Teraflex rear tire carrier

nickram

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456108986.335976.jpg
Ok so I have read that one thread about the guy whose Teraflex rear tire carrier started to crack on him but all of the videos that I watch about this tire carrier when you get the full system say you can run even up to a 40 inch tire without any problems and all I want to run is a 35 inch tire. Ps. Dennis from Teraflex humor makes me want to buy it even more and now idk what to do

Ddays

Hooked
DON'T!

There are too many better options out there. Not funny when shit can break.
For 35" stick with stock.

RockyJk

I thought they had changed it to only up to a 37" tire?

Either way there's way better stuff out there for the price of the Tera carrier

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Ok so I have read that one thread about the guy whose Teraflex rear tire carrier started to crack on him but all of the videos that I watch about this tire carrier when you get the full system say you can run even up to a 40 inch tire without any problems and all I want to run is a 35 inch tire. Ps. Dennis from Teraflex humor makes me want to buy it even more and now idk what to do

Wow, a salesman's humor was all that it took to sell you on a $700 tire carrier that they make and this in spite of all that you have seen and know from actually customers. Well, it's your money and your jeep and you should be able to buy and install whatever it is you want BUT please, do everyone on the road a favor and keep an eye on your tire carrier... just in case.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Dennis' best video is the test of their bitchin Baja suspension (insert sarcasm emoticon here).

cmireles

Wow, a salesman's humor was all that it took to sell you on a $700 tire carrier that they make and this in spite of all that you have seen and know from actually customers. Well, it's your money and your jeep and you should be able to buy and install whatever it is you want BUT please, do everyone on the road a favor and keep an eye on your tire carrier... just in case.

Let's not forget said salesman blames the buyer when these things break [emoji52]

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
View attachment 189291

I have ocean from property for sale in Bakersfield. Hit me up

WJCO

Meme King
Which roads do you most commonly travel? Just want to make sure I'm far far away from them.

mdrums

Seriously...whats up with the hate?...There are lots of cool well made rear tire carriers and the Teraflex is one of them. Plenty of Jeeps run them around me with no know issues I've seen.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
Seriously...whats up with the hate?...There are lots of cool well made rear tire carriers and the Teraflex is one of them. Plenty of Jeeps run them around me with no know issues I've seen.

So because some of them are ok the rest that are cracked and breaking (with potential to kill someone) are ok?

That's pretty sound logic. Hope it's not one of your family members that tire hits and kills.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I wonder how many of these have failed compared to how many they have sold? Are there specific size tires they are failing at?

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
View attachment 189291

Really? Listening to Dennis' bullshit in their videos makes me want to throw my computer out of the window! I really like the look of the hinge but the cost is ridiculous and I'm not sure I'd trust it

Sharkey

Word Ninja

How is it hate to express concerns about a product that has shown itself to fail on more than one occasion and has the propensity to seriously injure or kill other people? I don't get it. :thinking:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass

If you consider having parts made in China made well..,

JAGS

Hooked
View attachment 189291
Ok so I have read that one thread about the guy whose Teraflex rear tire carrier started to crack on him but

You clearly need to do more research. Or you're dumb. Or both. But there are a LOT of reported issues with this carrier and not just here on this forum. So DONT claim this is wayalife only.

all of the videos that I watch about this tire carrier when you get the full system say you can run even up to a 40 inch tire without any problems and all I want to run is a 35 inch tire.

It's max rated to 37". If all you want is a 35, why not just stay stock or go with any other better and cheaper alternatives.

Ps. Dennis from Teraflex humor makes me want to buy it even more and now idk what to do

If only the only thing funny about Terabreak was Dennis.

All said, do what you want...your jeep. But us here, we look for quality and there are several threads with much more affordable and secure options.

nickram

Thought it was a cool system for what it was im still learning im only 18 but thanks for all of the input guys I will probably go with the evo!

Top Bottom