New billy rockers what coating?

Muleskinner

Just got my billy rockers. What's the best way to go about coating? I thought about taking them to a body shop vs painting them myself. Heard of guys using rattle cans but these were expensive and I would like them to look.

holliewood61

I've had very good results out of the duplicolor bed liner in the blue can from napa. If you don't want any texture, the duplicolor acrylic lacquer is a good product. The advantage of using a rattle can over powder coating/professional painting is the touch ups. If you were to gouge it you could sand it down and spray on another coat. Here is my wj before and after using the bed liner on the the body cladding.

Coop

Caught the Bug
I use the Rustolium flat black rattle can paint, it holds up well, easy to use, looks good (to me) and touches up well after banging off rocks.

AllAmericanInfidel

Caught the Bug
I used Rustoleum self etching primer, then Rustoleum satin black paint. I bought one of those triggers for the spray cans. Worked great, looks great, and most importantly (to me), it super easy to touch up. In the pic, sliders and bumpers are all spray can.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455878974.274304.jpg
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455879031.482058.jpg

Top Bottom