Need advice/help on Prorock 44 axle shafts

benatc1

Hooked
I'm close to purchasing a pr44 though Trailjeeps (shout out to them for a quick estimate) and I'd prefer to stay with u joint style chromoly shafts with full circle clips as I feel (and have read here) that it is all that is necessary. They quoted me for 35 spline ARB and rvc shafts and cited reasoning but I think I'd like to save some money on the shafts if possible. Does anyone know of a good 35 spline shaft I could order separate that will fit in just right and would I just need inner shafts and u joints or inner/outer shafts? Also if anyone thinks it's best to just do the rvc's or a different combo please let me know
I've search hard for this answer but keep coming up short so figured I'd start a thread before I got down to ordering. Thanks in advance

jeeeep

Hooked
I'm close to purchasing a pr44 though Trailjeeps (shout out to them for a quick estimate) and I'd prefer to stay with u joint style chromoly shafts with full circle clips as I feel (and have read here) that it is all that is necessary. They quoted me for 35 spline ARB and rvc shafts and cited reasoning but I think I'd like to save some money on the shafts if possible. Does anyone know of a good 35 spline shaft I could order separate that will fit in just right and would I just need inner shafts and u joints or inner/outer shafts? Also if anyone thinks it's best to just do the rvc's or a different combo please let me know
I've search hard for this answer but keep coming up short so figured I'd start a thread before I got down to ordering. Thanks in advance

I'd save the money on the rcv's, I think ten factory makes a 35 spline. Dynatrac now makes axle shafts, not sure if they offer a 35 spline.

I believe when you order they come with inner and outer and u-joints, my ten factory came as a full assembly

Sithwindu

I'd save the money on the rcv's, I think ten factory makes a 35 spline. Dynatrac now makes axle shafts, not sure if they offer a 35 spline.

I believe when you order they come with inner and outer and u-joints, my ten factory came as a full assembly

Revolution gear and axle also makes a 35 spline front and rear for Dana 44's. Also make them for the arb prorock44's

Benito

Caught the Bug
When I was ordering my PR44 from trail jeeps, I asked about future upgradability, Wes said they recommend the RCVs because they fit better with the ARB RD157 that is used when you have a PR44 that you can swap rubi 44 internals into, I believe G2 has started offering 35 spline shafts for this setup, I am not sure. This thread has useful information regarding ARB options and shafts

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?31102-PR44-Questions

benatc1

Hooked

Thank you, I think saving the $ will be best, I'll call around to these companies and see what I can come up with for a 35 spline axle for the arb/pr44

benatc1

Hooked
Revolution gear and axle also makes a 35 spline front and rear for Dana 44's. Also make them for the arb prorock44's

I'll definitely check out revolution, I was looking at their bolt in ready rear axle shaft/bearing kit as well. Thank you

benatc1

Hooked
When I was ordering my PR44 from trail jeeps, I asked about future upgradability, Wes said they recommend the RCVs because they fit better with the ARB RD157 that is used when you have a PR44 that you can swap rubi 44 internals into, I believe G2 has started offering 35 spline shafts for this setup, I am not sure. This thread has useful information regarding ARB options and shafts

http://wayalife.com/showthread.php?31102-PR44-Questions

Thank you, what did you end up doing with your build? 32 spline ARB so you could re-use shafts?

Was also thinking switching ARB to a different spline so I could have more accessibility to different axles (seem easier to get my hands on) any thoughts anyone?

chili84

Congrats on your PR44! I just installed mine this weekend. It sounds like you're doing the install yourself? It's really easy when you have some friends helping out. Eddie did a great write up too for the front end alignment. Enjoy!!

benatc1

Hooked
Congrats on your PR44! I just installed mine this weekend. It sounds like you're doing the install yourself? It's really easy when you have some friends helping out. Eddie did a great write up too for the front end alignment. Enjoy!!

Thanks! yes I will be doing just install myself, I'll be sure to check out that write up, thanks for the advice

chili84

Thanks! yes I will be doing just install myself, I'll be sure to check out that write up, thanks for the advice

Do you have sway bar quick disconnects? If so the passenger side has a trick to getting it set. Remove the pin and take it out, slide it into the sway bar link then slide the thread part back into the bracket. Otherwise it hits against the bracket on the steering stabilizer.

benatc1

Hooked
Do you have sway bar quick disconnects? If so the passenger side has a trick to getting it set. Remove the pin and take it out, slide it into the sway bar link then slide the thread part back into the bracket. Otherwise it hits against the bracket on the steering stabilizer.

Yes I do, JKS discos, kinda forgot about them with the install, thanks for the tip, even though I have a good bit of know how I'd probably be scratching my head on that one! Do the discos have any issues coming off once you get the pins installed?

chili84

Yes I do, JKS discos, kinda forgot about them with the install, thanks for the tip, even though I have a good bit of know how I'd probably be scratching my head on that one! Do the discos have any issues coming off once you get the pins installed?

I don't have the jks style. I have what came with my teraflex lift. I want to go with the jks style though. It's still a disconnect just not a quick one lol.

Attachments

• 1456153671654.jpg
    1456153671654.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 129

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
I don't have the jks style. I have what came with my teraflex lift. I want to go with the jks style though. It's still a disconnect just not a quick one lol.

The jks one is flat on the passenger side to make it so it's still a quick disco and it doesn't interfere like the teraflex one does

benatc1

Hooked

I'm real happy with the JKS, takes longer to secure the sway bar then it does to take them off. Also what cozdude said, there is more room.

jsum87

I'm gonna follow this thread. I'm in the same situation. Looking to order a PR44 but not sure what internals I can use. Does anyone know if I can use my D30 Synergy high steer with tie rod on the PR44?

Heholua

Thank you, what did you end up doing with your build? 32 spline ARB so you could re-use shafts?

Was also thinking switching ARB to a different spline so I could have more accessibility to different axles (seem easier to get my hands on) any thoughts anyone?

ARB only makes a 35 spline locker for the PR44 that takes the Rubi internals.

Heholua

I'm gonna follow this thread. I'm in the same situation. Looking to order a PR44 but not sure what internals I can use. Does anyone know if I can use my D30 Synergy high steer with tie rod on the PR44?

No internals can be swapped over from a D30, but your externals can, like knuckles and brakes.

benatc1

Hooked

I actually just asked Wes that same question, as soon as I hear back I'll let you know. My guess is no issues as long as your reusing the stock knuckles (i am) may need an alignment but otherwise should be the same. Unsure with aftermarket knuckles, I'm having the raised trackbar bracket welded on which should take care of my track bar and steering stabilizer.

benatc1

Hooked
Going to push the order through tomorrow when I get back to town, Wes is hooking me up with a set of G2 gold 35spline to match the 35 spline ARB in place of the RVCs

Benito

Caught the Bug

I'm sticking with my Rubi locker and ten factory chromoly shafts

Top Bottom