PR44 installed!!!

chili84

Just finished installing a PR44 tonight. We removed the D30 last night to help today go a little smoother. The PR44 was an absolute breeze to install with the help of some good friends. The RCV axles were simple as well. After test driving the vehicle around the block and on some main roads anything about 45mph seemed sketchy to me. The slightest bump in the road made the jeep feel "loose". I have the dynatrac balljoints in and the knuckles felt super snug before the cotter key could be installed. Is this normal? Overall, I'm extremely happy with the installation process and look of it. Once break is done I can really test it out in Tennessee next weekend!

Attachments

• 1456028175810.jpg
    1456028175810.jpg
    71.5 KB · Views: 253
  • 1456028193403.jpg
    1456028193403.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 256
  • 1456028209234.jpg
    1456028209234.jpg
    97.6 KB · Views: 251

Exodus 4x4

If you left your controls arms the same length you had them set at before then you may have too much caster. As far as the ball joints go you should be fine as long as you followed the torque sequence in the instructions.

jeeeep

Hooked
loosen up your control arms and track bar, remember the PR44 has caster built into it so check your caster then give your jeep a jounce to settle the control arms, torque and test drive

Coop

Caught the Bug
Going to be doing this too, when my pr44 arrives! I'm switching to EVO adjustable control arms to hopefully get the caster right. Glad to hear your install went well! Makes me breathe a bit easier lol!

chili84

Going to be doing this too, when my pr44 arrives! I'm switching to EVO adjustable control arms to hopefully get the caster right. Glad to hear your install went well! Makes me breathe a bit easier lol!

We literally had zero issues. Other then taking apart the old one. Tie rods, knuckles, hubs were on there pretty good and needed a lot of penetrating oil and a good rubber mallet. Im no expert on it but if you have questions PM me! Congrats on yours and best of luck!

chili84

The only issue that I had guys was the passenger side sway bar. I had to take the pin out slide it through the sway bar a decent amount and then put it back through bracket. Otherwise the steering stablizer and track bar bracket gets in the way.

Attachments

• 1456069383672.jpg
    1456069383672.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 131

chili84

Oh and one other thing, if you're installing RCV axles a zip tie works great if you slide it between the boot. It helps relieve built up air pressure inside and should aid in the installation. You'll still need a rubber mallet to persuade it.

Top Bottom