Why is this heat shield destroyed?!?!

nickram

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456802812.405245.jpg
No idea what this is for or what it does but I found it all torn up and about to fall off any ideas what could have caused this besides general trail damage?
I just put a 2.5 inch lift on and 35 inch tires if that has to do with anything...

USMC Wrangler

Looks like the shield near the rear portion of the front upper control arm??? I don't know for sure but my guess is to protect the bushing of the control arm.

toxicwaste29

Agreed it looks like the control arm heat shield. Mine got all tore up so I just self tapped it into the mount and it's been good thus far. Couldn't really say though if it is or isn't needed, Id say it is

jeeeep

Hooked
heat shield for the control arm? I didn't have any on my 2010, i'll need to check the 2015.

Why would Jeep put the exhaust that close to rubber bushings :thinking:

piginajeep

The Original Smartass
heat shield for the control arm? I didn't have any on my 2010, i'll need to check the 2015.

Why would Jeep put the exhaust that close to rubber bushings :thinking:

Geometry and that's where's the exhaust lande. As Adam said put it back on, that's always the bushing to go on after market arms. It boils the grease right out.

payden11

View attachment 190830
No idea what this is for or what it does but I found it all torn up and about to fall off any ideas what could have caused this besides general trail damage?
I just put a 2.5 inch lift on and 35 inch tires if that has to do with anything...

So I also had the same thing happen a few times and it is normally caused from hitting large water puddles too fast.

nickram

Thanks guys! I just took it off and plan on rigging something up to attach it back on tonight because the holes were ripped open should be pretty easy

Kyan

The attaching screw on top part of the shield is hard to get. Maybe lift installer just ripped it off while installing upper arms.

BdugJK

Okay guys, could this be a flapping noise I am hearing at a decent speed 40-45ish. Sounds like it is driver side under my feet. Can't say I hear it all the time though. Guess I will crawl under it tomorrow and see.

CCJKUR

Okay guys, could this be a flapping noise I am hearing at a decent speed 40-45ish. Sounds like it is driver side under my feet. Can't say I hear it all the time though. Guess I will crawl under it tomorrow and see.[/QUOTE

Could be that maybe the bottom of your inner fender

BdugJK

Okay guys, could this be a flapping noise I am hearing at a decent speed 40-45ish. Sounds like it is driver side under my feet. Can't say I hear it all the time though. Guess I will crawl under it tomorrow and see.[/QUOTE

Could be that maybe the bottom of your inner fender

Ahh okay, I will check that as well when I crawl under it. Thanks!

Top Bottom