40s Turning Radius

pa4567

Hi guys !

It's my first post here but been following you for a long time.
I'm about to make some big change but I have a little question for which I never been able to get an answer :)

Considering stock axle width, ATX Beadlock Slabs (BS 3.5") and EVO Bolt-On Coilover adjusted for a 4-5" lift, how bad I'll lose turning radius if I want to avoid rubbing on frame with 40s ?
I already understand that I must trim hard the fender well and adjust my bumpstop. I just want to know if I will end up with a turning radius of a double cab Pickup. :)

If that matters, I have a 2 doors.

Thanks and happy Holiday everyone :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Considering you really should also be running a 60 to turn your 40's, yeah, your turning radius won't be the greatest.

pa4567

Yeah sure, I have a PR44 front and PR60 Rear. Wanted to go with a Front PR60 also but they didn't come in stock width.
To remains street legal I can't afford that extra width from my axle.

I know I'll lose turning radius for sure but do you know if it will be decent ? :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah sure, I have a PR44 front and PR60 Rear. Wanted to go with a Front PR60 also but they didn't come in stock width.
To remains street legal I can't afford that extra width from my axle.

Not that I know of. There are two sizes offered but one is intended for wheels with less backspacing and one for more. Neither are stock width and really, I really don't think you could run 40's on one without having to make considerable adjustments to your steering stops to prevent your tire lugs from tearing your Jeep apart at a full turn.

I know I'll lose turning radius for sure but do you know if it will be decent ? :)

It's okay, about what you would get on a full size truck.

pa4567

Like everytime, your advice is really valuable !

Is Moby have it's turning radius reduce even with full width axle (68.5"?) ?
Can't seems to find if you run spacers, read that you at least used to be :)

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Like everytime, your advice is really valuable !

Is Moby have it's turning radius reduce even with full width axle (68.5"?) ?
Can't seems to find if you run spacers, read that you at least used to be :)

Unfortunately, yes, our turning radius is less even with a full width axle. No spacers are being used, it's just the nature of the beast.

mkjeep

Junkyard Dog
I have stock width axles, 4.5bs 17x8 rims, 1.5 spidertrax( puts me at 3.0 bs) , 4in tera lift w/1in spacers, 6 washers on my steering stops and still rub the frame.:eek: Guess I wont solve it till I get wider axles.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
I have stock width axles, 4.5bs 17x8 rims, 1.5 spidertrax( puts me at 3.0 bs) , 4in tera lift w/1in spacers, 6 washers on my steering stops and still rub the frame.:eek: Guess I wont solve it till I get wider axles.

Thanks for chiming in mkjeep. I was wondering how things worked out on your JK with its new 40's. I appreciate the input from first hand experience :yup:

mkjeep

Junkyard Dog
Thanks for chiming in mkjeep. I was wondering how things worked out on your JK with its new 40's. I appreciate the input from first hand experience :yup:

Well only of roading I've done is crawl through the big ditch in front of my house to flex it and see where it rubbed or I needed to trim. Other than that just road miles. I went ahead and got 40s cause I needed new tires badly and was trying to plan ahead for future big mods this year since the jk is paid for now.

wayoflife

Administrator
Staff member
Well only of roading I've done is crawl through the big ditch in front of my house to flex it and see where it rubbed or I needed to trim. Other than that just road miles. I went ahead and got 40s cause I needed new tires badly and was trying to plan ahead for future big mods this year since the jk is paid for now.

:clap2: WooHoo!! Let the big mods commence :thumb:

pa4567

Guess I'll try to add some spidertrax into it to help. :)
If cops find it's too much It's way easier to remove spacers than to redo an axle swap :p

Thanks for the inputs.

mkjeep

Junkyard Dog
Guess I'll try to add some spidertrax into it to help. :)
If cops find it's too much It's way easier to remove spacers than to redo an axle swap :p

Thanks for the inputs.

Let us know how it works. My prob is the whole tire across the tread rubs the frame, not just the edge.

Top Bottom