Need help with moms jeep

whytiptoe

Mom just had the passenger restraint recall performed on her jeep. Upon completion of this recall her jeep now runs extremely rough and will die at stoplights. Not sure what they could have done when they changed out the module. They say all they did was remove the negative battery cable. IMG_3789.jpeg 2003 is her year.

thardy

Banned
They are saying is nothing that they caused. Don't understand how it went in fine and now it runs poorly

What kind of connections are underneath the center console that could've caused something like this

With an older vehicle, it really could just be coincidence. Not saying that it is, but it's not out of the question. Based on your description it sounds like it would be something fuel or spark related. Are there any engine lights?

whytiptoe

With an older vehicle, it really could just be coincidence. Not saying that it is, but it's not out of the question. Based on your description it sounds like it would be something fuel or spark related. Are there any engine lights?

I do completely agree it could have just happened and bad timing for the dealership. I just know that this jeep has been maintained well, not great, but not poor at the same time. They are currently no codes and the only thing they did was disconnect the negative, pull apart the center console change a part, put it back together and connect the battery back. Also my mom said at idle the voltage is reading under 9V which is also no good. Going to have her get the battery checked at orileys and see if they may have accidentally shorted out the battery.

thardy

Banned
I do completely agree it could have just happened and bad timing for the dealership. I just know that this jeep has been maintained well, not great, but not poor at the same time. They are currently no codes and the only thing they did was disconnect the negative, pull apart the center console change a part, put it back together and connect the battery back. Also my mom said at idle the voltage is reading under 9V which is also no good. Going to have her get the battery checked at orileys and see if they may have accidentally shorted out the battery.

It's possible that they killed the battery.

holliewood61

Even with a bad battery the alternator should produce 14v. Id lean more towards the alternator being bad, and the jeep just running off battery power. Under 12v isnt enough to support all the electronics and would cause her poor running problem.

WJCO

Meme King
Check around the new hitch. It looks like they did the hitch recall. The hitch supports on the WJs go around both sides of the fuel tank in the rear. Check the wiring, etc back there. If you can, find out if they dropped the tank to do the hitch at all. They could have pulled a wire or something. I would lean toward that more than the airbag recall. Your concern seems related to fuel. If it's nothing obvious, I would get it back there immediately so you at least have it on record that it occurred right after they worked on it.

Top Bottom