2014 unlimited granit Crystal slow build

Brod

Hey everyone, I'm a little late starting a build thread. And wish I would of found this little community early ! In December 2014 I went and bought a 2014 jku sport and had them install lift and 35's and side steps! But after a lot of reading I found out that I souls of waited on the lift/ gone with something different, and got a rubicon.

That being said I love my jku and now I'm working to build it the right way ! ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456928952.091014.jpg

Here is when I took it home for the first time after they finished the lift and tires

4" pro comp lift, front adj track bar, rear mount to fix the track bar angle, extended break lines.

17" pro comp rims and 35" mtz

With smity built side steps / rock rails

It didint take long that I notest my jeep being supper sluggish after my first time off-road.

Also after finding wayalife I found out my rock rails were garbage so called northridge 4x4 and this showed up a few weeks later ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456929302.158961.jpg

Off to the shop I went to get them installed and get gears done went with 4.88 USA standards

ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456929368.341449.jpg

Also got a tech top nx installed after I got the bonless tech top and it was like driving in a wind tunnel.

After 5k with a 35" on the stock carrier I was getting snow inside the back so I went and got a tire carrier . The dealer help out a bit so I didint have many options to choses from so I got a smitybilt xrc bumper carrier
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456934344.993100.jpg

After putting a few miles on I find that the drive isint that great especially on the highway .

I was going to get new controls arms but I was told any other suspension parts will void the warranty and I would need new drive shafts .

Here is a pic of the front end
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456934741.407668.jpg

That being say I was gonna get

Evo 1/4 pounder with stinger and Zeon 10-s and possibly truck lights

As it sits now in the trail
ImageUploadedByWAYALIFE1456934773.890481.jpg

Is there an other route I would go first ?

Last edited:

Havoc40

At 4" of lift, you could really benefit from a drag link flip kit. This will correct most of your steering issues.

Other than that, nice looking Jeep! Love that color, although I'm sort of partial to it :)

Napalm

Glad to see you found us :) such a nice looking JKU! If I could make any suggestions, you might do a cheap mod and cut the factory fenders. It looks great, is fairly simply and will help with articulation on the trail.

The stock Jk fenders are pretty darn durable, I think you'll be pleased! Welcome! Subscribed to your build!! :)

Brod

Glad to see you found us :) such a nice looking JKU! If I could make any suggestions, you might do a cheap mod and cut the factory fenders. It looks great, is fairly simply and will help with articulation on the trail.

The stock Jk fenders are pretty darn durable, I think you'll be pleased! Welcome! Subscribed to your build!! :)

I was thinking of cutting the fenders this summer but I'm a but worried that it will look weird with the 4" and only 35's anyone do it on here with pics ?

Napalm

I was thinking of cutting the fenders this summer but I'm a but worried that it will look weird with the 4" and only 35's anyone do it on here with pics ?

You make a good point. Definitely something to consider! But, if it makes you feel better and you do decide to cut them and end up not liking them, these stock fenders are a dime a dozen on Craigslist for veery cheap.

Brod

I'm gonna be placing an Order here soon any suggestions on what to get?

List so far is :

1/4 pounder w/stinger

Zeon 10s

Should I do Evo DLF kit ?

And between ether truck lights , CB and mount or skid plates (thinking Evo protek)

Is there something I should do first, in any specific order or something I'm not thinking about ?

Napalm

I'm gonna be placing an Order here soon any suggestions on what to get?

List so far is :

1/4 pounder w/stinger

Zeon 10s

Should I do Evo DLF kit ?

And between ether truck lights , CB and mount or skid plates (thinking Evo protek)

Is there something I should do first, in any specific order or something I'm not thinking about ?

I'd do the DLF. I'd also go for the truck lites, and a CB.

But, that's just my opinion :)

GraniteCrystal

Don't forget recovery gear. I did and now I'm held up on other mods till I can get some stuff. There's a thread on here from Eddie about how that should be everyone's first mod and a list of things to buy.

CCJKUR

Don't forget recovery gear. I did and now I'm held up on other mods till I can get some stuff. There's a thread on here from Eddie about how that should be everyone's first mod and a list of things to buy.

Just about everything on your list is a must and recovery is one of the biggest ones. I just finished up putting my evo skids on and there awesome!!

Brod

Yeah that's a good idea I already have. Tow top and d-rings and a few tow straps and a 100+ ft 1/2 synthetic rope.

Can't forget a few pairs of leather gloves.

I'm missing a snatch block I was gonna get with the winch

I will take a look at theta thread to see if I'm missing anything

Thanks

GraniteCrystal

Yeah that's a good idea I already have. Tow top and d-rings and a few tow straps and a 100+ ft 1/2 synthetic rope.

Can't forget a few pairs of leather gloves.

I'm missing a snatch block I was gonna get with the winch

I will take a look at theta thread to see if I'm missing anything

Thanks

Snatch block and tree saver sound like the main things you're missing.

Great color by the way. I have a 2014 JKUR in Granite Crystal as well.

Brod

No I was going to but I live in Canada and it would of been an extra 3000$ to do lockers . I figured I would save up for a rubicon 44 or PR44

Top Bottom