Another Old Jeeper Story

Graywolf

Fordyce 08 09.jpg Fordyce 08 09 1.jpg Old Jeep 001.jpg Old Jeep 002.jpg New Camper and Jeep 003.jpg Moab Jeep 003.jpg Hunting Jeep with animal removal system 004.jpg Started out with a 86 CJ7 bought new(6/10ths of a mile on it) did the jeepers jamboree in 87. Was hooked from that point on. The picture of it in stock condition is a picture of a poster we had made while on the jamboree. It was taken at the top of the little sluice. Ten years later it looked like the second picture. Also a picture of a poster that was made durning a poker run. The last picture of it was just before I sold it. As you can see, my wife and I had put a lot of work and money into it. We did the Rubicon at lest 3 times a year and Fordyce 2 or 3 times. At the time we lived in Foresthill Ca. So it was a 2 hr back road drive to the Loon lake trail head. It was a 45 min. drive to the Fordyce trail head at Cisco Grove. We have travled and camped all over the Western and Eastern Seirra's and Moab for the last 26 yrs. We sold the jeep to a young couple with 4 boy's. They are having a ball with it. Now we have the new 2012 JK Rubicon Unlimited 4dr. 4" lift and 35's with a Warn 8000lb winch. We haven't had a chance to wheel it, except for snow wheeling while hunting. But we will be doing a Moab trip and a Rubicon trip this summer and hopefully we will get down to Johnson Valley and Panimint Valley this next late summer early fall. Living in Idaho makes it a bit tough to take the 90 + weather in the Southwest. Hope we can meet up with some of you guys when we are down there. We are retired, so we have really been enjoying being able to hit the trails when they are not so crowded. We also bought a motorhome at the same time we got the new JK. So really looking forward to hanging out on the lake bed in Johson Valley. :D

Top Bottom