing when I was 6 and my Dad took us a few time s a year. Started snow boarding at 17 and haven't used a set of skis since! I still ride my 2005 Burton Custom X and Burton Custom bindings that I bought new. We have Snow Bowl in Flagstaff and that's where I go. Haven't gone anywhere else since relocating to AZ from the east coast in 2012. Back east in PA I always went to White Tail, Ski Roundtop and Ski Liberty since all were only an hour or so drive away. I've even been snowboarding in Dubai! I travel through Dubai twice every 3 months for work, and on my long layovers of 18hrs or so, I usually make it over to Mall of the Emirates and head to Ski Dubai to kill the time.

Last edited:

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
I used to snowboard until my family moved to Texas. Ive only been on 3-4 trips to the slopes since 1998... But wifie and I have discussed a "ski trip" in the near future, so we will see... :thumb:

But this is whats up:

Last edited:
I started skiing when I was 6 and my Dad took us a few time s a year. Started snow boarding at 17 and haven't used a set of skis since! I still ride my 2005 Burton Custom X and Burton Custom bindings that I bought new. We have Snow Bowl in Flagstaff and that's where I go. Haven't gone anywhere else since relocating to AZ from the east coast in 2012. Back east in PA I always went to White Tail, Ski Roundtop and Ski Liberty since all were only an hour or so drive away. I've even been snowboarding in Dubai! I travel through Dubai twice every 3 months for work, and on my long layovers of 18hrs or so, I usually make it over to Mall of the Emirates and head to Ski Dubai to kill the time.

Now that's cool I always wanted to try that indoor skiing!

projectMMTB

I've been snowboarding for 8 years now (since I was 10)
I love backcountry and shredding threw pow. My home mountain and still my favorite place to go is beaver creek Colorado. It's about 40 minutes north of Vail. Anytime of year it's truly one of the most stunning places I've been. If you ever have the chance it's definitely worth the money and time to go.

TennJK

I used to ski until I turned 9 and have snowboarder ever since. The slopes out here on the east side of the world aren't too great. But I grew up riding at Steamboat. But as of the last past 5 years I've been to Teluride, Breckenridge, Moonlight Basin, and Big Sky. I would have to recommend going to Moonlight Basin and getting a twin peaks pass to Big Sky. Hands down my favorite place to go.

swampdog

Snowboarder the first time this year at Heavenly in Tahoe, then a small slop in upstate NY. Yeah....Tahoe rules.

Stone_JKUR

I snowboard two or three times a year over here towards the east coast. Usually Snowshoe, winter place, beech, or sugar Never been out west but I plan on it soon.

sc_rhino

Snowboarder the first time this year at Heavenly in Tahoe, then a small slop in upstate NY. Yeah....Tahoe rules.

Been to Tahoe a few times. Easy to get to and has a lot of choices. Heavenly is nice and big but the locals go to Sierra at Tahoe and that is where I go the most.

I snowboard two or three times a year over here towards the east coast. Usually Snowshoe, winter place, beech, or sugar Never been out west but I plan on it soon.

Well, I consider anything Colorado and west to be "out west" since the mountains are so much bigger.

Erockhopper

I grew up a skier in Idaho and worked at a little resort there a few years. I know live in Utah and since I met my wife a snowboarder, I have snowboarded ever since. We hit Brighton almost every Sunday, it's s nice resort! Heading to Jackson in a few weeks, but we like to go on the other side of the Tetons and hit Grand Targhee, crazy awesome snow and a great little resort!

Top Bottom