The Gulches in Teller County, Deckers

acamp75

Hey,
I was thinking of running Metberry, Long water then MAYBE Hackett on Sunday February 21, THIS SUNDAY!!!! I know it is short notice, but it could be a quick trip that would be a good time. I will probably go with my wife and kids just for the day whether anyone joins me or not. If anyone is interested in going let me know and we can meet up and roll. I am north of Denver and it takes me about 1.5 hrs to get to Deckers. I have run both Metberry and longwater in my Expedition, but I REALLY want to take RubiGlm out and play.

LET ME KNOW!!!
Adam

GraniteCrystal

Too short of notice too far of a drive away. Would love to go out sometime though so keep throwing it out to the group.

Curious, what are minimum requirements for the gulches?

acamp75

I have been down both long water and metberry in my 2001 expedition, completely stick, there was damage to the running boards, but nothing significant. I made it up to the rock wall on Hackett with the expedition also but decided that was enough. I would think that a stock jeep, sport would be ok. Any rubicon would be a nice easy drive for the day. Nothing really technical, just a way to get out and have fun.

I will definitely go up several times this season and will definitely keep posting.

I am going to run pearl pass in Aspen in the next couple of months, my wife has never been up and over so I will post that as well.

Holy cross is on the to do list as well.

Top Bottom