Jeep overheated help!!

jorgelrod

Hooked
Was driving and the temp suddenly went to 285F, stopped the jeep and after letting it cool, opened the radiator and it was dry. Bought two gallons of water and when I started filling the radiator up with the first gallon, I saw all the water coming out from around the first crossmember on top of the tyranny pan. Any ideas what might've happened???

WJCO

Meme King
Was driving and the temp suddenly went to 285F, stopped the jeep and after letting it cool, opened the radiator and it was dry. Bought two gallons of water and when I started filling the radiator up with the first gallon, I saw all the water coming out from around the first crossmember on top of the tyranny pan. Any ideas what might've happened???

The only thing I can think of is if your heater core blew and it is leaking out of the evap drain on the firewall. Try to get under there and find the highest spot where the water/coolant is leaking.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Just arrived home after the tow truck brought us here, it's to late and dark to have a good look, I'll try and check tomorrow and will get roadside assistance to take it to the dealership on Monday. I just hope that there is no engine damage as I drove it about 4 or five miles to a safer location to wait for roadside assistance and it went as high as 285

WJCO

Meme King
Just arrived home after the tow truck brought us here, it's to late and dark to have a good look, I'll try and check tomorrow and will get roadside assistance to take it to the dealership on Monday. I just hope that there is no engine damage as I drove it about 4 or five miles to a safer location to wait for roadside assistance and it went as high as 285

Hope not. Did it ever run abnormally or make any abnormal noises?

Uncle Jimmy

Could be the heater core.... And could also be the transmission cooler if you jeep is equipped with a tow package. Either the only way to by pass it is too clamp off the "inlet" hose to either one then fill it up with water to get it in with service ASAP!

jorgelrod

Hooked
Took a look this morning, started filling the radiator with water again, the leak is somewhere behind the engine on top of the Transmission, gonna have the dealership come and tow it in for service on Monday

jorgelrod

Hooked
So was able to talk to the dealership mechanic on the phone, he told me in the back of the engine, there are 3 plastic seals and that apparently one of them blew out and that is where the coolant came out of. Me not being the mechanic I wish I were, I'm at a loss as to what he was talking about. Does anybody know what he is talking about. This covered under warranty so I'm not worried I'm getting swindled, I just have no idea what he is talking about and I'm wondering if any of you gents know what he is talking about...

WJCO

Meme King
So was able to talk to the dealership mechanic on the phone, he told me in the back of the engine, there are 3 plastic seals and that apparently one of them blew out and that is where the coolant came out of. Me not being the mechanic I wish I were, I'm at a loss as to what he was talking about. Does anybody know what he is talking about. This covered under warranty so I'm not worried I'm getting swindled, I just have no idea what he is talking about and I'm wondering if any of you gents know what he is talking about...

Plastic seal? Maybe he meant a freeze plug? Metal freeze plug?

jorgelrod

Hooked
Maybe, I guess with Spanish being the primary language, it gets lost in translation. I was just curiosity more than anything...

WJCO

Meme King
Intake manifold gasket kit. Gotcha. Glad they fixed it for you. Funny how the part descriptions are labeled in English, but tech's story is in Spanish.

jorgelrod

Hooked
Intake manifold gasket kit. Gotcha. Glad they fixed it for you. Funny how the part descriptions are labeled in English, but tech's story is in Spanish.

That's because our primary language down here is spanish, but they draw parts directly from the Jeep/Chrysler Database so they are bound to be in english

Top Bottom