EVO Leveler Installed

phi502

Unless I am seeing this wrong, you gained over an 1" in the back? I thought this kit raised the back .75".
Did you install anything else? I have considered this kit as well. I was concerned .75" would not be enough. But yours looks great.

whytiptoe

Unless I am seeing this wrong, you gained over an 1" in the back? I thought this kit raised the back .75".
Did you install anything else? I have considered this kit as well. I was concerned .75" would not be enough. But yours looks great.

No this is just the kit parts which is two springs as well as two spacers. This kit offers more then just the 1.5 that it calls out for. I really like it and have no issues, did not need to do an alignment or have a hard ride. If you are considering this I would not hesitate one bit to get this and install.

phi502

No this is just the kit parts which is two springs as well as two spacers. This kit offers more then just the 1.5 that it calls out for. I really like it and have no issues, did not need to do an alignment or have a hard ride. If you are considering this I would not hesitate one bit to get this and install.

I was really leaning toward the Teraflex kit, but now I may have to rethink this.

So when you install the rear spacer, did you leave the factory isolator in?
Thanks man.

USMC Wrangler

I was really leaning toward the Teraflex kit, but now I may have to rethink this.

Thanks man.

Yes, the factory isolator needs to be used. Results vary based on what rear springs you have from the factory and what bumpers you're running. I had to put a 1.75" spacer in the rear with my current setup.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456247898.596784.jpg

whytiptoe

Thanks man.

As USMC said you do leave factory isolate in and results will be different. I have a 2016 JKUR HR so I'm not sure what you are running. Once I put my winch and stinger on the front the jeep should sit perfect front to back.

phi502

As USMC said you do leave factory isolate in and results will be different. I have a 2016 JKUR HR so I'm not sure what you are running. Once I put my winch and stinger on the front the jeep should sit perfect front to back.

I have a 16 JKUR HR as well, with the 18/59 springs. So yours gives me a nice visual. I just can't wrap my head around how a .75" spacer gives more than an inch of lift. I guess I am overthinking it.

Thanks guys

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
I just can't wrap my head around how a .75" spacer gives more than an inch of lift. I guess I am overthinking it.

How do you figure?

The front of the EVO level kit is their 2 in springs, which may give you a little less or more depending on front bumper/winch combo. The rear is the coil spacer and should give you whatever the coil spacer is as long as nothing else is changed on the rear.

phi502

How do you figure?

The front of the EVO level kit is their 2 in springs, which may give you a little less or more depending on front bumper/winch combo. The rear is the coil spacer and should give you whatever the coil spacer is as long as nothing else is changed on the rear.

This is my point. Again, unless I am not seeing the photos correctly, the photo showing the space between the rear tire and the rear fender flare is showing over 1 inch increase. If a .75" spacer was added to the back, I would expect that dimension to be .75". I understand the front will be lifted 2+ inches.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
This is my point. Again, unless I am not seeing the photos correctly, the photo showing the space between the rear tire and the rear fender flare is showing over 1 inch increase. If a .75" spacer was added to the back, I would expect that dimension to be .75". I understand the front will be lifted 2+ inches.

Ah ok, thats where you got it. Sorry, I really didn't look at those pics too closely. You don't want to really go by the fender flare to determine lift height really. Also if you look at the pics, the angle is slightly different in them. For the rear, you want to measure from the base of the bump stop to the plate that it hits on the axle. By base I mean the part of the frame where it attaches. You have to know the stock measurement of that also.

If Im wrong, somebody please correct me.

phi502

Ah ok, thats where you got it. Sorry, I really didn't look at those pics too closely. You don't want to really go by the fender flare to determine lift height really. Also if you look at the pics, the angle is slightly different in them. For the rear, you want to measure from the base of the bump stop to the plate that it hits on the axle. By base I mean the part of the frame where it attaches. You have to know the stock measurement of that also.

If Im wrong, somebody please correct me.

Thanks, thats what I was starting to think. That makes a lot more sense.

Either way, I like the look. I believe this has just gone back on my wish list haha.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
Either way, I like the look. I believe this has just gone back on my wish list haha.

Definitely. I'm still workin on the wife to get another four door for her. This kit, wheel spacers, and 33s will go on it as soon as I can get them on it. LOL.

Napalm

How does the ride quality compare to stock with the "plush" springs now?

I posted this in my build thread for my 2014 JKU last year with a detailed description of ride quality. Hopefully it gives you kind of a feel for it since there isn't a lot of reviews for this kit.

"I've now driven on the Evo plush ride coils for about 96 hours and a little over 100 miles.

My current impressions are : excellent. This is a wonderful budget boost lift for someone looking to get a level stance back after adding a heavy front bumper to the rear. What you don't realize that you are getting in the package, is a huge, and I will re emphasize, HUGE, increase in ride quality and overall drivability of your JK. My JK feels, drives, and turns awesome.

My favorite part of this upgrade you ask? Having the level Jeep again that I lost majorly after adding my Evo 1/4 stinger to the front. It just feels much more like an off road vehicle again. As far as the springs settling, after we put on the springs, we measured 38inchs at the side of the fender. 4 days later after 100 miles of driving and we are still at 38". I'll keep this updated as to how much we settle if any at all.

A huge improvement for the price, just a little over $200 dollars. There are a lot of budget boost lifts on the market, and the reason why I choose this one was due to the quality of EVO parts. Definitely a great buy :) "

Top Bottom