Aussie locker in a D30

Albo

Anyone running an Aussie locker in the D30? I just ordered gussets that will be installed this week and thinking about the Aussie locker for the front. Any advice?

xflstl

Have ran one in my girlfriends jku for the last 3 years... works like a charm, no issues at all. Would recommend them to anyone wanting a less expensive way to lock your front axle on 35" or smaller tires. The locker is very loud (click click click) mostly when on rock (like moab).

Albo

I am on 35's. Dont get a chance to wheel that often (couple times a year). Not really wanting to spend the coin to upgrade the entire axel. Do you hear the clicking during normal driving like doing a uturn?

xflstl

I am on 35's. Dont get a chance to wheel that often (couple times a year). Not really wanting to spend the coin to upgrade the entire axel. Do you hear the clicking during normal driving like doing a uturn?

Only in 4wd when wheeling....And then only when turning somewhat sharp.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass

Why waste the money for wheeling a couple times a year? Have fun with what you have.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I agree sounds like you don't really need a locker and besides the BLD does a very good job of keeping you moving forward.

Albo

Why waste the money for wheeling a couple times a year? Have fun with what you have.

Only considering because I'm going to a new place in April that has more rock than I have been on. Most people I talk to highly recommend a locking front axel.

WJCO

Meme King
Locking a D30 on 35s, and you may be in the market for a new axle sooner than you think. I personally wouldn't do it.

xflstl

Only considering because I'm going to a new place in April that has more rock than I have been on. Most people I talk to highly recommend a locking front axel.

If you really want a locker, this is a cheap and easy way to go... And it's very simple to install yourself... It will greatly increase your jeeps capability offroad. However it doesn't increase driver ability ;-)

xflstl

Locking a D30 on 35s, and you may be in the market for a new axle sooner than you think. I personally wouldn't do it.

This is always a possibility. . However not likely on 35's unless you drive like a madman. If you do that your going to break any axle you got...

Grubbicon

This is always a possibility. . However not likely on 35's unless you drive like a madman. If you do that your going to break any axle you got...

Id like to disagree. I watched my dad break a a few d30 Ujoints and 2 R&Ps when locked on 35s. He drives very easy and will winch before forcing something but also wheels with people with much bigger rigs. Just takes the right bind on a rock for it to snap.

mcflurry301

I had a rock set its self between the axle and the frame but since I couldn't unlock the front axle this is the damage I took...ended up having the take the carrier out just to get a chuck on the shaft out and replace both seals. Thankfully it didn't break the gears. I was running an Aussie with 35"s in a D30

IMG_3891.JPG IMG_3893.JPG IMG_3894.JPG IMG_3900.JPG

Top Bottom