Evo lever instalation

BrandonDetrick

Has anyone installed the evo lever rear suspension by them selfs ? If yes how challenging was ? Any special tools need. ? ETC.

StrizzyChris

Well, it used to be a weld OR bolt on system but, I was told that it is now a weld on only application. For this reason I wasnt able to purchase it like I had hoped to. I am a DIY kind of person and welding isnt something I can do myself. If you do do(hehe :clap2:) the install yourself please post pics and a small write up, because I would love to see someone do it(other than me).

Edit: If I was misinformed, then the LEVER is def the way to go for a bolt-on DIY job. It will keep your coilovers much more protected.

Last edited:

BrandonDetrick

I'm not a welder by any means. . But if I can get a bolt on kit I can do it. And I am very far from Cali to have evo do it. So i may be outa luck being my local shop is gay about Installin stuff the didnt sell

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I would give EVO a call. Their EVO lever is designed in a way that CAN be bolt it on - or at least for the most part. If you feel comfortable drilling, cutting and griding, I'm sure you could do this on your own. For the couple of welds that you may need, you can always do the prep work yourself and have a mobile welder come out to your place and burn in what's needed. Just a thought.

...you can always do the prep work yourself and have a mobile welder come out to your place and burn in what's needed. Just a thought.

X2 on this advice - it is basically what my son and I did. Except, we got everything tacked in, then took his JK to a friend's local shop to check everything out before they welded in everything. If you want the DTD - get it - you can still do most of the work yourself.

dchew

Caught the Bug
This is exactly what I will be doing too. We will tack everything in then bring in a local guy who does all the race vehicles around here.

I may not know what I'm doing, but at least I have a plan! :crazyeyes:

Dave

bkac

Caught the Bug
Bumping this thread to see if there are any DIYs of the lever recently and how bad was it. Considering doing this myself soon along with the high clearance long arm kit.

Bumping this thread to see if there are any DIYs of the lever recently and how bad was it. Considering doing this myself soon along with the high clearance long arm kit.

I believe most of the lever comes assembled it's more about removal and making room for it underneath.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I believe most of the lever comes assembled it's more about removal and making room for it underneath.

That's what I'm reading, I'm looking at Eddies project -jk write up, cam you run the factory rear bump stops and open the 3rd bypass or do you have to run air bumps to open that bypass?

bkac

Caught the Bug
Looking at maybe doing this setup at first before the bypasses are purchased. Will this work for a short term solution?

Attachments

• 1421214432393.jpg
    1421214432393.jpg
    77.5 KB · Views: 217
That's what I'm reading, I'm looking at Eddies project -jk write up, cam you run the factory rear bump stops and open the 3rd bypass or do you have to run air bumps to open that bypass?

I would imagine its "possible" but not optimal. Im not sure i would want to ride in it slamming on those rubber bricks called bump stops haha.

bkac

Caught the Bug
I would imagine its "possible" but not optimal. Im not sure i would want to ride in it slamming on those rubber bricks called bump stops haha.

I agree, I'm learning more as I research. I love installing stuff myself then I get to really understand how it works and know how to repair it when things go south on the trail. Looking forward to this one!

I agree, I'm learning more as I research. I love installing stuff myself then I get to really understand how it works and know how to repair it when things go south on the trail. Looking forward to this one!

It would be very similar to running the bolt on kit. As long as they are set correct you shouldn't have any issues.

bkac

Caught the Bug
you should be able to run the shocks on the lever system and add the bypasses later. I believe thats what branman is doing as well.

Yeah, and it looks like you can do it with the factory bumpstops. If I have to buy air bumps, I'd rather buy the bypasses at first and close the 3rd valve.

bkac

Caught the Bug
Maybe we can both install it at your house at the same time.

sounds great, you know you have to get new coilovers, right? Not a big deal but they are different. I'm sure they would sell pretty darn fast.

Oh and we'll do your first to practice! Awe yeah...

Top Bottom