Mulitiple questions!

Broncorider

First question: I bought a set of Rubicon wheels and tires from a buddy of mine. Now the tire pressure monitor is blinking for about a minute right when you turn the car on and then it constantly stays on. any ways to fix this?
Second Question: Took my jeep into the dealership under warranty now for the second time in less than a month get the dam oil leaks fixed. they said they got them all but one. They told me I cracked the transmission pan and they would not replace it under warranty. so I crawled under too look and it appears that's what is leaking but not from the spot that is hit. There isn't even a crack there! so my question it if I take the pan out and service the tranny would this fix my problem? or should I buy a whole new pan just to be safe?
Third Question: What does jeep have to cover under warranty? If you crack or break a part or they responsible to fix it or are you shit out of luck and you have to pay out of pocket?
Thanks for the help!!!:beer::usa:

dwvninety

What year is the Rubicon tires from? If its 2013 or newer the TPMS sensors I believe runs on a different frequency than 2012 or below. Take the Jeep to another dealership and see what they say.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Are you asking if Chrysler has to pay to fix something you break or crack wheeling? Shouldn't the answer to that be obvious?

NecessaryEvil

Caught the Bug
I'm not sure about jk tpms, but I do know some vehicles have to have a scanner program new sensors. Just replace the transmission pan. It should not be hard to find a new one for cheep.

Broncorider

Are you asking if Chrysler has to pay to fix something you break or crack wheeling? Shouldn't the answer to that be obvious?

Yea might not have been the brightest question but it's not leaking from where they said I hit it is the problem. I think they are just too lazy to want to fix it. I think all it would take is to pull the pan and put a new seal in it.

Broncorider

What year is the Rubicon tires from? If its 2013 or newer the TPMS sensors I believe runs on a different frequency than 2012 or below. Take the Jeep to another dealership and see what they say.

Oh ok this might make sense. The rims I got are off a 2015 rubi and I have a 2011. So maybe they won't correspond.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug
Oh ok this might make sense. The rims I got are off a 2015 rubi and I have a 2011. So maybe they won't correspond.

You have the wrong sensors. :yup: you need the aluminum stem ones for a 2007-2011. 2012-2015 are the newer rubber stem ones

Broncorider

ok another question. when I took off the transmission pan I obviously put new tranny oil in it. so I put in the carquest brand of full synthetic transmission oil global multi vehicle. well I went through and did some research and crystlar says that it calls for ATF+4 tranny fluid. and the stuff I got doesn't say that, Should I be worried?

Moochie

ok another question. when I took off the transmission pan I obviously put new tranny oil in it. so I put in the carquest brand of full synthetic transmission oil global multi vehicle. well I went through and did some research and crystlar says that it calls for ATF+4 tranny fluid. and the stuff I got doesn't say that, Should I be worried?

Yes. It needs to be ATF+4.

TrainWreck618

Caught the Bug
I would imagine you would need to drain everything. Hopefully someone else can chime in, but when you pull the pan on the tranny, that doesn't empty everything out. So now you just mixed it all up, and simply draining it and dumping new atf4 in might not be a great idea. Idk...

Top Bottom