Synergy Front Tie Rod for JK

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Gentlemen, I am curious what your thoughts, impressions and/or experiences are with the Synergy Tie Rod. I plan to upgrade from the stock tie rod along with an EVO MFG Draglink Flip kit at the same time. Any help would be appreciated.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
It's one of the cheapest tie-rod upgrades you can get and so there are a lot of folks here who run it. Me, I prefer a Currie HD tie-rod as I have found it to be the beefiest one you can get. That being said, it is one of the most expensive options out there. If it were me, I would give the new Rubicon Express HD tie-rod a look as from what I have seen, it's about a beefy as the Currie only more affordable.

main.php

rinkishjk

My friend runs one, and after a fluke break, he has not had any issues with it. I run the first gen Currie setup Eddie mentioned, and it is beefy. I did have some issues with boots ripping on the tre's, but they have since completely changed the design for the better. Besides the ones Eddie mentioned, there is also cmm. I have seen their tie rod and it is beefy also.

jeeeep

Hooked
i have the synergy tie rod, drag link and track bar on for 2 years.
imo the tie rod has too much flop especially if you run hydro assist steering. they make a bushing you can buy to control the amount of flop. as for strength, it seems to hold up well.
the drag link also has the same flop issue and can stiil feel it bind at times, I don't think they make a bushing to control the flop on the drag link.

I replaced all of them over the weekend for something that seems beefier and hopefully eliminate the quirky binding issues since it seems like there is no flop. I'll be posting them for sale soon.

iRonin

Been running one for about 2 years now, has seen a few rocks here and there along the way, still straight as an arrow.
2014-12-30 12.37.25.jpg
Only complaint is the Synergy joint grease boots with the spring collars, they tend to pop back and spooge if the bars rotate enough.

Last edited:

jeffd

If you want one that is built to last check out the Streetsmart Yeti drag link and tie rod. very nice and cool that they are getting into the wrangler market.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Been running one for about 2 years now, has seen a few rocks here and there along the way, still straight as an arrow.
View attachment 188488
Only complaint is the Synergy joint grease boots with the spring collars, they tend to pop back and spooge if the bars rotate enough.

Would this still be a problem since we are only talking about the tie rod and not the drag link?

If you want one that is built to last check out the Streetsmart Yeti drag link and tie rod. very nice and cool that they are getting into the wrangler market.

Jeff, you might not be aware, but based on this thread:

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?34385-STEER-SMARTS-has-been-Removed-from-WAYALIFE-for-PIMPING

I have no interest in Streetsmart products. I want to only deal with individuals with high levels of integrity, not people looking for a free platform to "pimp" their products. But thank you for the suggestion.

iRonin

Would this still be a problem since we are only talking about the tie rod and not the drag link?

That's a Synergy Tie rod you're looking at, it just also happens to be a Synergy drag link in the pic that shows the same grease boot style. (Only pic I had handy)

So yea same problem. dgmw, not trying to make it sound like they pop off all the time, the boots can stand a decent amount squish, but it's just annoying to deal with when they do. Like I said, my only complaint :)

Ausjeep113

I run the synergy tie rod, drag link and Trackbar. In my opinion they're beefy as and unless you plan on your jeep being a full time comp rig you shouldn't have any issues. The grease boots coming off can be annoying but it's only happened to me twice in a year. 🙃

JoeB-JKURX

Can't find the Rubicon Express Tie Rod/Drag Link from SEMA on line

It's one of the cheapest tie-rod upgrades you can get and so there are a lot of folks here who run it. Me, I prefer a Currie HD tie-rod as I have found it to be the beefiest one you can get. That being said, it is one of the most expensive options out there. If it were me, I would give the new Rubicon Express HD tie-rod a look as from what I have seen, it's about a beefy as the Currie only more affordable.

main.php

I've been looking into a heavy duty Tie Rod/Drag Link for some time. I really like the Currie Currectlynk (except for the price). The Currie Tie Rod is 1.625" diameter. An older model (1.5" diameter) of the Currie Tie Rod had a wall thickness of .434" (I can't find the spec for the wall thickness on the newer tie rod). This is a massive system.

Was intrigued by the prospect of a similar system (to the Currie) at a lower price (Rubicon Express). I went to their web site (and others like 4WP and Quadratec) and none of them even call out a Rubicon Express Tie Rod for the JK. The Rubicon Express website shows what they call a draglink that looks like a straight tie rod. Nothing looks like the items in the Wayoflife photos from SEMA.

I actually sent an email to Rubicon Express asking for clarification about a week ago but have yet to hear back. I saw in an older posting here that Rubicon Express is now owned by the same holding company as 4WP. I'll probably stop by the local store to see what they know.

Last edited:

mdrums

Yep...this is what I'm looking at getting...no drilling and no flopping around and very well built and beefy.

JoeB-JKURX

Rubicon Express Tie Rod

I've been looking into a heavy duty Tie Rod/Drag Link for some time. I really like the Currie Currectlynk (except for the price). The Currie Tie Rod is 1.625" diameter. An older model (1.5" diameter) of the Currie Tie Rod had a wall thickness of .434" (I can't find the spec for the wall thickness on the newer tie rod). This is a massive system.

Was intrigued by the prospect of a similar system (to the Currie) at a lower price (Rubicon Express). I went to their web site (and others like 4WP and Quadratec) and none of them even call out a Rubicon Express Tie Rod for the JK. The Rubicon Express website shows what they call a draglink that looks like a straight tie rod. Nothing looks like the items in the Wayoflife photos from SEMA.

I actually sent an email to Rubicon Express asking for clarification about a week ago but have yet to hear back. I saw in an older posting here that Rubicon Express is now owned by the same holding company as 4WP. I'll probably stop by the local store to see what they know.

I just ran across a You Tube video from the recent SEMA show that highlighted the new Rubicon Express Tie Rod. In it, a Rubicon Express representative described it as being 1.5" diameter and .250" wall thickness Chrome Molly DOM tubing (pretty stout). Not sure it is in the same class as the Currie Tie Rod of Chrome Molly DOM tubing at 1.625" (with a wall thickness probably approaching .500") or even the Rock Krawler solid aluminum rod at 1.75" diameter.

Last edited:
Top Bottom