Evo bolton coilover questions

greenenvey

Hi I just ordered a set of bolton coilovers for my 2 door, I've been reading about coilovers unloading on steep climbes. I've never ran coilovers before so they are totally new to me. Should I expect to have unloading issues, we do have several steep climbes were we wheel. If this is the case what have you done to cure this problem limit straps ect? Any imfo on this would really be appreciated thank you.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The Evo bolt ons are pre valved for you to offer a smooth ride both on and off road. I have had some steep climbs in my 2 door with them and have not seen them unload at all due to already being valved. I wouldn't worry about it

greenenvey

That's good to hear thanks, I just remember reading about someone that has the same coilovers on his two door that was having alot of issues with it.. Thanks for the reply

Grubbicon

If you feel like it is unloading and its causing a problem you can run a winch on the front to suck the front end down. Thats a fairly easy remedy.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
That's good to hear thanks, I just remember reading about someone that has the same coilovers on his two door that was having alot of issues with it.. Thanks for the reply

If it's on the internet it has to be true.

I highly doubt it's unloading enough to worry about it.

greenenvey

If it's on the internet it has to be true.

I highly doubt it's unloading enough to worry about it.

Well It not a isolated case of only one individual claiming this, in a four door with a longer wheelbase it may not me as noticeable, but if you research it there are plenty of people dealing with this on a 2 door. I'm not saying it's a issue with the evo Bolton's but it's not uncommon with coilovers in general when you talk to people that run them. I'd I did mild climbs I wouldn't even bother asking , but we have some very steep stuff out here.

Evil

If you set your CO's up properly, you will not have this issue. You will have slight unload on a properly set up suspension but it will be so minimal you will not notice it. There is a slight science to setting up coil overs. :beer:

Top Bottom