2dr JK JL Audio Stealthbox w/ Tuffy Products security enclosure

Archback

I searched for this answer for a while and finally decided to bite the bullet and just see if this would work. I wanted to use the JL Audio Stealthbox for the 2dr JK while using the Tuffy Products (Tuffy part number 282-01) rear cargo security enclose. I am happy to report you can use both of these products in conjunction without any modification.

To do this install first fold the rear seat forward and install the Tuffy lower cargo section as instructed. Next lean the lower cargo section toward the front of the Jeep and install the Stealthbox as instructed. Then finish the install by installing the Tuffy top cargo section as instructed. When you are finished you will have a concealed subwoofer and retain a section of cargo space to lock up items as you desire.

FullSizeRender.jpg

I hope this helps anyone looking to run a similar setup. Let me know if you have any questions or would like any additional photos on this install.

Cheers,
Kris

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Interesting, I looked at the Stealthbox for the four door and I don't think it will work with the Tuffy deck for the four door. I never thought about looking at the Stealthbox for the two door. I'm assuming that the hole in the floor is the same no matter. So I'm wondering if the two door version of the Stealthbox would work for the four door so I could keep the deck and not lose any space like the four door version.

Archback

How do you like the sub, Is it loud enough for top and doors off driving?

Love the subwoofer; running a Rockford Fosgate 5ch and it is plenty loud for top down and doors off. It is a really nice setup even with the price tag. I got it off of Sonic electronics with a coupon code which makes it a far better deal.

Archback

Interesting, I looked at the Stealthbox for the four door and I don't think it will work with the Tuffy deck for the four door. I never thought about looking at the Stealthbox for the two door. I'm assuming that the hole in the floor is the same no matter. So I'm wondering if the two door version of the Stealthbox would work for the four door so I could keep the deck and not lose any space like the four door version.

IF the opening is the same (the depression in the cargo area) then I guess it could work. The backside of the subwoofer enclosure would leave you with a bit of a step condition given the thickness of enclosure.

Top Bottom