Undercoat or something equivalent

Kwwilly15

As some of you know I live in Key West the salt is constant with puddles and just the area . My jk has only 20000 miles and I am already getting rust on the gussets and other parts as well . I'm getting my new lift installed in 2 weeks so at least some parts will be changed out . Any suggestions to coat underneath or should it just all be painted .

NFRs2000NYC

Caught the Bug
As some of you know I live in Key West the salt is constant with puddles and just the area . My jk has only 20000 miles and I am already getting rust on the gussets and other parts as well . I'm getting my new lift installed in 2 weeks so at least some parts will be changed out . Any suggestions to coat underneath or should it just all be painted .

I've coated some key components (as a test) with plastidip to see how they hold up, and to my NON amazement, it's holding up perfectly. The rubber seals it in completely, and it's impervious to water and salt. Never tested it on sea salt, but plenty of road rock salt and canadian calcium chloride spray.

BlueBox

Wire brush and rustoleum during wheeling season is my strategy. I'm giving fluid film a try this winter/salt season.

jeeeep

Hooked

check out Eastwood - they make several under coatings:

http://www.eastwood.com/paints/under-car-coatings.html

toxicwaste29

I like using chassis saver on my stuff. Hold up good. It's $100 a gallon though and it can be brushed of sprayed. I just brush it. Whatever you do don't get it on your skin because it doesn't come off for weeks ask even with gasoline scrubbing. Ask me how I know

Top Bottom