MOAB...my first time....be gentle.

Joe Verastegui

so there's my Baby........the tires are 84" from outer to outer, no mud flaps very little fender ( basically none in front , obviously). Will I be pulled over in Moab?

Attachments

• 20151114_063443.jpg
    20151114_063443.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 331
  • 20150824_152227.jpg
    20150824_152227.jpg
    127.8 KB · Views: 331
The rules on vehicles kinda go out the window during EJS week... people unload their buggies and drive them all around Moab during EJS week, most of which don't even have taillights. The event brings so much revenue to Grand County that they really just look the other way during the event.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
The rules on vehicles kinda go out the window during EJS week... people unload their buggies and drive them all around Moab during EJS week, most of which don't even have taillights. The event brings so much revenue to Grand County that they really just look the other way during the event.

Have you ever been? I've seen quite a few people pulled over there.

Linebacker

Caught the Bug
For what it's worth, I went to MOAB for the first time last April with a mostly stock JKUR, but saw lots of JK's with little or no fenders. They were on the trail and on main street. Didn't see any being hassled by the local constabulary. Looks like your JK is ready to enjoy Moab. It's a great place.

greenenvey

I've seen lots of jeeps in moab that wernt Street legal running around, I've not seen anyone have issues during ejs.

Joe Verastegui

I've seen lots of jeeps in moab that wernt Street legal running around, I've not seen anyone have issues during ejs.

Thank you, I forgot that I read that those little "Razors" or John Deere buggies or Can Am things are legal on the city streets in the city limits ....so why not a badass built up Jeep ? I'm not worried anymore....

Joe Verastegui

For what it's worth, I went to MOAB for the first time last April with a mostly stock JKUR, but saw lots of JK's with little or no fenders. They were on the trail and on main street. Didn't see any being hassled by the local constabulary. Looks like your JK is ready to enjoy Moab. It's a great place.

Thanks, yes I had forgotten that even those little Can Am things "razors" and "raptors" are legal on the streets of Moab so I'm pretty much not worried anymore

Joe Verastegui

Thanks, yes I forgot about those being street legal.....in Moab only

professorkx

My son has those fenders on his jeep and drove from Washington to Moab in November, wheeled for a week, then back home through Colorado and was never bothered. In fact, it's his daily driver and has never been bothered anywhere.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Legal on the streets in Nevada? Without plates, blinkers, or the appropriate lights? That's a new one on me. Are you sure about that?

Edit: I just checked the laws (new in 2014) and they are very specific about where you can drive. Also, you have to have registration and insurance.

Last edited:

MTG

Caught the Bug
Legal on the streets in Nevada? Without plates, blinkers, or the appropriate lights? That's a new one on me. Are you sure about that?

Probably more like the difference between being legal vs. unenforced. I've seen quite a few "illegal" rigs driving around Virginia City. The police just stopped and talked to them.

Desert Crawler

OK....I will admit to being ignorant on what the book of law says. But in Virginia City you can drive these everywhere without consequences. They drive on the roads on a daily basis with only a smile and a wave from the local badges. I'm sure it is an enforcement issue, because they do not harass dirt bikes either as long as your not being an ass on one. If it happens to be Grand Prix weekend that doesn't even apply. But if you wanted to break out the book, most of our Jeeps would not meet the "legal" requirements when it comes to things like tire coverage/mud flaps. I have seen those items enforced in neighboring states, but never in NV.

Top Bottom