Disabling the ESP system

Hey folks, I have a lifted (2.5) 2011 Rubicon with (33's) on stock rims. The ESP (abs) system has been kicking in on very slow speed turns and I have not been able to figure out how to stop this. I have disabled the ESP system as instructed but the problem persists. I have come across this Pro Cal Module, has anyone had any experience with this?? Any other ideas on how to fix this problem??

jeeeep

Hooked
Hey folks, I have a lifted (2.5) 2011 Rubicon with (33's) on stock rims. The ESP (abs) system has been kicking in on very slow speed turns and I have not been able to figure out how to stop this. I have disabled the ESP system as instructed but the problem persists. I have come across this Pro Cal Module, has anyone had any experience with this?? Any other ideas on how to fix this problem??

what method did you use to disable the system?

Ddays

Hooked
Looks like you have two threads going on regarding this. Check your wave thread as there are a couple responses on this issue. Sounds like a cracked tone ring or wheel sensor issue, not the ESP system itself...

Jeepers46

How much air pressure are you running in your tires? Ive found if I run too much in mine it will cause mine to kick on in low speed corners. Every time I have the tires rotated/balanced they always put about 35psi in the tires and I have to drop them down to about 30 when I get it home. This has always stopped the ESP from coming on in the corners.

jagrubb99

How much air pressure are you running in your tires? Ive found if I run too much in mine it will cause mine to kick on in low speed corners. Every time I have the tires rotated/balanced they always put about 35psi in the tires and I have to drop them down to about 30 when I get it home. This has always stopped the ESP from coming on in the corners.

This has helped me also. A little scary when pulling out onto a road and the jeep goes limp in the middle of the intersection

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
This has helped me also. A little scary when pulling out onto a road and the jeep goes limp in the middle of the intersection

5 psi Tire pressure won't have an effect either. You need the system to see a significant difference in wheel speed front to back or left to right for it to kick in.

Thanks for all of the suggestions. It has given me some good insight and direction to figure this issue out. Much appreciated!

Top Bottom