Shock question

Albo

Looking to upgrade shocks very soon and wanted to see what you think would be the better shock. I'm currently on pro comp shocks and don't like the stiff ride. I'm looking at the fox 2.0 canister shocks or the King 2.0. I'm on a 2.5 RK x factor lift with 35x12.5 mud grapplers. JKU. Thanks follow for the input.

Diablo

Your ride definitely could be better with a good shock, it really depends on your budget. Personally, I'm not a fan of steel bodied shocks and shocks that are not rebuildable. I think it's all personal preference and options when it comes to shocks but all the big boys use an aluminum body and are rebuildable along with being re-valve-able so your able to tune them. I'd look at Fox, King, Radflo, Sway-a-Way, Icon, hell even RK has nice shocks.

Hot94Z28

I run Rancho 9000's with my RK springs and like them a lot better than the Bilstein 5100's that came with the kit.

Now this is my preference from my experience, I'm sure someone will chime in with their experience and add to this.

Hot94Z28

I will add with a hard top, and the doors on I found a better ride at a 6 setting and with all the stuff off (doors and top) I turn it down to 2/3. But what is nice with this shock you can play with the settings till you Sind what you like.

Acorn

Is there anything specifically you can point out favoring the ranchos over the bilsteins? Ive had 5100s on a truck in the past and loved them, just trying to learn what makes the 9000s better.

WJCO

Meme King
Is there anything specifically you can point out favoring the ranchos over the bilsteins? Ive had 5100s on a truck in the past and loved them, just trying to learn what makes the 9000s better.

Welcome to WAL.

Hot94Z28

I ran them on my 03 Silverado and love the 5100's, so I thought they would be good in my JK and not so much. They were really rough ride and the fronts started leaking.

Hot94Z28

Also how about you stop and give us a wave (in the wave section) and show off your Jeep?

Albo

Great info, glad I asked. Never really even considered the rancho. They would save me about $500-$600 compared to what I was looking at.
So for the record it's the RS9000XL correct?

jeeeep

Hooked
Looking to upgrade shocks very soon and wanted to see what you think would be the better shock. I'm currently on pro comp shocks and don't like the stiff ride. I'm looking at the fox 2.0 canister shocks or the King 2.0. I'm on a 2.5 RK x factor lift with 35x12.5 mud grapplers. JKU. Thanks follow for the input.

if you go with King, make sure you get the adjuster. I have the 2.5 without the adjuster and they need servicing, they've gotten way too firm. Some of what I've read is they should be serviced about every 25000 miles? seems pretty frequent for a shock but the cost of shipping and servicing them is more than I want to pay.

I'm going with the Rancho 9000XL so I can adjust my ride, for the cost of the Kings shipping and service cost it's cheaper for me to buy new shocks.

on a side note, anyone know of a shock service center in Texas? I may buy the service kit and try it myself. but still getting the Ranchos

Albo

if you go with King, make sure you get the adjuster. I have the 2.5 without the adjuster and they need servicing, they've gotten way too firm. Some of what I've read is they should be serviced about every 25000 miles? seems pretty frequent for a shock but the cost of shipping and servicing them is more than I want to pay.

I'm going with the Rancho 9000XL so I can adjust my ride, for the cost of the Kings shipping and service cost it's cheaper for me to buy new shocks.

on a side note, anyone know of a shock service center in Texas? I may buy the service kit and try it myself. but still getting the Ranchos

Sounds very high maintenance. 25000 between rebuild does not sound very appealing to me. I raced dirt cars for about 10 years and the shocks we ran were pretty expensive but they held up. I usually sent them off for a revalve every other season or so just to stay on the "latest greatest" tune.

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

toxicwaste29

I have fox 2.0 if you want a soft ride I suggest getting them either with the adjusters or just saving even more money and getting ranch 9000

samtuck11

I am running Rancho RS9000XL shocks with my RK 2.5" kit and i couldn't be happier. I run them between 1-5 since i have a light weight 2 door. sometimes we tow my boat with the jeep then i dial the rears up to 7 and they compensate perfectly.

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456416884.347345.jpg

Top Bottom