Budget boost

Ismel7981

I am interested in installing a budget boost and have noticed that some come with sock extensions and extended links and some kits just come with the rubber polyurethane pucks only. My question is do any of you guys have a budget boost with the pucks only. If I'm not looking to do any serious crawling can I get away with just installing the pucks? Your insight on this is appreciated.

That should be fine. Only issue could be your front sway bar links. Sport or rubi?

Edit: misread your post. The shock extensions will help maintain your suspension travel (droop).

Last edited:

stormtroopedjk

If you want a fairly cheap lift kit.. Look into the procomp 2.5 inch lift. It's what I run and it's amazing. Little stiff but not horrible. I believe I payed 530 bucks for it? Comes with everything you need as well. ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456277282.845702.jpg

Jern26

For what it's worth I got my quadratec brand 2.5" lift for like $420 (pretty sure it's really made by skyjacker - same shock numbers stamped on the tubes...)

Came with 4 coils, nitro shocks, rear track bar bracket, bump stops f/r and brake line brackets. Almost a year of daily driving on it so far (including a salty pa winter) and no issues at all, still looks and rides like the day I put it on.

Springs are super soft - shocks kind of stiff though. But def something to look into!

KJ_CJtoJK

I think you will be okay with pucks only if you do not disconnect the sway bar.

I started with a 1.75" Daystar budget boost and it worked with 35" tires as long as I did not disconnect the sway bar. With the sway bar disconnected the tires would rub top of fender. I only checked this condition once and then added bump stop extensions - which is very critical since you do not want to over-compress the springs (bump stop extensions should match the lift height so springs are not over-compressed). I later added the shock extensions to get full available articulation, but then I needed to add the rear brake line extension bracket. Ended up using all the parts that come in the Teraflex budget boost.

After adding a steel bumper and winch, I added a 0.75" puck on top of the 1.75" to adjust for sag (so I ended up with 2.5" total puck height in front).

Last edited:

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I'm running the 1.75" day star BB with 33s and it has performed pretty well. It would definitely benefit from stock extensions or longer shocks but I only put it in because I got it super cheap used. The front coils go solid at full bump disconnected so we'll see how long they last.

cozdude

Guy with a Red 2-Door
The best way to keep the factory ride is to do a BB that has pucks and shock extensions. The kit that I would suggest is the teraflex bb kit w/ shock extensions. That being said this is the only thing I suggest you get from teraflex lol

crowrb29

I've had the 2.5 inch Teraflez budget boost for a couple years. Flexes really well for what it is. I've not had any issues with it. It's a great little kit for a decent price and one of the more complete ones out there.

Ismel7981

Thanks for the input guys, I am getting a deal on a budget boost but it doesn't come with the extended shock mounts and and that's why I asked if I can use it without those parts.

Ismel7981

I'm running the 1.75" day star BB with 33s and it has performed pretty well. It would definitely benefit from stock extensions or longer shocks but I only put it in because I got it super cheap used. The front coils go solid at full bump disconnected so we'll see how long they last.

Did you feel a big difference on the daily drive with and without the shock extension?

professorkx

I've installed 4 Rough Country 2.5 kits on my two jeeps, a friends jeep and my brothers jeep that cost $139, and no complaints. I swapped to king shocks on my Jeep a few months ago as the stock Rubi shocks were awful and my Rubicon X is like driving a whole different Jeep...

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
Did you feel a big difference on the daily drive with and without the shock extension?

I haven't added extensions or new shocks yet, but with just the daystar kit it rides exactly like stock. I thought I would feel the difference in COG but didn't

KJ_CJtoJK

I ran my Daystar 1.75" budget boost for a about a year before I added the shock extensions. There is no difference on the daily drive. The only difference is at extreme off road articulation with the sway bar disconnected where you can get an additional 2.5" of axle drop before you hang the tire in the air (with 2.5" shock extensions).

Top Bottom