Time has come......for new front axle

Marvinmwjt

With over 8 years and 110k on the D30, the time has come for a new front. Going with a Tera44 and ARB. It is currently being built at a local shop. I have beat the laws of averages by this axle lasting this long. The first 4 years was 410's and 35's and the last 4 with 513's and 37's and locked. I have a big trip planned the first of June that will include Colorado and then Moab for a week. Can't wait.

Marvinmwjt

I can't wait. The 30 held up is all I can say. Ball joints and unit bearings once every 1.5-2 years, multiple axleshafts, gusseted and sleeved and locked. Also going with RCV's. This is my daily driver and drives to and from the trails. IMG_107568458077746.jpeg

Marvinmwjt

Multiple research and engineering research and not much difference between a Tera and dyna. Tera tube are slightly stronger.

nickram

Wanna b friends marvin? I have a Teraflex lift. lol we can cry on each others shoulders every time someone trashes our fully functional parts after we spent our hard earned money on them

highoctane

Caught the Bug
I'd also like to see this Teraflex front axle that is stronger than the 1/2" wall Dynatrac axle tubes. Teraflex is cheaper, yes, but stronger? That's wishful thinking.

epetry

If they can't build a tire Carrier why would they be capable of building axles.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457317787.237708.jpg

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457317505.181916.jpg
    ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1457317505.181916.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 413

cmireles

1/2" -1/2"? 3.25 tube is stronger than 3".

Half inch wall on a 3 inch tube is still stronger than a quarter inch on a 3.25 inch tube. Also, sometimes it's not just the numbers. It's the quality of construction.

That said, it was your choice so best of luck with your product and I hope you don't have any issues.

Marvinmwjt

^^^^Didn't spend much time on the Internet today? I was online for less than 5 minutes today and that isn't nearly the "stupidest" shit I've read all day.

jagrubb99

1/2" -1/2"? 3.25 tube is stronger than 3".

I myself do not run any dynatrac products, but from all the real world experience, stats, and information regarding where/how these axles are made, despite your beliefs and "information," the dynatrac pr44 or any of their axles for that matter, are much stronger than any terrorflez product out there. For one, dynatrac axles are 100% hand made with 100% American products by some of the most experienced and knowledgeable fabricators/engineers in the off-road world. Compare that to terrorflez axles made from a lower grade steel overseas by cheap unskilled laborers and weak welds. Also, correct me if I am wrong, but to my knowledge dynatrac has NEVER had to warranty a single axle housing they have ever sold, meaning no one has ever been able to damage or break their housing out on the trail. I have seen evidence of control arms, tire carriers, and even their oh so superior axle housings break in half on multiple occasions. Please do not be offended as I am just trying to point out that you have fallen victim to a sales pitch and bought into a product that is far inferior to dynatrac's. Good luck with your axle.

Top Bottom