Secondary horn relocation ideas?

Dubaibentzen

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455886934.198471.jpg
Where to put this?
After removing the stock bumper and installing the quarter pounder, I need to find a new spot for the extra horn.

Ddays

Hooked
I ran into the same issue with my bumper. Only one horn leaves a lot to be desired. I haven't gotten around to it yet but I was just going to fab another mount somewhere on the fender and extend the wires some...

JeepFan

Hooked
This may be a dumb question but, why do you have to remove it? :thinking: I'm going with the 1/4 pounder on my 2015 eventually and have not heard anything regarding the horn...

Last edited:

Dubaibentzen

This may be a dumb question but, why do you have to remove it? :thinking: I'm going with the 1/4 pounder on my 2015 eventually and have not heard anything regarding the horn...

I'm not sure about US versions, but in the UAE the JKs come with the European style stock front bumper. The extra horn was attached to it, so I had to take it off.

JeepFan

Hooked
I'm not sure about US versions, but in the UAE the JKs come with the European style stock front bumper. The extra horn was attached to it, so I had to take it off.

Ah!! Totally makes sense now. Thanks for the explanation! On the US models one horn is attached to the core support (drivers side next to the radiator), and the second horn is mounted to a bracket attached to the power brake booster. Wondering if you can do the same on your JK?

JeepFan

Hooked
When I get home tonight, I'll take some pics so you can see how it mounts. I'm willing to bet your JK has the hole in the core support that supports the horn bracket.

Ddays

Hooked
Ah!! Totally makes sense now. Thanks for the explanation! On the US models one horn is attached to the core support (drivers side next to the radiator), and the second horn is mounted to a bracket attached to the power brake booster. Wondering if you can do the same on your JK?

Also, looks like their Vacuum pump is already located next to the booster because of the different bumper. This is where I located my VP and I lost my horn there...

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455886934.198471 (1).jpg

Ddays

Hooked
Good to know. These old eyes of mine missed that... Looks like relocating the second horn will be a bit challenging. :crazyeyes:

LOL - thats why I had one to take a photo of for the "guess what Jeep part this is" thread! It shouldn't be too hard to fab up some kind of bracket to move it somewhere.
I just never took the time to do it.

Flat Top

If you run the ARB Twin compressor with the M.O.R.E. under hood mount you will run into the same problem (at least I did on my '13). I needed to remove the horn by the brake booster.

I was considering just replacing the remaining horn with an upgrade. Maybe an air horn! I can be THAT guy.

SilverBack

Not sure this will help but....

I remove the horn and took off the mounting bracket and reattached the bracket backwards so that the horn could be mounted at an angle. I attached it to the ARB mount but there are several places to fasten it securely.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455921868.499654.jpg

JeepFan

Hooked
Here are some pics of my 2015. Mounting it between the brake master cylinder and fender won't work due to the vacuum pump.

I would make a bracket and mount it between the ECU and anti-lock brake motor. There is a ground wire stud on the fender you can use to mount the bracket. All you would need to do is extend the power wire.

1455928456723.jpg

1455928486140.jpg
You can see the ground wire stud at the bottom of this pic.

1455928531445.jpg
Here's a pic of the horn mounted to the core support.

Dubaibentzen

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456104735.667137.jpg Thanks for all the input. Decided to mount it on one of the studs of the firewall. I reused the original bracket (slightly modified with a BFH...) Now I just have to run the wires up there.

Honor2afault

Caught the Bug
With a couple washers to even it out and a couple zerks I mounted my new horn right behind the grill in the center of the radiator. I'll post a pic tomorrow in the daylight.

Top Bottom