FirstAid Kit

whytiptoe

Let's see your first aid kit. Looking a building one for the family!!! If you have a detailed list post that up as well please.

WJCO

Meme King
Let's see your first aid kit. Looking a building one for the family!!! If you have a detailed list post that up as well please.

I'll try and take some pics tomorrow and get a labeled list together. I have a ton in mine. I built mine as more of an emergency roadside kit for a family of 5. It's a large duffel bag with clothes, medicine, etc. I approached it from an outdoor/backpacking style and I've never really found the all-inclusive kits at stores too practical. IMO, too much stuff in those that you don't really use/need and other stuff missing from the kits that probably should be in there. Glad to hear you're building your own. I'll try to get some info up in the next day or so.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
I have a basic AAA kit I bought with a few additions. I will add a few more items in the future.

ForumRunner_20160301_220623.png

ForumRunner_20160301_220645.png

Sharkey

Word Ninja
In addition to all of the normal bandaids, aspirin, and over-the-counter stuff, I carry a Sam splint, one way CPR mask, wound irrigation kit, some prescription pain meds, butterfly strips, and have recently added two suture kits. Crazy glue is good to have too, as are some clotting sponges. (Obviously some of this stuff is a bit overkill for day trips to the mall)

Jake Wilson

I carry everything from bandaids to liquid ringers (IV Bags). I have about 10 packs of quick injection 5ml morphine, quick clot, SAM splints, pressure bandages, tourniquets, decompression needles, a small burn kit, at least 2 IV Bags with all tubing and supplies to go with it (stays in the fridge for long trips), a bottle of saline etc. I am one of those, "better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it" people.

Rookie1

I don't know about y'all, but an additional thing that I carry in mine(other then almost everything else that's been mentioned) is a snake bite kit. Also if your willing to just buy one check out the galls website, they have everything from stuff my fire department uses and carries to basic first aid kits and everything else you can think of for stuff like that. Also try and pick up some tri-angle badges, you can wonders with those things(if they aren't already in the kit).

Last edited:

Desert Crawler

I carry quite an extensive kit myself, but if it is an overnighter I need to travel with a few of you guys. IV bags are the best hangover cure ever.

2nd.gunman

Caught the Bug
I carry much the same as above but I also keep sunscreen, insect repellent and sting cream but that's mainly because I live under the hole in the ozone layer and there's a healthy insect population.

Sharkey

Word Ninja
Rookie- what kind of snake bite kit? If it's a Sawyer Extractor, toss it in the trash (next to the three I used to carry). They aren't worth squat.

jeeeep

Hooked
I need to go through mine and replace stuff, I've left it in the Jeep too long.

Do you have a rolling ER room? morphine?

I carry everything from bandaids to liquid ringers (IV Bags). I have about 10 packs of quick injection 5ml morphine, quick clot, SAM splints, pressure bandages, tourniquets, decompression needles, a small burn kit, at least 2 IV Bags with all tubing and supplies to go with it (stays in the fridge for long trips), a bottle of saline etc. I am one of those, "better to have it and not need it than to need it and not have it" people.

Jake Wilson

I need to go through mine and replace stuff, I've left it in the Jeep too long.

Do you have a rolling ER room? morphine?

No I have just deployed my fair share of times and acquired things along the way. I have always been the alt. Medic.

WJCO

Meme King
Sorry for the photo dump. Mine's more of a bag that would sustain a family of five that is stuck in the Jeep while waiting for help. It does have first aid supplies, but more if we were to go off the road in the winter or get stuck for a long period of time with no help. Keep in mind, I also have a ton of other tools I've posted in other threads and we always take good winter gear anyways when traveling in the mountains that we wear on our person.

Here's the bag.
Aid (1).jpg

Flashlight and mace. Quick to grab.
Aid (2).jpg

5 hour energy for a quick boost, hand warmers, cheapy rain parkas, and a collapsable water bottle if we had to transport water.
Aid (3).jpg

Space blankets, rope, basic repair kit with tape/glue.
Aid (4).jpg

Aid (5).JPG

First aid with bandaids, medicine, mouthwash. Also signaling devices, also pen and paper to leave note if we left the vehicle. This also includes a water filter straw.
Aid (6).jpg

Aid (7).jpg

Fleece clothing for 5 people (hats, gloves, top and pants, and socks). Electrolite replenisher. Also have FEMA water in secondary mylar bag for protection. Sealed food rations (3600 calories). FixAFlat as well.
Aid (8).jpg

Inflatable toilet. Blue thing on the right is another water filter bottle.
Aid (9).jpg

Toilet Paper.
Aid (10).jpg

Food rations and emergency water.
Aid (11).jpg

whytiptoe

Thank you ALL for what you have. There are many things that I never even thought of that would be great to have. Keep this coming as this is Great info for everyone.

catahoula

Caught the Bug
Sorry for the photo dump. Mine's more of a bag that would sustain a family of five that is stuck in the Jeep while waiting for help. It does have first aid supplies, but more if we were to go off the road in the winter or get stuck for a long period of time with no help. Keep in mind, I also have a ton of other tools I've posted in other threads and we always take good winter gear anyways when traveling in the mountains that we wear on our person.

Here's the bag.
View attachment 191000

Flashlight and mace. Quick to grab.
View attachment 191001

5 hour energy for a quick boost, hand warmers, cheapy rain parkas, and a collapsable water bottle if we had to transport water.
View attachment 191002

Space blankets, rope, basic repair kit with tape/glue.
View attachment 191003

View attachment 191004

First aid with bandaids, medicine, mouthwash. Also signaling devices, also pen and paper to leave note if we left the vehicle. This also includes a water filter straw.
View attachment 191005

View attachment 191006

Fleece clothing for 5 people (hats, gloves, top and pants, and socks). Electrolite replenisher. Also have FEMA water in secondary mylar bag for protection. Sealed food rations (3600 calories). FixAFlat as well.
View attachment 191007

Inflatable toilet. Blue thing on the right is another water filter bottle.
View attachment 191008

Toilet Paper.
View attachment 191009

Food rations and emergency water.
View attachment 191010

Love it! Especially the inflate a potty!:thumb:

el_chupo_

Nice thread.

B976549C-4B83-45C1-AD19-64362F0D27AD_zpst8xddiza.jpg

I keep two separate bags in my jeep, one is a little one that I got from somewhere, I dumped the bandaids in it, and made it my "basic kit".

It has:
Germ-x
lotion
neosporin spray
tweezers (pointy and flat tip)
finger nail clippers
~20 anti-bacterial cleaning towelettes
Sting and bite pad/ointment
antiseptic gel
whistle
bandaid assortment
chap stick
medical tape
2x2 gauze pads, and 4"x 4 yards roll of gauze bandage
Ace bandage
Wet Ones antibacterial wipes

Ibuprofen tabs

Other one is the larger bag that came with my Trek Armor seat covers, and it handles a bit more. I have a lot of the bandages/tapes/etc in a small "ditty bag" I grabbed from Walmart with 3 separate pockets to keep things a bit more organized, and some of the large stuff goes to the side of the ditty bag in the Trek armor bag. I also wanted the Quick Clot , Olaes bandage, and shears to not be hard to get to and use, so those are just in the big bag, not the smaller ditty bag.

EMT shears
triangle bandages
larger gauze pads, up to 4"x4"
absorbent gauze pads
clear wound dressings
hypoalergenic adhesive wound dressings
smaller wound dressings
isopropril alcohol swabs
small roll duct tape
more "medical tape"
additional Ace bandages
Olaes modular bandage: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YbKDNuLB54A
sterile nitrile gloves, with disposal bag
purified water pipettes for irrigation.
25 and 50g quick clot sponges.
FCE1C648-88B7-4844-96A0-F948F3EFCAB9_zpsfzx21mbj.jpg

Need to get a tourniquet, snake bite kit, and a burn kit too.

I have a pretty good selection of wound dressings, bandages, cleaning swabs, etc due to my wifes job, which deals in medical supplies. Its no Morphine shot and IV setup, but the idea was I would be more prepared than the average car first aid kit for normal stuff, up to some basic gun shot wound care, based on the hobbies I am around or participate in.

As to other stuff, I keep sunscreen (cause of the wife), pen, sharpie, Surefire light, lighter, and a spare pocket knife in the car as well.

Last edited:
Top Bottom