EVO Enforcer 3" Rear Axle Centering

303jkpatriot

In December I installed the 3" EVO Enforcer lift on my 2015 JKUR, and though overall it all went pretty well and it rides/drives great, one of the issues that I ran into was the rear axle being offcenter about 1" to the drive side measuring from the frame to tire lug on both sides. I loosend and re torqued everything, drove for a couple hundred miles and didn't see any change. I searched extensively on WAL and found others had run into it, but I hadn't tracked down any definitive fixes. I am running 4.75" backspacing which I think definitely magnifies the issue as one tire sits outside of the flare, and the other almost sat parallel. EVO Recommends a minimum 3.5" backspacing which would make it a little less prevalent:

Driver:

20151223_095538.jpg

Passenger:

20151223_095544.jpg

I did call and talk with EVO and they mentioned your axle is always moving so though it may not be pleasant to the eyes, it is not something to worry about. Since I am not planning on upgrading my wheels anytime soon I wanted to try and find a fix. I first tried the JKS adjustable rear drag link, but the issue I found was the JKS did not go shorter than stock length, so it left the axle in the same position. After some extensive googling, I am across an adjustable rear trackbar from Superlift (5771) that adjusts down to 39 3/8" in length. It was pretty cheap from quadratec/amazon/jegs so I ordered it. 39 5/8" ended up being the sweet spot for me and the axle was pretty well centered under the rear :

20160120_201036.jpg

End result:

20160120_201022.jpg

I have been running it for around 1k miles so far and haven't run into any issues with it. I figured I would post this up as alot of folks are running the Evo Enforcer and some might encounter the same issue as me.

Coloradan

Great post! I have this same problem with my 3" Enforcer setup. My Slabs don't make it very obvious, but I am glad there is an easy solution! I just ordered my Superlift rear trackbar for $108 from JEGS and it comes with a lifetime warranty. I'll post pics once it's installed.

aldaman

Glad you got your issue resolved. Did you install the lift yourself? Looking to upgrade to that same lift later on and wondered if you had to do any cutting & grinding per Evo's notes below. If so what part needed to be cut or grinded? :beer:

image.jpg

Jeepfan30

Weird that yours does that, I've never read a thread about the Enforcer lift having that affect on the rear axle placement. I just looked at mine and the rear axle is centered.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Weird that yours does that, I've never read a thread about the Enforcer lift having that affect on the rear axle placement. I just looked at mine and the rear axle is centered.

On the contrary, I think its weird that yours is centered. Mine is off to the driverside (4") but it is barely noticeable. This is mostly due to EVO using the same relocation bracket for both the 3" and 4" kits.

I.E. with the 3" kit, the bracket is a little high (making the track bar long) and with the 4" kit the bracket is a little low (making the track bar short) causing the axle to not be dead center. :yup:

Last edited:

MattMc

On the contrary, I think its weird that yours is centered. Mine is off to the driverside (4") but it is barely noticeable. This is mostly due to EVO using the same relocation bracket for both the 3" and 4" kits.

I.E. with the 3" kit, the bracket is a little high (making the track bar long) and with the 4" kit the bracket is a little low (making the track bar short) causing the axle to not be dead center. :yup:

This is pertinent to my interests, as I'm going to be installing the Enforcer 4" soon.

Would it be better to not cut the stock bracket and go with an adjustable track bar, or will that not work?

I have a feeling that if that would work, then EVO would have went that direction with the kit.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
This is pertinent to my interests, as I'm going to be installing the Enforcer 4" soon.

Would it be better to not cut the stock bracket and go with an adjustable track bar, or will that not work?

I have a feeling that if that would work, then EVO would have went that direction with the kit.

The issue with adjustable trac bars is that they are almost always not as robust as a factory trac bar. So if you dont mind the axle being slightly off center, I would stick with the factory trac bar and the relocation bracket. While you CAN run an adjustable trac bar for correction, its just not worth it to me to spend money on a structurally inferior part to solve a minor cosmetic issue. but to each their own.

MattMc

The issue with adjustable trac bars is that they are almost always not as robust as a factory trac bar. So if you dont mind the axle being slightly off center, I would stick with the factory trac bar and the relocation bracket. While you CAN run an adjustable trac bar for correction, its just not worth it to me to spend money on a structurally inferior part to solve a minor cosmetic issue. but to each their own.

Thanks for your input. I guess I'll have to see what it looks like after the install. Of course the bracket will be cut then. Obviously there's no going back to factory bracket after that.

303jkpatriot

Thanks for chiming in Dwiggles. That makes more sense, as both Coloradan and I run the 3" enforcers.

ChaosNein

So the fix to the 1/4" out of center issue was to place a STRONG Rear OEM trackbar with a far inferior Adjustable TrackBar? The axle being off 1/4" or 3/8" is not an issue in the least. Simply driving your vehicle causes your rear axle to shift. My opinion would be to NOT replace your OEM trackbar with one that is designed to be replaced every 10,000 miles just to correct a 1/4".

FYI - we use factory trackbar FR and RR on every rig we build ENFORCER, LCG or DTD and have ZERO issues.

Last edited:

Coloradan

Just got my track bar yesterday and installed it this afternoon! The axle is back under the center of my Jeep and it looks great. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456098740.009607.jpg ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456098796.344328.jpg

Top Bottom