More power...

JK Pleepleus

So, I have a 2008 JKU man. trans with 115,000 miles, bought it used with 70,000 miles. My problem/question is this: Being it has the 3.8 motor it is definitely a slug, not bad in the winter when I run stock size tires but come spring and I put the 33's back on it is just horrible. I also have to run up and down hills on the interstate on my commute to work. Can I put a supercharger on a motor that has this many miles on it, safely? also, there is a little bit of oil usage between oil changes, would this be affected by the supercharger. My wife has 2015 JK and I love driving it because of the motor, but we haven't gotten to putting bigger tires on it yet..
thanks for suggestions and help...

aldaman

Your best bet is to regear to compensate for the larger tire size. That will give you back the power / torque you have lost. Do a search on super chargers and you will find that adding one is more of a headache than a benefit.

JK Pleepleus

thanks,

Thanks for the input, wasn't sure if regearing would work as I have a manual transmission and just tend to drop a gear as I climb hills, etc.

jeeeep

Hooked
as mentioned, regearing is the best thing you can do to get you back in the powerband. once you get it done you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner

BamBamDeer

Your best bet is to regear to compensate for the larger tire size. That will give you back the power / torque you have lost. Do a search on super chargers and you will find that adding one is more of a headache than a benefit.

as mentioned, regearing is the best thing you can do to get you back in the powerband. once you get it done you'll kick yourself for not doing it sooner

Gearing is cheaper, safer, and less chances of something going wrong.

Good...Sound...Advice

JK Pleepleus

direction

Thanks for all the consistent input. probably cheaper in the long run and will get me in the direction of getting lockers done, too thanks guys!

Top Bottom