Gears gears gears!!!!!!

acamp75

Hey!!!!! So after having my JKURHR for two days while I was out of town, my brother went out and bought a white one to be the salt to my pepper, now we can go wheeling together!!!! His lift and carrier, tires and wheels go on this week, he and I are both stoked!!!! W even went a scratched them both up this past weekend!!!!

OK so to the question that I have. We both have a 2016 JKURHR, 4.5" AEV RS DS lift, auto trans, 4.10 in the axles and 35's. We want to regear and have been looking and need some advice. I have read that anywhere from 4.56-5.13 would be a good match. I do not drive this jeep everyday, but I do put some miles on it when I am in town. I plan to take it out wheeling a lot, and my brother will be doing a lot of the same, but he will use his as an almost daily driver. I can't go down the highway at 80 without being in 4th gear, it shifts to 5th, but only briefly. I am afraid that 5.13 will be too steep, but love the idea of better power, but I do not want to gamble and lose either way.

Thanks for the help

croge17

I have 4.56 on 35's now with my 2013 auto.

If you have an auto go 5.13. My 5.13s are in the mail. I run 75 mph with the 4.56 gears at ~2750rpm hit a incline it hunts for gears. By the math going to a 5.13 gear should put me slightly over 3000rpm at 75mph. We wil see though. I cant stand a trans having to hunt for gears on unloaded hiway trips so I vote go deeper than you think.

acamp75

I have 4.56 on 35's now with my 2013 auto.

If you have an auto go 5.13. My 5.13s are in the mail. I run 75 mph with the 4.56 gears at ~2750rpm hit a incline it hunts for gears. By the math going to a 5.13 gear should put me slightly over 3000rpm at 75mph. We wil see though. I cant stand a trans having to hunt for gears on unloaded hiway trips so I vote go deeper than you think.

When you get them in please update me as to what you find. This is the way that I am leaning but want some actual real time feedback, I can read a ratio chart all day long, but it still isn't real time. Thank you for an honest reply. Also where did you get your gears from and are you getting the install kit with them? I know G2 has the full set and master install kit for around $850.

WarriorJeep

I'm currently running 4:88 in my JKURHR with heavy ass 35" general grabbers and doing so problem free. Drop me a PM and your welcome to test it for yourself to see if you feel you need taller or shorter gears. I'll be running 37's after EJS and don't anticipate a problem. Oh BTW mine Is automatic

I stuffed 4:88's in as I intend to run...larger than 37" tires eventually

Jeep Feb 2015 .jpg

Last edited:

swampdog

When you get them in please update me as to what you find. This is the way that I am leaning but want some actual real time feedback, I can read a ratio chart all day long, but it still isn't real time. Thank you for an honest reply. Also where did you get your gears from and are you getting the install kit with them? I know G2 has the full set and master install kit for around $850.

You can find them much cheaper than that...

Coop

Caught the Bug
A lot of folks I have wheeled with run the 4.10 you already have with 35's, no problem. Especially the JKUR's.

10frank9

Web Wheeler
Go 4.88 with 35's and an auto tranny. I just went from stock 4.10's to 5.13's on 37's and am very pleased.

mo0s3

I'm currently running 4:88 in my JKURHR with heavy ass 35" general grabbers and doing so problem free. Drop me a PM and your welcome to test it for yourself to see if you feel you need taller or shorter gears. I'll be running 37's after EJS and don't anticipate a problem. Oh BTW mine Is automatic

I stuffed 4:88's in as I intend to run...larger than 37" tires eventually

View attachment 190014

I did the same exact thing. 4:88 was a great purchase for me [emoji16]

Top Bottom