How much does your modified JKU weigh?

Mikead40

For those of you that have actually weighed your '12 or newer JKUs, I'm wondering what they've tipped the scales at. Mine is a '13 JKUR with a basic coil spring set up, chromoly control arms, some aftermarket steel armor (fenders/rockers) with 37s on 17" aluminum wheels. All other major components (axles etc) are stock. I will eventually get it weighed, but I figured I'd ask for a quick answer from those of you (with a similar setup) that know. Thanks! :beer:

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
It's funny this popped up because I was going to weigh my jeep today. I have a similar setup, JKU, bumpers, winch and 37s. I'll let you know in a little bit.

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
Jeep weighed in at 3880lbs. That's with a 1/4 tank of gas. 3.8L Auto. That should at least give you a ballpark figure.
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455902337.185012.jpg

4880lbs not 3880lbs. :doh:

Last edited:

GraniteCrystal

There was a video Eddie posted of Moby passing a trailer. Said Moby weighed around 9000lbs if I recall. Not sure how he's 5000 lbs heavier.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Jeep weighed in at 3880lbs. That's with a 1/4 tank of gas. 3.8L Auto. That should at least give you a ballpark figure.

Really? 3880 lbs.? The curb weight of a JKUR is 4340 lbs. How did you get your built up Jeep to loose almost 500 lbs.?

BABOOZLE

Caught the Bug
40s, big boy axles, Evo sliders and bigger Engine/transmission helps but 4k lbs more seems like a lot. Just re-read my post and I meant 4880 not 3880. My bad.

DWiggles

Caught the Bug

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Thanks, wasn't 100% sure on the number. Extra weight is armor, tires, heavier engine? What gas milage does Moby usually get?

Engine is almost the same weight as a 3.8L. Most of what makes Moby heavy is the ProRock 80, ProRock 60 and bead lock wheels and tires that weigh almost 200 lbs. each. We run factory skids so the only real armor weight would be the front bumper w/winch, sliders and skins. It's the gear we carry that adds up the rest. Still, with the LS pushing us along, we can still get as much as 13 MPG and more if I drive conservatively. I should note that this is about 3-4 MPG better than what we were getting with our 3.8L.

4880 not 3880. The smallest of typos can make a huge difference. Lol

LOL!! Indeed it can :crazyeyes:

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Was just noodling this over the other day. For comparison, our '08 Z71 Suburban was about 8600 lbs. base model is 7,900.

Mikead40

thank you all for the responses - so somewhere around the 5k lbs mark is about what I should expect? is it safe to assume that the 3.6 weighs a 100 lbs or so less than the 3.8?

Tree Frog

2013 JKUR
3.6 Auto, Evo Double D pro (Long Arms, king Coil-overs) 35 KM2's on Method's, winch, PSC steel sliders and skins, plate bumpers, steel tube rack inside with a Highlift, Pull pal, axe, shovel, fire extinguisher, recovery gear, first responder bag and a bunch of other stuff with
3/4 tank fuel,
Sitting on the scales with no fat ass humans inside, weighs in at 5500 lbs. Bias front 2750/ rear 2800

Mikead40

2013 JKUR
3.6 Auto, Evo Double D pro (Long Arms, king Coil-overs) 35 KM2's on Method's, winch, PSC steel sliders and skins, plate bumpers, steel tube rack inside with a Highlift, Pull pal, axe, shovel, fire extinguisher, recovery gear, first responder bag and a bunch of other stuff with
3/4 tank fuel,
Sitting on the scales with no fat ass humans inside, weighs in at 5500 lbs. Bias front 2750/ rear 2800

thanks! :beer:

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Tree Frog, that's about the range I was anticipating hearing from most. Hard to imagine how a build would effectively double the vehicle's weight.

Top Bottom