Atx slab on stock tire carrier?

epetry

Anyone running a Atx slab on stock tire carrier? With the offset being different my tire does not sit flush anymore with rubber mounts. I'm pretty sure this can cause failure to the tire carrier due to it not sitting against the rubber mounts. Any solutions or ideas would be awesome. Thanks!

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455995778.284251.jpg

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1455995789.350955.jpg

JKRicky

Yes you can but you need to extend the rubber isolators to contact the tire with a decent amount of pressure. You can make your own or buy them.

NevadaZielmeister

Caught the Bug
Anyone running a Atx slab on stock tire carrier? With the offset being different my tire does not sit flush anymore with rubber mounts. I'm pretty sure this can cause failure to the tire carrier due to it not sitting against the rubber mounts. Any solutions or ideas would be awesome. Thanks!

View attachment 188978

View attachment 188979

Failure of the sheet metal that the tire carrier mounts to would be certain. I think that tire may be twice the weight of the stock wheel, right?

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
You will be fine. As mentioned just extend the bump stops so the tire sits FIRMLY against them like they did stock

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
What are you guys using to extend them? Just rubber blocks?

Some people are just going to Home Depot and/or lowes and getting firm rubber tubing that is slightly larger than the stock one and fitting it on top to extend it. There is pics and a thread here somewhere with multiple posts on it.

epetry

Some people are just going to Home Depot and/or lowes and getting firm rubber tubing that is slightly larger than the stock one and fitting it on top to extend it. There is pics and a thread here somewhere with multiple posts on it.

Okay great. Thanks for the help. Just want to make sure I'm safe going down the road until I pick up a tire Carrier.

notnalc68

That dude from Mississippi
I used a couple of pieces of PVC pipe that fit inside the rubber isolator with end caps glued on. Spray painted them black.

jeeeep

Hooked
looks like you're not running a rear bumper. when I ran 315's I liked that the spare sat on the bumper to give it additional support.

you might think about making something that mounts to the hitch to provide additional support for the tire.

I used the PVC with large rubber stoppers on the end. I tried the Daystar but they changed how they're made and the things fell apart as I was trying to install them.

Top Bottom