Trying Again - Air Deflectors, Worth the Money?

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Howdy,

Yesterday, I referred to air dams when I should have, more correctly, said air deflector.

Locally, eyeballing it, seems about 10% of JKs have an air deflector on their hood. Question for you: Are they worth it? Never seem to hear anybody comment one way or the other. Do they actually have a meaningful benefit, especially as regards air turbulence?

?

CJW

My dad has one on his. I don't. He seems to get about 2% less bug guts on his windshield. I don't think they help on a JK.

Howdy,

Yesterday, I referred to air dams when I should have, more correctly, said air deflector.

Locally, eyeballing it, seems about 10% of JKs have an air deflector on their hood. Question for you: Are they worth it? Never seem to hear anybody comment one way or the other. Do they actually have a meaningful benefit, especially as regards air turbulence?

?

Got a picture? I have no idea what your talking about...lol. without seeing it, im gonna say no benefit. Waste of money.

USMMA11NC

Caught the Bug
Got a picture? I have no idea what your talking about...lol. without seeing it, im gonna say no benefit. Waste of money.
I think he's referring to this:
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456678256.125792.jpg
(Pic taken from the Google hivemind)

I personally don't think that it's worth it.

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
So far, responses seem to be from folks that have no direct experience. Anybody actually have one and care to share their thoughts?

Dopey84

Only thing it has been helpful with to a point is rock chips on edge of hood aside from that pointless

benatc1

Hooked
My JK had one on it when I bought it. First thing I did when I got home was take it off, hated the look, but they don't do anything either

jtpedersen

Caught the Bug
Why bother? Maybe beaused you asked a question....did i not answer it? And is it not the same answer youve gotten from everybody else?

Is there a head-shaking icon?

A response born from complete self-acknowledged ignorance, isn't an answer.

jagrubb99

An response born from complete self-acknowledged ignorance, isn't an answer.

If you want one, nobody is keeping you from getting it because it's apparent your mind is set on your preconceptions of buying one. No one has posted a single benefit from installing one with PERSONAL experience, so based on what I have seen from their PERSONAL experiences they are a waste of money. Plus they are ugly. But if it makes you happy then by all means, no one is keeping you from getting one

speed3d

Howdy,

?

I think it depends where you live. I live in a river town and have a ten mile drive following the river to get home. The bugs are so bad certain times of the year that the windshield was so covered the last couple miles is far from safe. With the deflector I don't have that problem. I also haven't got a windshield chip since I got it- but don't know if that's just coincidence. There are also a lot of gravel roads around here, so I have always put them on my trucks because of chips in the paint on the front of the hood- salted roads will eat a hood real quick once rust gets started.

OverlanderJK

Resident Smartass
I think it depends where you live. I live in a river town and have a ten mile drive following the river to get home. The bugs are so bad certain times of the year that the windshield was so covered the last couple miles is far from safe. With the deflector I don't have that problem. I also haven't got a windshield chip since I got it- but don't know if that's just coincidence. There are also a lot of gravel roads around here, so I have always put them on my trucks because of chips in the paint on the front of the hood- salted roads will eat a hood real quick once rust gets started.

Bugs steer clear when they see a vehicle with a wind deflector? Good to know, I didn't think bugs were that smart.

A response born from complete self-acknowledged ignorance, isn't an answer.
I dont see why your in such disbelief at my response. I clearly said show a picture so that i know what your talking about...And if it is what i think your talking about, yes its a waste. Seems pretty straight forward to me...

Top Bottom