Automatic transmission line clips

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
The top one doesn't look like its fully seated. If you look on the bottom side of the clip, you can see space between it and the line where it goes in.

I cant tell on the bottom one.

ScoobyCarolanNC

The top one doesn't look like its fully seated. If you look on the bottom side of the clip, you can see space between it and the line where it goes in.

I cant tell on the bottom one.

Appreciate it. They're definitely weird. The clips are flat on the sides and not curved.

mudmobeeler

Caught the Bug
As long as the "prongs" are behind the flared out part of the line you should be fine. I've never had one of the plastic rings not go back on though unless the clips weren't in.

jeeeep

Hooked
Is this how these e-clip fittings should look? I can't get the protector around them? Should I stop worrying?

View attachment 189269

I just pulled my front lines and the clips should seat fully in the groove.

the clips fit from the back, open end forward - you need to spin them around. once you do that the front of the clip will seat in the open slot and the back side will slip into the grove that you can't see. Once seated, the plastic retainer covers will fit properly.

my hands were covered in transmission fluid so I didn't take a pic but can take one tomorrow if you like.

I also notice you've got different looking clips than I do

Top Bottom